1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Haven't seen this before..

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by sirius009, Oct 30, 2006.

1. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

I was just reading some other challenges when I thought i would give it a try myself. We all know DD has a little bit of a mean streak and we don't know much about his past except he supposedly defeated Grindewald in the 40's. I was just thinking that it would be kind of cool if DD had some deep dark secret. It's probably crap but w/e, I just thought of it five minutes ago so i don't have many answers at the moment but here it goes:

What if Harry learned Dumbledores darkest secret, the fact that Dumbledore is in fact Grindewald, and Grindewald is his old alter ego?

What if in the the celebration of the defeat of an evil darklord the wizarding world failed to investigate Grindewald/Dumblore further and just accepted the darklords defeat as a fact?

Basically over the summer after his fifth year (i would prefer it not be post hbp) Harry starts researching Dumbledore as a little summer project. When knowing DD defeated an evil darklord when he was younger, harry finds it odd that there is a lack of information on the actual battle between DD and Grindewald, and learns that it's because know one saw DD beat Grindewald. Interested, harry starts researching information on Grindewald and finds that Grindewald is similar to DD (much like harry and voldy are similar) and that no one knows anything about Grindewalds past and no one saw his body after his death, they just saw his wand. Harry keeps studying and through his own research discovers that DD and Grindewald are one and the same, and that DD is just waiting for him (harry) to defeat Voldy so Grindewald can reign again, without the threat of Voldy.

I figure that DD has just become sick of being a good guy and wants to go back to being evil, either as Grindewald or some other darklord.

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

That's pretty interesting, although that only gives motive for Harry to turn against DD. For the whole story, you'll need more 'meat'. But the idea has merit...

3. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

interesting. Of course there's no reason WHY Albus would defeat himself (as Grindy in the first place.)

4. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

We do? Where is the support for this theory?

5. Wisdom's Mountain

Wisdom's Mountain Sixth Year

I think I have read a story about with DD as Grindel before. It was by please-dont-tell-my-mom or something like that and had Harry as quarter elf, demon, angel and vampire. Totally:stained

6. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I've seen this several times. The plot is usually completely stupid and most of the fics contain Elves.

It would need to be done REALLY well and as IP said its only a reason for HP to rebel against AD.

7. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Yeah your right thats more FF, i read too much of it.

As for DD defeating himself, maybe he just didn't want to get caught, or maybe he just got sick of playing a darklord. Heck maybe he even made sure Tom Riddle would rise to become Voldy so that DD could play good guy and defeat him, but because of the prophecy he can't so he has been brainwashing harry to do it instead.