1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Vtigo's Challenge #1

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Vtigo, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Vtigo

Vtigo Second Year

Harry Potter Young Wizards Crossover (Book Link:http://www.youngwizards.com/)

Rules:
    *Harry must live on the same street as Nita
    *Harry must be beatn up by Joanne too
    *Harry must meet and talk to Nita for the first time when she finds the book "so you want to be a wizard"
    *Harry must react some how to the book Nita is looking at, so they use it together to get back at Joanne

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  2. THE Gödel

THE Gödel First Year

This doesn't sem like a challenge at all, you only want Harry paired with a Slytherin girl. By the way, how is a real Slytherin an OC, or are you assuming the slut/know it all are Slytherins?.

Sorry but I don't get it, you want the same events in the book but with a Slytherin girl to change Harry's perpective. Seems rather lame but well...

3. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Its been done before many times before. Can't remember the fic but, it was between Zabini and Harry. A very good story. Too bad the author left it.

4. Vtigo

Vtigo Second Year

Your right I am editing my challenge right now, I wasent making any sense when I wrote it out.

5. Vtigo

Vtigo Second Year

Ok, you guys were right. I edited it and made a real challenge.

6. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Still not a real challenge. Doesn't describe anything, doesn't tell the point.l Give the people more of a plot, and have them run with it.

7. invisdible

invisdible Second Year

Elaborate! Explain! Tell us something about Young Wizards! Get our attention!

'Cause really, if you don't tell us anything at all, no one will be arsed to look up Young Wizards- ergo, nobody will take up the challenge, as it were.

P.S. FF.net uses "M" instead of "R" for ratings

8. BartucTheBloody

BartucTheBloody Third Year

The crossover with Young Wizards probably wouldn't work very well. In Young Wizards, a person's strength in magic gets weaker as they get older. In Harry Potter it is almost the opposite - young people don't have a great strength in magic. Also, how would you explain Voldemort and Dumbledore being so powerful?

9. Vtigo

Vtigo Second Year

To be honest I was thinking half young wizards world half Harry Potter. I was thinking keep the magic the same as young wizards but with the twist of Harry Potter. Let it be another branch or some thing along those lines. I know it would be hard to do but I think it could make a very good fic if you found some way to mix the two.

10. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Where the hell is the challange?! Ok, so they meet, Harry gets beaten up and finds a book. Wow. Give us a twist where it never happened before. Something that might not ever happen but can and could happen.

11. BartucTheBloody

BartucTheBloody Third Year

I still don't see how you would be able to do a Harry Potter story using the magic system of Young Wizards. Voldemort and Dumbledore, two of the most powerful wizards would be weak. Also, what is the point of Hogwarts if they just learn from their manual? This does not seem like it would work very well at all.

Edit: Doesn't Nita live in the United States? It would be slightly difficult for Harry to see her if he lives in England.

12. Vtigo

Vtigo Second Year

Yes but there have been lot's of HP stories that have Harry in the USA instead of the UK. What if when Nita uses the book instead of going to the alt manhat she is transported to Harry Potters world instead?