1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Week 17: Order of the Phoenix, Ch. 32 - 38

Discussion in 'Bookclub' started by BTT, Feb 20, 2017.

1. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    What a swell guy, that Tofty.

Panting? That's just fucked up.

Hermione played Umbridge like a fool. If that doesn't win her significant points I don't know what will.

Fuckin' ouch. Can't blame him in the slightest, though, considering Neville disarms him when they're fighting a Death Eater.

How useless.

Dark Lord, hmm? Not Tom (Marvolo) Riddle.

oh boy

Malfoy must have some skills.

It's weird that Bellatrix is so not in control of herself and yet she taught Draco Occlumency.

Man, that is fucked up.

Dude can't handle a Silencing Spell but took down Moody?

That joke's a book too early, Ron.

Luna: actually pretty good in combat. Who'd have thought?

God, what a clusterfuck this entire battle is. And they complained that Harry didn't want them anywhere near it.
    Neville has a far better showing after he loses his wand than before, oddly enough.

Moody the super Auror. Pah.

I remember A Black Comedy stating this was a Blood-Freezing Curse, but honestly I'm just thinking it was a Stunning Spell.

An example of a spell being fired and being reacted to in time to use another.

Better get used to that feeling, Harry!

Damn. Lowkey fire, right there.

Voldemort is Indy!Harry, it turns out!

Kreacher is just a gigantic fucking dick, goddamn. Fucking house elves.

Basically the problem is that canon Dumbledore wasn't manipulative enough.

Dandelion juice? The fuck?

2. Atram Noctem

Atram Noctem Auror

The Ministry being empty is just too weird. Even with the Death Eaters' intervention, there must be SOME workers there, it's only like 8 pm. How did they manage to get everyone out?

Also, anyone have any idea about the excerpts from the two prophecies that break first?

...So the Death Eaters don't know Alohomora? that's some Cursed Child-tier writing.
    Moody is so disappointing. He's hyped as a legendary auror, yet in almost all his appearances in the series he gets quickly BTFO. And it's not like Dolohov is so amazing - Harry nails him with a Body-Bind several times.
    I'm still wondering what was this spell, though Rowling probably has no idea herself.
    Voldemort doesn't care about you, Dumbledore. He sent Draco Malfoy to kill you. Voldemort cares about Harry. If he could have possessed him, he would've done so anyway. And he probably knows that Harry and Dumbledore are close anyway.
    Which he had done anyway.
    Not really tho lol

Did I mention that I hate this book?[FONT=&quot][/FONT]​

3. Dicra

Dicra Groundskeeper

Turns out there's a reason for his seven trillion scars. xD

4. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Chapter 32: Out of the Fire

Indication that wizards and witches resilience/longevity has its limits.

:facepalm I mean, she's not wrong, but...

It's just part of the background noise of the castle at this stage.

Umm...are they selling this? That seems bad. Really bad.

Subtle.

Chapter 33: Fight and Flight

And she says Harry's reckless!

I mean...what did she think was going to happen?

A bit of an over-reaction, perhaps, but they're not wrong. If only this had happened before the SPEW debacle!

Chapter 34: The Department of Mysteries

That doesn't seem secure for sitting on an invisible horse as you fly from Scotland to London, but ok.

How did Rowling miss the opportunity to have a phone box that's bigger on the inside?

Chapter 35: Beyond the Veil

Ambiguous. It could be seen as the Death Eater casts the spell but it goes in the wrong direction, or that Harry's tackle completely interrupts the spell. The former is more likely, but if it's the latter then it's a good example of people moving faster than a spell can be cast.

Jesus Christ, Hermione.

Then pick the bits up and put them in your pocket! Show some respect. Kids today.

Sounds rather like what happens to him when Harry overdoes the Cheering Charm (PoA?)

Well...no. He doesn't teach anything, and he's never been especially associated with Arithmancy /missing the point

Really. Death Eaters, some of the most feared and sadistic magical practitioners of their age...using school boy jinxes? Sigh.

Harry does know 'Finite', right?

Chapter 36: The Only One He Ever Feared

And yet none of them seem to follow him to stop him.

I think this is the only time that someone gets categorised by their special ability. Curious.

They were breaking apart well enough earlier - something inherent to Dumbledore's animation spell, or did he cast multiple spells with a single movement? He seems to a little later in the duel, although equally Voldemort is able to shatter one of the statues even though it's animated.

...and the horse you rode in on.

Chapter 37: The Lost Prophecy

I realise that Voldemort probably just knew Harry had seen the vision, but I could see a divergence point being that Draco sees Harry having his nightmare in the exam, and lets his parents know.

Which seems almost reasonable, until you remember that we're talking about a guy whose brother has never forgiven him for getting their sister killed in a three way duel with his kinda/sorta boyfriend.

[​IMG]

Chapter 38: The Second War Begins

Doesn't Fudge basically tell the PM in HBP that they're not sure whether Voldemort really qualifies as alive, but he's walking and talking so to all intents and purposes?