1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Challenge 10 by Lord Apophis

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Lord Apophis, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

I have been thinking about a crossover story between Harry Potter and the Stargate Universe for quite some time and has decided to send out this challenge as I just cant be inspired enough to start writting...

Background:

Set in Season 10 of Stargate SG-1 after Episode 8 in September, 2006

Harry Potter is 26 years old and defeated Voldemort 6 years ago. He is part of an International Task Force of Elite Auror's under the control of the International Confederation of Wizards.

Daniel Jackson finds information in Merlin's cave that lead him to the Wizarding World and he eventually gets in contact with the International Confederation of Wizards.

Daniel Jackson along with a few wizard historians figure out that the wizarding world is the beginning to humans evolving into beings with similar abilities as The Ancients.

Eventually will more and more muggle borns be born until all humans are wizards and witches. They will then eventually lose their need to use wands and start to become more and more like the Ancients over the centuries or millenia.

Auror Commander Harry Potter is sent with a team of 12 Aurors to the SGC to be stationed there and a Ambassador from the International Confederation of Wizards is also sent to the I.O.A

2. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ummm....ok...this provides a pretext for a fic, but nothing else.

3. deathtehfluffybunny

deathtehfluffybunny Fourth Year

Isn't that the point of a challenge?

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A pretext for a fic is what a challenge is - the author of the challenge response is supposed to come up with the details. I think this is a good a way as any to start a HP/SG-1 crossover, especially after the over-abundance of "getting teleported to Loki's ship" stories.

5. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

true but where is the story going to end. this can go many ways but it looks like it doesn't have an end.

6. Amadan

Amadan Second Year

I would assume the ending is left up to the author.
    This challenge sounds good but then again I like almost all stargate/HP
    crossovers as long as it isn't slash.

7. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

As it would be centered around Harry leading a team of Aurors and some muggles thru the gate during the Ori war so could it end with the defeat of the Ori... Or if the Author choose to continue after that after the defeat of the Wraith and/or Asurans...

8. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

And what later? Taking out the Ori, the Wraith, the Asurans, maybe later he should take out the God? It has to have some point. Also, putting Harry and some aurors into SGC garb and command is plain stupid. If you want an originality in your challenge, change a couple of things.
    As we know Merlin was member of the Ancients/Altera. We can assume that he had build his own Stargate in England. And so, 10 000 years later British DoM uncover the Gate and they start their own program. And Harry potter is the one that makes the Gate work (I know - total Gary-Stu and rip-off of Daniel Jackson from the movie).
    In conclusion. We have an through-stargate-walking!Harry Potter with an new twist (I think so). And we can be sure that it won't change into episode guid for some time. Think about the planets. If magic is infinitive, there should be a lot of wizards among the stars. Imagine an entire planet ruled by wizards.

9. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

I did not mean that Harry would personally take out the Ori, Wraith and Asurans. Only that with magic at their side will the SGC gain a bit of an edge over the Ori to even out the Ori's advantage.

The Wraith and Asurans were only tips on possible enemies if the author does not wish to finish the story after the defeat of the Ori...

Also I seem to remember that only one gate can be active at the same time on the same planet, that while you can gate out thru two diffrent gates so will you return thru only one of them so it would be impossible to keep the wizards gate teams a secret from the SGC...

10. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Mistake of interpretation on my account. I am sorry.

Well, yes. It would take a lot of changes in the SG-universe to make it work. The wizards could do, what Russians did in the episode "Watergate" (with switching on and off their DHD). Or maybe (and that is one crazy idea, that just popped into my head) Merlin didn't build an Stargate in England. maybe he build an super-duper-Ancient-teleport-device (something like stargate but with only, one permanent destination). This destination, would be Heliopolis (that cool castle, with universal language library). I know that Heliopolis Stargate sunk into the ocean, but what if that planet also had second Stargate. And because humans are stupid and never tried dialing Heliopolis out again, they don't know it has second Stargate (I mean second time after the end of that episode). And so, the wizards found it, and they are using Heliopolis as their base - safely tucked away from Earth.
    Yes. I know I am rambling and all. But, well. I had to get this idea out of my head.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2006