1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Alchemist!Harry challange

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Styx, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Styx

Styx Third Year

2. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alchemy is a branch of magic dedicated to making the Philosophers Stone, as a primary goal, and as a secondary goal, simply turning base metal into gold.

Yes it is magical.

No, it is not something a Dark Lord would find of any use. Its like, "Beware, if you don't bow down and worship me, Ill turn this bit of lead into gold. Fear my power!"

How would you get a Dark Alchemist. Someone who abuses his power? How would one abuse the power to any great extent?

Also, there is no real challenge implied in your post. Revise it, edit it, maybe even delete it. But definately rewrite it.

3. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

if a alchemist can make something that gives life like the PS, then i see no reason why one couldnt make insanley dangerous death bringing objects and substances that make poisons look like childsplay. However its gunna take alot of imagination. And like the above post said theres no real challenge here...

4. Mordecai

High Score:
    Alchemy has nohting to do with the dark or dangerous. The whole point of alchemy is the Philosophers Stone. In the proces they learn how to make some wierd shit yes, but nothing that a person who knows some stuff about chemistry couldn't replicate.

So we may as well make the challenge something about how Harry's nemesis is a chemistry student at Uni.

5. Styx

Styx Third Year

Ever seen the Vidocq? Achemist stealing life-force from people and thus making himself immoral. I konw the ultimate goal is to create the PS but I´d never believe Harry would get that far, so stelaing life will do.

6. Mordecai

High Score:
    Im going by the traditional/mythical/historical whatever view of Alchemy. It has nothing to do with stealing life forces or harming others in any way. Where this film got the idea for an alchemist doing this stuff with his alchemy I don't know. Probably the same place that the American editor for PS got the idea that it should be called "Sorceror's Stone", ie up his arse.

7. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Mord: Christian propaganda.