1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/muggle girl

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by cazten, Dec 10, 2006.

1. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

Hey guys. Can anyone recomend any fics where Harry ships with a muggle girl as the main relationship?

I remember reading a couple fics when i first started fanfiction like 4 years ago, and had a sudden interest to find some more.

2. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

3. deathtehfluffybunny

deathtehfluffybunny Fourth Year

4. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

That story has to be the most dissapointing piece of fanfiction on the planet.

It started out well - nice, gradual independent!Harry, but then you realize that Harry is an emotional train wreck with a nuke on board getting hijacked by Serbian terrorists.

If that isn't bad enough, Kitty is a frustrating teenage girl with serious love issues. Blame the drunk parents, right?

Not only does she just waltz out of the room for the stupidest reasons, but Harry's terrorists get awfully close to making Harry an emo.

And just when you want to smash your monitor and assrape the author with it, her emotional issues resolve, Harry "confronts" her about her 'issues', and they collapse on the bed and make out.

They also draw each other in a little notebook.

AND LO and BEHOLD!

Just when things get remotely interesting (read: not making you shit your pants just to see how it would feel) Tonks and Remus enter the screen.

Poor Tonksie is being steamrolled by life, and Remmy the perfect!guy tries to help. Tonk-Tonk is having trouble making ends meet, and iis desperately falling for the 14 year older Remus.

Cradle Robbing.

And after you've X-ed out, the story finally gets back to Harry and his ghetto girl, Kitty-the-drugdealer.

For awhile, you're lead to think she's a prostitute, leading to reviews after reviews of "OMG Harry, DON'T GET AIDS!"

Thankfully, she's (only) a drugdealer with a nice gun.

They, of course, (Harry and Ghetto!girl) manage to shoot a Deatheater.

Harry gets his ass handed to him by Voldemort, but Ghetto!Girl comes out of absolutely nowhere and shoot Voldemort as well!

After jacking a car, they make it to a hospital, where Tonks and Remus get to come and gloat in victory over two teenagers who got themselves hurt in their stupidity.

Yays for morale.

After Kitty goes scuicidal, Tonksie helps her through, and the every observant unloved girl from the ghetto informs Tonks she likes Remus. (Nooooooo....really?)

Everyone kisses and makes up.....and Harry is in a coma.

At this point, you're wishing for Hermione and Ginny to come and sweep Harry away. And...they try.

Except, Kitty defends her property, smokes a cig, and flips them off.

Way to Go.

Saving Dumbledore's life, and somehow waking Harry, (after 15,000 words of confinement in Hogwarts that is Kitty and Tonks-centric) she gets some new prophecy from the Centaurs and...

What?

Oh, the story has been abandoned.

:::

5. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

That Story has Harry pared with a OC who is a witch, not a muggle.

6. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

Meh.Seems I forgot about that part.Oh well.

7. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

All the Harry/Muggle fics that I have read have been abandoned. And I havent read Behind Blue Eyes. But thanks for the blow by blow, Amerision. Now I know to stay away from it.

8. draco664

draco664 Fourth Year

Betrayed by Kateydidnt has Harry leaving the wizarding world after getting out of Azkaban and marrying a muggle woman.

The story's main focus is his daughter, but he is still an important character.

Draco

9. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

dude! that is like the oldest fic i know. one of my favorites as well. also one of the first of Azkaban fics.

10. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

There is always Abraxan's story, The Refiner's Fire where the first part of the story is Harry/Muggle. But then later on she gets killed by Death Eaters if I recall.... It then finishes off with Harry/Ginny, so that might be a turn off right there.

But he is a pretty good author even if his style isn't really my cup of tea, and I never got around to finishing his sequel to it. It is a novel length fic however....

-Void

11. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

Oh. Yes that exactly what happens. But Abraxan is good enough author. I can tolerate his h/g. The sequel is good but not as good as the first one IMO.

12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Every Harry/Muggle Girl story I've read has gone from kinda interesting, to boring shit. I guess muggles arent interesting enough to keep the story good, especially if its based on romance.

13. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

try snuggle the muggle, on ff.net. she's written some good stuff--though her character, cassie, only stays with harry through the first story and they split up at the end; she ends up with george in the end. good story.

14. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

I do belive that the cause of this, and from what I have read in Harry/Muggle girl fics, is the overused plots and ideas. They all turn out pretty much the same, and it gets boring after seeing it over and over. The authors generally have the female a very Intelligent person, understanding, and help Harry with any flaws that he has.

However in the end, they always have her either being captured, tortured, killed, etc. because of the fact that she can't do magic. And as such, she is unable to protect herself from the "Big Bad Wizards" that are after Harry!

Sure they are able to help him get over the death of people, or able to help him pull in his emotions after he throws a freaken tantrum about killing for the first time. (Which I never understand, as he is pretty much responsible for killing Quirell in the first book)

Muggles can't do magic, and as such Harry has to keep her safe, and not bring her along lest she be in danger and some other such bull.

I mean, from the ones I have seen, the only times they are not abandoned is when the muggles are superior to Wizards, thus his gal friend does more to fight against Voldemort then he does. (And personally, muggles being more superior at everything....big turn off.)

So it is completely understandable as to why they would be abandoned, they run into the same problems the others face, and that is a lack of ideas what to do with her once Harry goes back to school or such.

In the end, it takes exceptionally skilled authors to write pairings with Muggle girls, and amazingly enough, those are the ones that get finished.

I might try it some day when I am better, but I have way to much on my plate for now so meh.

-Void

Excuse grammar/spelling and such, we all know I suck at those...
    [SIZE=+0][/SIZE]

15. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

I would love to see a fic where the "helpless muggle" just pulls out a gun and caps all the death eaters. Cause as void said they are usually there to be the smarts that Harry does not have and then be the wonderful kidnaping material that forces Harry to go into super kill mode which even Voldemort can't stop.

16. Ogryn01

Ogryn01 Squib

Well little while back came across somwhat of interesting AU oneshot were Harry ends up with muggle kind of and intersting read.

Its called Devotion by ariannalupin at FF.net
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3158787/1/

You might enjoy it.

17. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

Hmmm...It's not that good actually. I had read it before but pain loving Harry comes too close to Emo!Harry IMO.

edit : HP/Squib if anyone is interested. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3287821/1/

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006