1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Transfiguration Errors: A PsychoSama Challange

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by PsyckoSama, Oct 17, 2006.

1. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

A warning before I start: I got this idea from A Lonely Summer by Naga's Shadow. If that doesn't send you running then I'll begin...

Standard Independent Harry story. If you wish it may use the generic Harry Potter start up I'm working on and will be posting in the next week or so, god willing.

Harry breaks away from the Order and most of his friends who tend to be Dumbledore's lackeys. Does the normal going darker and getting all kinds of cool crap to help him tip the scales a bit.

During this time, he gets a little lonely as he has been forced to cut contact with the majority of his friends, and trading owls with Luna can cause headaches to say the least.

During this time he comes upon the section on animal to human transfiguration in one of his books and after some conversation, tries it out on Hedwig if simply to have someone to talk to for a bit, and to get to know his oldest and most loyal friend.

The spell works and Hedwig is turned into a young, beautiful (and totally naked) human female that kind of looks like her owl form (wide, owlish amber eyes, almost albino skin and hair, lithe and graceful 'bird like' body, ect.). If you want to get around translation spells and she needed to learn to walk, you can say that is part of the magic.

A problem though is that Harry put far too much power into the transfiguration making it so she would stay a human girl basically for keeps.

Because she'd going to be a human for a good long time, or at least until it can be undone, he has to teach her how to live as a human. This is confounded by the fact that as a magical creature (a post owl in this case) she was transfigured into a magical human. She does not have massive potential for magic but she can learn spells and cast them with a popper wand and she retains some of her innate owl abilities. (Ability to speak owl, flawless sense of direction, an innate ability to find people, the natural ability to cast weight reduction charms on items she carries, and if you put her on a broom she'd be a 'natural' flyer)

In addition to have to teach her to live like a human, which could be amusing in its own right, she has almost no sense of shame and actually finds clothes to be restricting at times. To make matters worse, she has no knowledge or control over many of the more innately human impulses and as a young girl living with an attractive male of the same species she has to deal with human reproductive drives which confuse and excite her, and coming from an animals (abet a near sentient one's) POV she decides that if she's going to be human then she wants to mate with Harry. This could lead to some amusing conversation as Mr. Potter is forced to talk to his bird about the bees, and the mechanical differences between how Birds and Humans "mate". It makes her a bit less anxious to "have chicks" but she still wants to mate.

Well, of course eventually they do become an item as Hedwig has said urges and has always cared for Harry (abet in a master/pet way) and Harry has always loved Hedwig (abet in a master/pet way) and being stuck together with a hot over-affectionate girl who's a nudist and wants to jump his bones.

Additional ideas...

Harry during this time wants to become an animagus and Hedwig joins in and ends up being a 'natural' at it, becoming an owl animagus (or would in her case that be an owl who's a human animagus). This 'traps' her as a human as she can now change at will.

When Harry and Hedwig have sex (you know they will) it has a magical side effect. The phrase "making her a woman" is more than just a saying as it seems that sex has a magic of its own and by making love to her he made her a woman both symbolically and literally. She has to be both willing to become human and wanting to have sex for it to work, but it does and kind like a unbreakable oath is permanent.

If/When they make/get her a wand it has one of her own feathers from when she was an owl as the core and the body was made from her favorite perch.

Getting back on the main story, everyone who finds out about this is a bit shocked and confused as while not totally without precedent, its considered rather... eccentric to say the least, bloody mad to be totally honest. Regardless though, because of what happened Hedwig is now legally a human (if the transfiguration was simply permanent, she became an owl animagus thus giving her a permanent human form, or if Harry 'made her a woman') and thusly if Harry goes back to Hogwarts, she goes too.

Conditions

- Independent Harry.
    - Harry transfigures Hedwig into a human to have someone to talk to.
    - Harry messes up the Transfiguration making it permanent.
    - Hedwig's human form is a young and beautiful woman.
    - Hedwig has to learn to be human
    - Hedwig has potential as a witch and retains most of her innate Owl abilities
    - Hedwig maintains many odd personality characteristics such as owl like behaviors, as well as an 'unrestrained' over-affectionate personality (at least with Harry) and a disdain for clothing.
    - Hedwig is confused by human instincts and wants to 'mate' with Harry before long.
    - Harry has to explain the birds and the bees to her.
    - They do end up together
    - When is found out, everything thinks Harry is a fucking lunatic (for good reason, this time)
    - It’s a Harry/Hedwig relationship fic. If there are any additional match ups, it has to be confined to girls who would not be freaked out by the fact that Harry is doing the bad thing with a transfigured owl. Basically, this limits it to Luna basically or Tonks if you're willing to give it a stretch.

Option

- If Harry becomes an Animagus, so does Hedwig. This makes her permanently and indelibly human.
    - When Harry makes her a woman, he really makes her a woman… permanently.
    - When Hedwig gets a wand, if it’s a custom (say, made by Harry) it fits the conditions listed above, otherwise is most have some form of feather as the core.
    - If Harry goes to Hogwarts, Hedwig does too as a student. Because Harry would be teacher her magic over the summer she'd probably be able to skip several years in most areas and thusly would be in a kind of limbo with her year status. (have to take potions with the first years but has been taught ahead a great deal in DADA for example).

2. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

I had a pretty similar idea not long ago. http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=3229

I'll probably write this story eventually (Hedwig as a homomagus (able to become human) of some sort. I might use bits of this added to my original idea when I do, but there are still a few fics I need to wrap up first.

Edit; There's also the fun of green eyed owlets with messy feathers in a few months...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

This would be hilarious. Kekekekekekekeke.

4. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    I couldn't see this as anything but a humor fic though. Great idea!

5. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

Someone like the maker of "Make A Wish" or nonjon should do this.

6. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

Hence why I was saying I'd do it eventually, humor is about all I can do well. Not to discourage anyone else from doing it, I'm sure Rorschach's Blot and Nonjon could do it better if they tried.

7. Naga's Shadow

Naga's Shadow Seventh Year

I can't belive that i've twisted so many fragile minds. Good job me! I'll have to do so again soon.:)
    But interseting idea otherwise. It's different enough from caitiff's idea methinks to have it's own thread.

8. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

9. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

Yerah but Golden Eyes lost track of what it was doing. The author tried to fit fifty different plots into the same story. I can understand elemental!Harry and weird-animagus!Harry, independant!Harry, and super!Harry but combine all of that with a human hedwig, sexy femBlaise, a new pet phoenix, a legendary familiar, manipulative Dumbledore, and Ginny and Hermione wanting to sex Harry up... It's too many stories in one.

One thing I learned from my first story (since deleted because it was utter crap) is that authors need to focus on one or two plots at a time. Having a many layered "always something happening in the background" story is a good thing, but remember where your story is going and how to get it there. I have alot of ideas that I want to use, but I've learned to just write them down and set them aside until they find a home.

10. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Meh... bump. Still an amusing idea... seeing if anyone is interested in it now. Beats reposting it... *shrugs*

11. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

o_o

I liked Eldryn's version of this. Too bad I lost the file for it. :(