1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Belgarion213's Challenge #1

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Belgarion213, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Belgarion213

Belgarion213 Slug Club Member

This idea has been stuing around in my head for ages however I'm in the middle of writing something else so I thought I'd throw it to the winds.

The idea is that through some artificial means, the compuslion to become a Dark Lord is impinted into Harry's head. It does not really matter how it happens, thats up to you, however Harry now desires to be 'The Dark Lord'

The idea is that Who/Whatever happened to embed this compulsion in Harry's head expected that with Harry's 'Cannon Persona' that Harry would basiclly become very close to !Fannon!Voldemort, with out the extreame power/Inteligence. In other words they thought he would be asiclly go around torturing people left right and center, with no long term plan, or ways to safe-guard himself/his reputation etc. (Perhaps if you wanted an Evil Ministry/Dumbledore you could have them do this inorder to publiclly move against Harry without his reputation getting in the way)

This is where the real turn around happens. For whatever reason, Harry's ideal of a Dark Lord is much much diffrent than the above expectation. Perhaps Harry once read the 'Evil Overlord List' or something else, however Harry begins to make himself into a Dark Lord that is intelligent/powerful/subtle whatever.

THe idea was to explore Cannon Harry's transformation into his ideal of a Dark Lord. HOwever thats as far as I really got, so the basic direction would have ot be up to you.

Tell me what you think of the idea itself. If nobody grabs it I might eventually get back to it, and I would appreciate your input

2. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Although the premise is interesting, this just sounds like an original starter for an old storyline, unless the author does a kickass job on plot.

I'll read it.

3. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd read it, but I don't think it would qualify for Best Fanfiction of the Year or anything.

4. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

It could be a good fic if done right, you would have too first have a small prologue were harry first reads some fiction or something similar that contains what he thinks is the ideal dark lord.

The reason the person imprinted the compulsion to become a Dark Lord within Harrys mind could be that they wish to rule the Wizarding World from the shadows and figures that they can use Harry as their puppet or attack dog that they could throw at their enemies.

5. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

That would be a good overall idea for a fic, but I think, the details would be the deciding factor. The HOW matters if the reader is supposed to read about it. Few people have yet achieved to write a truely cunning, ambitious and intelligent Harry that lasts past the third chapter. I think you'd have develop machinations and plots under plots layered and truely difficult to unrevel. That's difficult. But If someone would write it, I'd definetely read it.

Edit: I just remembered the thread with the story idea where DLP members get Harry to be their Lord. That would fit nicely and make some really twisted plots and ideas possible. It's a pity that it never got any further.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  6. Belgarion213

Belgarion213 Slug Club Member

While this is not really what I had in mind, however I found a fic where Harry uses the 'evil overlords list' to take over the world. Really its not that great, but got a chuckle.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3290071/1/
    Harry Potter and the Rise of the Evil Overlord by Pwn Master Paladin