1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Challange by PsyckoSama Dungeon Keeper

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by PsyckoSama, Sep 26, 2006.

1. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Those of you who have played the game are problem remember it with a snicker at this moment, those of you who haven't are probelly too young to remember and need to get your hands on a real classic game rather than playing this Halo bullshit. ;)

Some info on game two. After this, just Wiki it for the basics. http://www.icequake.net/dk2/mirror/dk2_gg/

Now here are the rules.
    This story sould follow the standard Independent Harry cliché in the begining with the addition that he buys an artifact, a very powerful and rather dark one that promisses the person who uses it power unlike any other. Ofcourse thinking the prophecy and being a dumbass, he uses it.

Thusly our intrepid hero is cast out of his realiy and into another... right onto an inactive dungeon heart where he finds to individuals. A disembodied spirit that refers to itself as the Mentor or the Advisor (depending on mood) and Horny, the Horned Reaper, 8 1/2 feet of bad attitude and psychotic killing rage with a scythe. Its a massive red demon who's all but immuned to physical and magical damage that by its own volition exsists to simply kill and loves every minute of it.

These two were trapped in this dungeon heart as a way for the rivals of thier previous keeper to get out. The deal is that Harry becomes thier keeper and he gets to live.

So Harry becomes a keeper and immediatly these two, who are very evil, and by evil, I mean over the toply so, start to think of ways to corrupt harry into a propper keeper...

The dungeon heart has some bonuses to the keeper though. They're stronger and tougher in every way and if they're killed they live on as long as the heart is intact, though they're disembodied and forced to remain in thier dungeon unless they do a dark ritual to make a new body, create an artifical, magically sustained puppet to serve as a mortal form, or posess one of thier sevants

This is the set up. Now, if you ever have him go back home (to kill voldemort and take over the world) he arrives 3 months after he left and goes back to hogwarts to finish learning the local forms of magic, spy on Dumbles, and gather supporters in his world. THe Slytherins would probelyl fall into place unless they're morons (malfoy) while the other houses might need to spend some time in the torture chamber.

Thoughts?

2. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

DONT! SEND! HIM! BACK! TO! HOGWARTS!!!

Soooo we have a nearly immortal Harry who has a god damn Reaper and he is going back to Hogwarts for WHAT?
    I honestly don't see a point why he should, and I am honestly sick of reading fiction which follows canon line just because the author doesn't any imagination.

Leave out the Hogwarts part --> make the story about 40k words shorter - and it might even be completed.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  3. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I am not familiar with the game, but it sounds as though it would be a good short fic. I wouldn't enjoy it is it was more than maybe 60K words, get it done, and finished without unneeded filler like Hogwarts.

4. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Thasts why I had it semi-optional. Going back to Hoggy-Hogwarts would mostly be for his own amusement and as a chance for him to have revenge on/fuck with all his childhood enemies and fair-weather friends.

Besides, he'd still be able to control his dungeons remotely and posess his servants at will... so its not like its taking a break from his evil. If anything it would throw the radar off of him so he can look the goodly hero, sit in on order meetings, and generally be his own top spy while Dumbles and the Order of the Fire Chicken inepty try and hault his reign of terror.

I have abandonware links for it... PM me

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2006
  5. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Don't double post, it gets up the admins nose, and thanks for the PM's

6. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

Ive started working on a dungeon Keeper/HP cross which is a variation on this challange. How familiar are people with this game - how much additional information would/may be necessary?

Does it matter as long as it was consistant and provided enough hooks to grab the reader without leaving them lost?

7. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

I know nothing at all about this story besides what was put in the first link. I would imagine that most people know veyr little about it.
    Thus, it would probably be best if you put a decent amount of background in so that people can follow what is going on

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was a quality game but I don't think there was much background to it. It was basically build up your dungeon (with nests/hatcheries/libraries/torture chambers/etc.) to get some good demons to come through your portal. Then you send em all to wipe out the good guys. Fun.

Could be amusing to see a crossover and I'd think you'd need quite a bit of info about the game, mostly just random creatures you could send up. I wanna see Horny take on Voldie. THAT would be amusing!

9. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

Got it spot on there.

Very fun and the narrator in keeper 1 was awesome

http://pluto.spaceports.com/~thanatos/dk/index.html

Has the list of creatures, traps, rooms, heroes and the sounds are fairly small files so worth listening since it may help with the mentor/advisor's character

10. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

Thanks guys, Im looking for a beta that is familiar at least partially with DK.

Still working on my foundations of ging to DK verse realistically but....