1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DoWnEr's Challenge #1

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by DoWnEr, Nov 15, 2006.

1. DoWnEr

DoWnEr Second Year

I'm not very good with words so i'll just get straigh to the point.

Harry is trained by Artemis Entreri. Before you people say Artemis would never do that read Promise of the Witch King & Road of The Patriarch for reasons of why he might. Plus the fact that he has a soft spot for young abused kids.

• Is magically, be it accidental on his part or someone elses, transported to the streets of Calimport where he meets Artemis before the age of 8
    • His uncle tries/tried to molest Harry before his dimensional trip
    • Harry pick ups Artemis' style of fighting with two blades, be they two swords, two daggers or a combination
    • One or both of his weapons must be magical in some way
    • He must get sent back to his world by accident before he turns 17
    • In the Entreri practical fashion Harry must join whichever side he thinks will win or even both, whatever would give him better chances of survival.

2. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

To me this sounds like abused!harry and I'm not really a fan of that.

3. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wtf?

Why would you want Harry to use blades of any sort. He has magic for a reason.

Overall, it sounds like a very poor challenge.

4. Vendo

Vendo Fourth Year

Does conjuring blades and banishing them at an opponent cound as weilding them?

5. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

No but its been done to death. Instead why not just transfigure a DE into a water goblet or something glass, during a battle they would be destoyed somehow and if their teammate falls on them and has glass in him all the better.

6. Vendo

Vendo Fourth Year

My only guess is that wizards arnt very original.

Have you noticed that almost all the people in the HP verse uses the same set of spells? Dark wizards use the big 3, The Order disarming hex, stupefy, and reducto...

7. DoWnEr

DoWnEr Second Year

Like Harry never used a blade before? Yup, he should never have used a sword he should have just used his magic, that he has a for a reason, to kill the basilisk . I wonder what J.K. Rowling was thinking when she put a sword into a magical persons hands instead of having him cast spells at it the whole time to kill it.

If you don't like the idea fine. I doubt anyone would like it unless they themselves are fans of Artemis Entreri but don't critisize me for just taking something the author already did and just taking it step further unless you hated her idea in the first place.

I don't like abused Harry much either that's why i put in the word "tried/tries"and not "does/did" but it would give a good reason of why Entreri would connect with Harry more when they meet.

I've always wanted to read a good forgotten realms/Hp crossover. Doesn't matter which books really but Entreri has been my favorite since his first appearance so i'd like to see it crossed with the current ones where he's one of the main characters.

8. Vendo

Vendo Fourth Year

I'm rather sure JKR put a sword into the CoS book because spells arnt very effective against a basilisk. Thats my guess though.

9. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Neither are second year boy's.

10. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I personally hate swords being used in HP. People (I admit I was once one of them) love to have HArry or someone else use a sword. The have magic for a reason and I imagin most fights are done at a range of 5+ meters making it very hard to get close enough to use a sword, you's probably get your ass blown off trying to get there...

As for the magical sword... I presume you mean to make it unbreakable, ever sharp ect and able to knock spells out of the way like a light saber... I am sick of this idea it is used so often it isn't funny. We have never seen any wizard use a sword and Voldemort and Dumbledore are ment to be the best wizards in the world one light one dark. If a sword had any advantage in a fight I imagin we would see someone weilding one.

11. DoWnEr

DoWnEr Second Year

The sword was supposed to belong to Gryffindor right? Wouldn't that count as one of the most powerfull wizards ever using a sword? But that was back in his time i geuss now a modern wizard should be using guns but then again i stated that Harry be sent to the Forgotten realms world to meet Entreri where swords, knives, maces ect or common. Now if it was WoW then Harry could get a gun but not in FR, at least a reliable one.

And as in magical it doesn't have to be the common HP fandom type. It should be more like the FR types. Like Entreri's dagger that sucks out the life and soul of its victim with but a thought and replenishes the users life force and heals him, even giving him characteristics of magical beings it kills. His sentient sword that can kill with just a scratch over time or create huge waves of ashe for him block his opppenents vision.

Catte-brie's sentient sword Cutter that can cut through just about ne thing and control weak minded users.

Theres different options to take than just using the fandom weapons HP writers have made.

Swords aren't neccessary, it's not something i like to see or hate to see but for Harry to be raised by Entreri and not learn to be a sword fighting warrior would seem weird. Especially living in the hard streets of Calimport.