1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Swim's WTF? Challenge #2

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Swimdraconian, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Needful Things/Harry Potter crossover

Castle Rock wasn't the only place Leeland Gaunt stopped in for a visit...

I sat down last night and read Stephen King's Needful Things from cover to cover. Two words, freaky shit. The story is fucked up in so many wonderful ways that I couldn't help but wonder if it would be possible to cross it over.

I don't have any major must haves, just keep Gaunt in character and don't change the store to much (ie, the effects the stuff has on people). It would be interesting for Harry to try to purchase something that could bring his parents back or something along the lines of that. Hey, take a line out of Vashy's book and have him try to bring back his mother for nefarious purposes.

Note: If you haven't read the book, read it. It's good stuff.

2. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

I have read needful things and i really dont see how a crossover could be done. If it was done it would have to be done by a brilliant author otherwise it would be shit, it might even be crap with a good author. Would be very wary of this.

3. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Ah, but that's why it's a challenge. A new store on Diagon Alley would be a good start off point. I would write it myself, but I barely have the time update my ongoing fics.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  4. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

I do agree it would be a challenge i just dont see how it would work. Maybe i am just the worng person to write this story and to be honest if i found someone who had a go at this challenge i would read it however i personally cant see a way around many problems with the merge