1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Void Sorcerer's 3rd Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Void Sorcerer, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

During the final battle, Harry was infected by an unknown poison. With his last breath, Voldemort was able to explain of Harry's impending doom and received one last laugh at the look of horror that appears on Harry's face.

Harry has spent the last 7 years traveling the world, studying and exploring in an attempt to discover what type of Poison was used, and to hopefully find a cure. The poison while not only killing him has an even worse consequence; slowly yet surely he is loosing his magic, and while being able to live with the idea of someday dying of an unknown poison. The thought of loosing his Magic is by far more terrifying. The chances of him surviving with the use of his magic are slim, but they are far greater than any he has without it.

His time and effort have gone in vein however, as no matter where he looked, he was unable to discover the cause of his impending doom. Uncovering even the darkest and most despicable tomes known to man has still left him with nothing, leaving him to believe that Lord Voldemort was indeed the greatest Dark Lord the world has ever know. And that the poison had no doubt come from his own cursed familiar, Nagini.

His studies and training in the ancient magics of Parseltongue, while being revealing had never answered the one question he had when it came to her. “What is she?” He had learned every poison they created, memorized every one of their species by name, and could simply glance at a snake to know its power and uses. But she was the one that he could not find, not even when he took the things retched life did he ever gain the knowledge of what she was. It was the greatest answer that he sought after, and the one that he swore to himself he would answer before all others. Call it a hunch, but he was sure the answer to his salvation would lie with her.

However, with his hope and magic slowly fading, he has now returned to the place where it all began, and the place where it all would end. He had exhausted every other source, contacted all of those who he could with the skills and the knowledge to aid him, and still nothing. With time slowly running out he had come, with one faint hope, one perhaps you might call a ‘Dream’ that he could be saved.

“Perhaps I have missed something; perhaps the answer that I seek still remains, buried deep and hidden well, but still there!”

Rules:

• Harry has 3 years left before his magic is gone, and he will be nothing more then a squib.
    • Harry is an exceptionally powerful wizard, while he is loosing his magic fast, he is still slightly stronger then the average wizard. However this is changing quickly and he has great difficulty doing what he used too.
    • Harry must keep the fact that he is dying/loosing his magic from any remaining friends that he meets on his return trip home. While he may ask for their help, the reason for it must be kept secret.
    • The fact that Harry is keeping secrets causes his friends/family to be suspicious, they will try to pry/sneak any information out of Harry they can. And while not receiving the answer directly from Harry himself, they will have to eventually find out.
    • Harry has been gathering any knowledge whatsoever he could use the last 7 years in the hope that he would be able to find the answers that he seeks. As such he is quite knowledgeable in most things; however he does not know it all, and is quite capable of making mistakes.
    • Harry is ‘Driven’ the only thing that is on his mind, is how to accomplish his goal. As such he is always in an eternal battle with himself on how he reacts to things around him. The struggle to do the right thing grows harder and harder as each day passes as his desperation increases daily. He must grow darker as time passes.
    • He uses both Light and Dark magic. (See rule above to see why)
    • The ministry is not his ‘bitch’, and while thanking him will not do whatever the hell he tells them too. While they may do a ‘few’ favors for him, they will not let him get away with anything.
    • Harry is not as wealthy as he once was, on his travels he has used much of what he had to gain the things he required. While still having some money left, he does not own all of Gringotts.
    • Voldemort and Dumbledore are dead. However, it would be interesting to see you put in another Dark Lord (Dark Lady) in to spice it up a bit. Give Harry some opposition when trying to gather all the information of the Dark Lord Voldemort. As perhaps they seek it to increase their own power and influence.

I do think I have gotten everything, however if I think of more, or you do. Don't hesitate to state so.

2. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    I want to write it, very much so.

3. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

I would be a very happy man if you were to take it up Darius.

4. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I'd love to, but I'm not good enough. Maybe someday I will be, but at the moment I can't.

I'd definitely read it though, the only problem is the amount of OCs you'd need.

5. Belgarion213

Belgarion213 Slug Club Member

While really a question for the END of the fic, assuming Harry does indeed solve this dark riddle... If Harry cures himself will he gain his power back again? Maybe not at once, but will he build up his magical power to its former peak?