1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

0.0001019 Challenge (2) by Styx

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Styx, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Styx

Styx Third Year

Well as everyone knows the fic archives is flooded with repetitive ideas/concepts (cliches), so i came up with a challenge to measure the un-originality of the HP fic-world.

The Challenge:
    Put together a fic by copy-paste ONLY (i mean dozens of fics not just changing the heading) without writing anything your-self method. Preferably paragraphs(no longer) for action and descriptions; sentences for dialog.

The Disclaimer will be huge(mentioning all the authors). Also add a counter of how many fics used. Most fics used wins the challenge.

*To mods and admins>as seen in the title i am aware of the rules*

2. Kiklo

Kiklo Seventh Year

To do this, someone would need a lot of time on his/her hand. To have to go through all the fics, (And there are many many) find all the fitting scenes, have smooth flowing character personalities from different fics...It would just take quite some time.

Eh, I'll read it if someone takes the challenge up. This should most likely be a One-shot, imo.

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Credit given or not, it's still plaigiarism when you take another author's words and ideas and post them. I would make it my business to have any story that took from my works for a venture such as this deleted and the 'author' punished.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  4. Jeff

Jeff Third Year

I may be out of line, but I don't think you did read the rules.

If someone does do this fic, they would need the approval of every author, even if its credited.

EDIT: Shit, I was beaten to the punch. I was replying to it before I saw your post LT2000.

5. Styx

Styx Third Year

About the flow- Well its meant to look a bit routh like broken glass pieced back together or a mosaic.

And about taking another authors ideas- As i said the measure of unoriginality and cliche. You use the bits that have no original ideas, i couldn't think of any author who'd protest of using ideas they riped of another who also riped it of another and so on ...

And if anyone finds a truly one time originl idea thats been never used aniwere else, let me know.
    (Still on the quest to find the truly original idea)

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If the author got the permission from every author would that make it alright? Plagiarism is generally took to mean stealing another person's ideas but if the original author/s was kind enough to let them have/borrow the idea then it should be legitimate.

If that's the case then I like this challenge, otherwise its a no-go.

7. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

It may be plagiarism but I still think that its a nice idea. Given of course that the author has the agreement of all the "contributors". It should also be clear to the reader that this is a copy story. Also Plagiarism isn't soooooo bad, as long as credit is given. If you take a look at scientifical works, you will find out that large parts are often copied from other authors...

I find it a good idea and would love to see it done.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006