1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

INBN's Challenge #2

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by MrINBN, Dec 2, 2006.

1. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Challenge #2

Summary: What if Voldemort was smarter? More cunning? Didn't come up with plots that a baby could foil?

RULES:

Must be Voldemort's POV
    Voldemort must follow all relevant rules at http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

Fairly open-ended, so you can go where you want with it, but be sure to read the linked list before starting the writing. I think it'd make for a very interesting fic.

2. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ummm....so you're just suggesting a fic where Voldemort just takes over, without any diabolical speeches and maniacal laughs?

Ok, wheres the plot? Voldemort kills everyone, ok, w00tage, mostly, thats fine, but without any other characters, theres no fic, unless you're going for an angst ridden fic about how Voldemorts taking over, Oh no, everyones dead, type thing.

3. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

But then, see, that's not Voldemort POV anymore... I think he's trying to say something along the lines of a Tom Riddle fic, after he's made a few Horcruxes and looks evil and less human than ever. So... Voldemort centric fic after he's gained some feasible power, (probably after the time period described in Taure's newest oneshot), showing him going whoopass on some hapless muggles. Meh.

4. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

No, I'm suggesting a fic where Voldemort isn't a complete fucktard. And offers a bit of insight into his personality. A fic that attempts to show Voldemort as more than the token Dark Lord character.

5. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Bleh, IMO, if he wasn't a complete fucktard, the story would end the same night it started. Instead of AK-ing Harry, he would have tossed baby!Harry out the window, or stabbed him or something.

Or at the very least, after the GoF takes HP to the graveyard, Voldemort would have straight up killed Harry, not released him to 'fight like a man' :/

6. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    You know that really pissed me off because last time I checked he was not a Gyffindor nor did he have any sense of honor, He was a Slytherin to the core and he goes and does sometihng like that. Gah.

7. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I don't blame him for the whole "Fight me like a man" thing. He was backed up by like two dozen DE's and is a powerful Wizard. Sure the fact Harry has escaped him numerous times before and beaten him once would make him careful but this is really one of those situations were he couldn't lose. Did Harry even know any spells that could have killed Voldemort? Reducto maybe but I somehow doubt it.

Voldemort needed to show his powers to his followers who probably still had doubts about him after being beaten by a 1 year old.

8. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

This honestly isn't much of a challenge.