1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

crossover challange

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Oujou Akaash, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Unique challenge #3

A forgotten realms challenge.

This is after the defeat of Voldermont. Before Harry banished Voldermont to hell or the abyss, not only did Voldermont cursed/gifted him branding him with a special mark on his arms but he also banished Harry to a different realm (Faerûn).

The curse is also a gift with a special mark that gives him immortality. The curse is however is very terrible, Harry has to kill 100 or 1000 or whatever people in one day. The day it self is marked as a special day for that curse alone. Harry sucks in the souls he kills and devours it, using it to get longer life. Otherwise Harry would... (authors choice).

Harry lived and adapted to this world for hundreds of years and survived the harsh yet beautiful world becoming stronger than ever.

Since before Voldermont died, he did a very old and powerful magical ritual that bonded a very powerful demon to him for servitude against the wizarding world. Since Voldermont was banished to hell by Harry, the demon has no choice but to protect the wizard otherwise the demon would die as well Because of that, the hellish demon protects him from other demons. (this can be in Hell or the abyss).

Through that Voldermont did every thing in his power to get the other demons to his growing army through whatever means necessary be it respect or fear. His stay in the demon realm changed him to a far more powerful and immune to old age wizard.

Another twist is that Voldermont come back to the world Harry resides in because of the link they share.

Harry is staying In Silverymoon for awhile unknown to Lady Aulustriel. Voldermont knows this, again because of the link they share and vice versa. The challenge is, how does Voldermont and Harry going to deal with each other in a new and a different type of playing board.

Rules:

Harry

- The mark gives him Immune to age and immortality. The other is the authors options. He "MUST" kill 100 or 1000 people every year or every 100 years.
    - He is cunning, powerful, unpredictable and overall, one of the good guys.
    - He is a very powerful wizard to the point where he is a more powerful than Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun, Lord Mage of Waterdeep. Harry is also a master of hand to hand combat.
    - pairings with Lady Lady Aulustriel or any type of elf the author desires.
    - He doesn't pray to any god.

Voldermont

-A ruthless, cunning, Sadistic, unpredictable and uncontrollable, kind of like Harry. Harry is the only one that can kill him because of the prophecy, which is still in affect.
    - Voldermont slowly brings in his army with a gate he built.
    - Godhood is his true goals.

Khelben - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khelben_"Blackstaff"_Arunsun

Lady Aulustriel - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alustriel_Silverhand

Faerûn - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faerûn

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  2. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

Sounds like a good challenge, although the whole killing a thousand people a year thing is quite a bit..er...unnecessary I should think. I don't feel there are that many fans of Forgotten Realms (it IS Forgotten Realms right?) around here but good luck in finding someone to take this up. And a little bit of friendly advice... if you can look on Wikipedia for information, and take the time to put the little accented "u" on Faerun, then you can take the time to spell VOLDEMORT and ALUSTRIEL correctly.

3. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    A couple problems. This would be Harry VS Voldemort, no one else would matter because they are insignificant power wise, that's a no no.

Killing a certain amount of people a year is kinds stupid too because he would have authorities after him and he would have to kill them too, which would get old.

I like the demon bonding idea though. A good idea with a few small holes that could be patched up. Nice job.

4. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

The problem I have is that why would Voldemort gift Harry with immortality and if Harry is one of the good guys why would he accept that he would have to kill 100 or 1000 people every year to remain alive, if he was one of the god guys would he allow himself to die then to kill to remain alive...

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Who says he can die? it could be that he'd go into a bloodlust that lasts an entire week, which mean's he could kill alot of people in that time, far more then 100. :p

6. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

The thing is, Harry is changed for the worse during the war but still wants to live. The reasons can be anything.

The gift is more like a terrible curse then a gift. Surarrin has a good point. In Faerûn, there are unlimited monsters that he can feed from. Loosing to his blood lust, he can go on a killing spree on everyone, good guys or not. Thats...not a good thing. Its all primal fury. So Harry hates him even more.

It can be Dragon lance or Eberron or whatever the author wants it to be. It can even be completly made up.

No! It doesn't have to be. Other influential characters such as Elminster can come to play. It all depends on the author.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  7. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

But that still has the problem of making Mood, Shacklebolt, Tonk, Bellatrix, Lucius, Snape etc. All powerless to do anything and it would probably end up like every Super!Harry fic where everything happens in this order:

1) Voldemort attacks Diagon Alley while Harry and the Weasleys are shopping, by now Harry already awesome powers and he kills 30 of them but Voldemort does not show up. Assorted Canon characters think he's going dark.

2) Voldemort attacks Hogsmaede but doesn't actually show up himself again. Several un-named characters, 3 named but no part characters, a dozen first years and 7 townfolk will die. Harry kills 50 Death Eaters this time and everyone but Ginny thinks he's going dark. She defends him because she knows what it's like to be against Voldemort because the Chamber of Secrets. The Order and the Aurors show up just as Harry has driven the Death Eaters away but not before Hogsmaede get mostly destroyed. Harry get the Order of Merlin

3) Voldemort Makes raids on all of Harry's friends families (This can happen at any time before the final battle) Dean's, Seamus's, the Patil's, Luna's, Terry Boot's, Micheal Corner's and several other DA members will lose everyone while Cho Chang will lose 1 uncle and a Cousin, Hermione's parents will get out safe and Ron's family will either be fine or Charlie will die. The Twins were at their shop when it got attacked but managed to fight off over 40 Death Eaters with their amazing Fizzing Whizbee's and feed them all Puking Pastelle so that they can't cast spells. Ginny will be angry with Harry over Charlie's death and Harry will proceed to lick her ass for exactly 3 days, 7 hours, 43 minutes and 12 seconds.

4) Final Battle: Voldemort attacks Hogwarts. The Death Eaters walk through the wards and line up at the Forbidden forest. Harry see's 6 giants and 2 dragons in the distance but his Phoenix will take care of those.

Harry's student army coupled with the Teachers and whoever else Harry (Dumbledore already got kicked from his position for being mean to Harry) was able to get. Voldemort is nowhere to be seen. The 2 armies attack with Harry's side losing at first (no one with a name is allowed to die) but then Grawp runs out and starts stomping on Death Eaters. He then proceeds to engage 3 giants in MORTAL KOMBAT but he has been taught Ninjitsu by Hagrid. The Light side starts to fight back with Harry carving through innumerable Death Eaters with the sword of Gryffindor and Ginny taking down at least as many with her overcharged Bat Bogey.

Finally Voldemort shows up and stands in the middle of the grounds. All the fighting stops as Harry and Voldemort circle each other like a fat kid would cake. Voldemort starts off with an Avada Kevadra which of course misses but hits no one. The fight starts with Voldemort ONLY casting Avada Kevadra and Crucio. "HARRY, HARRY, I'M PREGNANT!" Harry hears Ginny's sweet voice in the distance and unsheathes the mighty SWORD OF GRYFFINDOR WITH +1 LOVE. He easily parries all of Voldemorts attacks and closes in for the kill but no! Voldemort takes out his SWORD OF SLYTHERIN WITH +3 EVIL. Little did Harry know that Voldemort was a master swordsman as well. Harry finally gets past Voldemort's guard and plunges the sword into his abdomen. Before Voldemort dies, Harry lets him feel the love He and Ginny share and it turns him LIGHT just before he dies. His since repented by someone else's love he goes peacefully to heaven.

...Kinda went overboard there.

8. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

what are you talking about?! This is a crossover. Those characters don't have anything to do with anything of what i'm asking. And who said it was a super powerd fic.

Again, the wizarding world isn't involved. This happens after the war when Harry banished Voldermort to hell. If the author wants to, the entire Weasley clan can die for all i care.

Have you even fully read my challenge thoroughly. If you read any of the forgotten realms books then you would understand. No one is invincible, not even the grater demons and especially not Harry.

He is in no way a superpowered. He works hard to get where he is now. Killing that much of people in one day is as hard as fighting Voldermort in the final battle. He isn't some super wannabe god and this challenge fic is definitely not like the repetitive fics you were thinking about.

9. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

Ahh, Banished to Faerun, I must have missed that >_< But I assure you I read the entire challenge. But having read forgotten realms I'm going to have to say that most characters there couldn't touch Harry unless he's going to be fighting Demons the entire time.

10. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

There are many characters that can beat Harry in Forgotten Realms but i do agree, Harry is pretty strong, but that was how it was indented it to be.

11. Mordac

Mordac Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Why wouldn't he worship any god? Wouldn't it be useful as a safety measure, so that in case someone manages to kill him, he doesn't have to be chained to a wall for eternity?