1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Lady Bellatrix Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Necrule Paen, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Here is the scenario
    Instead of the Deatheaters running around with their heads cut off after Voldemort's first defeat Bellatrix assumes control and makes herself the Dark Lady.

Since she is less powerful than Dumbledore they either change their tactics or something happens to Dumbledore to reduce his effectiveness in combat.

This means she never went to Azkaban so she can be as crazy or sane as you want.

I want a noticeable change in the Wizarding World by the time Harry gets to Hogwarts. And don't have Harry's adventures copies of Canon your changes need to be more than superficial.

Don't make it slash.

Over time more stuff may be added.

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Does he really have to be a first year at Hogwarts? Even without following canon, when he's that young, not much shit really happens or if it does, it isnt believable because of his age.

Maybe he doesnt arrive until he's 16-17? He's been... other places during this time. Maybe the Dursley's are killed one day while he is left at home in a raid at a shopping mall or someshit and he goes off on his own when they dont return. It didnt happen in canon because Voldemort's death eaters did shit after he fell apart from the torturing of the Longbottoms. Its just a case of the Dursley's being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Would that work? Or for the challenge to work, he has to go to Hogwarts when he's 11?

3. Necrule Paen

The challenge really is not about Harry so you can have Harry show up when he is 80 to replace Filch for all I care. In fact I would hope that people will experiment with that sort of thing. Basically If I don't specifically name something then you have the green. However, I would like a link if someone does it because I seem to have hit a dry spell. I can't seem to find any good fics lately and the ones I have before are not updating. I seem to be subsisting on Harry Potter and the Stargate and I would much rather have a more Potter verse story to read.

4. mournthewicked

mournthewicked Mistress

Oh, I really like this challenge. Right after I read it I right away started writing it. Thanks!

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Oooo! Someone that actually took up a challenge. This'll be interesting.

6. mournthewicked

mournthewicked Mistress

Haha. I'm having a bit of a trouble trying to keep it all canon, taking into account all the things that passed and wouldn't happen if she became the Dark Lady. Also, trying to flesh out her past. Trying work.

7. Necrule Paen

That is all right. generally speaking the longer it takes the better it will be.

8. mournthewicked

mournthewicked Mistress

Yes, although I am a horrific procrastinator. Maybe that means everything I do is perfect?

9. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

no that just means you take a long time

10. mournthewicked

mournthewicked Mistress

Haha. Believe me, I know that. Above was sarcasm. Nothing I do is perfect, not even close.

11. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I'm also a procrastinator...not horribly, I always get work done when, but when it comes to things such as finishing EoH, learning C/C++, etc. I find myself at the mercy of my own procrastination.

11:30am: "Hmm...I'll start at 2pm...yeah..."

2:30pm: "I'll start at 4:00pm."

etc.

12. mournthewicked

mournthewicked Mistress

I procrastinate not just hours, but days. And then the final procrastination: "Ah, forget that. I procrastinated too much."

Ehm. That's why I never get a lot of things done.

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I'm getting that way too. When I first started writing, I updated weekly. No exceptions. Now I'm getting progressively lazier about it.

14. Lord Ravenclaw

Indeed...my next story I'll write beforehand so that pathetic reviewers and my own apathy don't stop me.

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

LMAO, pathetic reviewers. I thrive too much on reviews.

16. mournthewicked

mournthewicked Mistress

I was thinking about doing that too, and updating every week so I could coax as many reviews as I could.

Because as of now, I have never finished one of my fics.

17. Lord Ravenclaw

Well, it wasn't really coaxing reviewers, more that their pathetic whinging and "Update soon plez" set me off my stomach.

18. mournthewicked

mournthewicked Mistress

Eck, I usually desperately ignore those reviews. It's hard to get real constructive criticism.

19. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Don't really care for reviews though it does make me happy if I get some good ones. It shows that people are at least reading it.

20. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

ive atually only got about 4 negative reviews for my perverse destivle.. including eing called a deranged retard.. FUN!.. but i tend to ignore those...

what i HAVE trouble ignoring is, however, when the pathetic reviewers take it upon them selves to IM me and HELP me by giving me advice i dont need and get pissy when i politely thank them but dont need help...happened yesterday... the idiot said some REALLY idiiotic stuff that prevented me from even typign stright at one point... and had the balls to tell me to grow up and that i was talking down to him when i bluntly told him hey hanks for the help but im not interested, i work at my own pace... fuckign idiots