1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dark!Sirius mentors Harry plot idea

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by ip82, Sep 20, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Ok, this starts like your standard "Sirius escapes Azkaban early and takes Harry away" fic. The difference - Sirius gets really pissed off at seeing the sort of treatment 7-11 year old Harry is subjected to. He figures "I'm already an escaped convict, sentenced to the kiss. Who cares what I do now." Thus, Sirius kills all the Dursleys (or just Vernon) before taking Harry away.

Now here's the thing; he liked it. It felt liberating, not caring about laws and morals any more. Not to mention that being famous ex-Auror on the run has a nice feel to it. He starts showing his face more and more in the wizarding and muggle hubs around the world, enjoying pandemonium it always causes... until one time, he's approached by a recruiter of some secret wizarding mafia organization/assassin guild. They are also taken by his reputation, thus they hire him to act as their hit man.

First few years, Sirius is mostly on his own, learning secrets of the trade, enjoying his job and getting all the chicks... while Harry is more or less neglected. Mind you, it's heaven compared to the Dursleys, but still, he'd like to spend more time with his godfather. Faced with such request, Sirius while drunk/high promises Harry he'd take him with him on one of his jobs.

Thus, after this, we have relationship between Harry and Sirius developing in a whole new direction - with Harry acting as Sirius' helper/watcher and after a few years, as a partner - kinda like in the movie Leon.

After this, there are several directions this could take. It could be something as gay as Harry starting to grow all moralistic and turning against progressively darker Sirius. It could be just the two of them getting better, until given the job to take out resurrected Voldemort.

The best course of action - Harry and Sirius stumble upon article in newspapers, showing picture of Pettigrew in Ron's pocket... best before the start of Triwizard tournament. Of course, the whole thing is a plant by Voldemort to smoke out Harry, so he could get his blood for resurrection. Thus, Harry and Sirius decide to use the whole Triwizard mess and go to Hogwarts undercover - Harry as a student of let's say Durmstrong, and Sirius by polijuicing Mad-Eye Moody (or infiltrating as one of the Dragon handlers or something).

After this, it's your standard new & improved 4th year AU.

Not the best idea ever, but at least an original take on Sirius's character... I think.

2. CGB

CGB Auror

Good idea, but I don't understand why the newspaper article would be a plant by Voldemort. I understand that Voldemort would know that Harry and Sirius are out for Pettigrew's blood, but a newspaper article... kinda lame. I think it would be more realistic, if it would be just an ordinary article. Although this way it would be harder to write...
    Anyway, I like the idea.

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

It has to be something Sirius will surely notice. Maybe a contract to kill Ron? And in the file, a picture of Ron holding Scrabbers. Of course, Voldemort would tip off the Weasleys that the Dark Lord had ordered his execution (let's say, because he saved he saved Philosopher's stone or something), so that Harry and Sirius would be forced to cancel the attack at Burrow and go undercover to Hogwarts.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

While this is completely different to what I've been thinking about these last few months, the same base is used here. Dark!Sirius mentoring Harry is something I've been planning for awhile now. It would actually star a Death Eater!Sirius though, but I wont say much more.

Something about Sirius actually being 'evil' appeals to me.

5. Kiklo

Kiklo Seventh Year

Is this before or after Wormtail helped resurrect Voldemort? If it was before, than how would have Voldemort gotten his body back?

I like the concept of Sirius being evil, it seems interesting. Sirius could just be mad at Dumbledore & the order because they all left him to rot in Azkaban without a trial. And during his stay in Azkaban, he was still angry and his mind kind of got screwed a bit-not too much. This also altered his perception a little, which sort of started his descend into the darkness or evil side.

Eh, I don't know...

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

That can work. Having all your happy memories being sucked away would alter a persons mind, definitely. After sitting there and thinking about nothing but insane plots of revenge for 13 years would fuck anyone up.

7. se7en

se7en Professor

Someone with some serious dedication would have to take this up. To get all that stuff in one story would be a lot of words.

8. Mr. Merriman

Mr. Merriman Groundskeeper

Yeah, I always thought that a Dark Sirius wasn't much of a stretch. I mean, c'mon, he tried to feed his childhood enemy to a rampaging werewolf, who was also one of his best friends. And while I'm sure that there are any number of people who love nothing more than to feed Snape to a rampaging anything, it still comes across as a bit dark, especially since if he had succeeded, Remus would probably have been killed by the Ministry.

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah, but it could also be that he is too much like Ron and doesnt think before he acts.

I'd like to believe it was because he was secretly dark and sadistic though.

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I'm not sure it's a good idea to have Sirius dark from the start. He needs to be goody-good Gryffindork so he would befriend James and had him killed afterwards (otherwise, you have a hassle of projecting an AU). Sirius going dark in Azkaban is better, but still unrealistic IMO. I just don't see such a transformation of character, when he believed it was his own fault for getting there.

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Most of the time, I cant see Harry going dark either, but we all write about it happening. It's no different.

It'd be easy for Sirius to cave under the pressure of his family and 'do the right thing'. We all see these stories where Harry manipulates Ron and Hermione behind the scenes, them still thinking he's their friend. I could see Sirius doing the same, but of course, his character would have to be changed a little from being a bash idiot to a more Slytherin mindset. Just like we do with Harry.

Meh. It's not totally original, Sirius being bad, but it really hasnt been done enough.

12. se7en

se7en Professor

You can have Sirius go a little crazy from Azkaban though. Not in his right mind, but still able to be seen as 'sane'. As soon as he escapes, he forgets about morals, the community, and everything.. making him turn a little darker. Just a little thought.

13. razz

razz Seventh Year

I love this idea!

I've never thought of anything like that before, I really like it. I can't see any problems at all. Ah, I wish someone would take this up!

14. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Nice Idea IP. I reckon that something needs to happen to sirius that encourages him to turn dark. We know from canon that the events of being thrown in Azkaban dont do this him.

However this is a challenge for an AU story, and so such a plot development may not be required should the turn to dark!sirius be detailed sufficiently

15. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like the idea, it holds definate promise. Kudos to you IP