1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Void Sorcerer's Challenge #4

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Void Sorcerer, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

It has been four years since the defeat of Voldemort. The war had been bloody, and the loses extreme, more had been lost then could ever be recovered. But with the death of the Dark Lord there was hope, hope that was soon squashed by those in power.

Harry had spent the years upcoming Voldemort’s defeat training not only himself, but those around him to become the very best that they could be. It was something that he was both thankful for and regretted with all his heart. The battles had been fierce, the skirmishes gruesome, but slowly the ‘light’ had started to pull ahead. Winning one conflict after another, until finally they had been able to force the Dark Lord and what was left of his troops back to his stronghold itself!

But it would seem that this was the biggest mistake that Harry had ever made, and probably the biggest mistake that he could have. He had trusted those around him, and for that he paid…he paid dearly.

The Death Eaters were outnumbered and outclassed; even the most elite of Voldemort’s troops had trouble holding against the onslaught. And with both superior numbers and with far greater firepower, they were soon rounded up. Harry was not sure why the Dark Lord did not reveal himself, but in a way it was unfortunate that he did not. Perhaps his presence on the battlefield would have given the Death Eaters enough of an edge, that while still being defeated in the end, would have decimated the enemy army.

As Harry himself prepared to lead the rest of the Aurors and the troops into the final confrontation with the Dark Lord, he was met with the biggest shock he had ever received. Betrayal in the midst of the very people who he was fighting to protect. It had taken them perhaps two minutes to subdue or kill the rest of the order, as their backs where turned; only the lucky few had the opportunity to fight back. Harry was one of the select few to remain up, but against odds such as those was forced to surrender.

Harry watched bound as the Aurors stunned and bound the rest of his troops, furry blazing in his eyes. “This is the reason that Voldemort didn’t rear his snake-like face.” But he received another startle as this was not the case. He watched as the troops charged head-long into the castle itself, amazed at the level of skill these men showed at taking out the remaining Death Eaters within the keep; All the while being dragged along by two Aurors in the back.

He watched as they stormed into the thrown room, and removed the Dark Lord from his place on high. They suffered greatly to the Dark Lord’s powerful spells and skills, but Voldemort soon learned the same thing Harry did. ‘Against such odds, defeat is inevitable’

Harry’s purpose soon became clear as they dragged the almost lifeless corpse of the Dark Lord to Harry’s feet. They too knew of the Prophecy and were taking no chances when it came to killing this monster; they forced Harry to murder him for their gain.

For Harry and the remaining men and woman left in the order, the next days past in a blur. For their ‘aid’ against the Dark Lord, they had been spared, and as such were only banished from Britain, under threat that if they ever did return, they would be killed on site.

Britain did not just stop with the end of its own civil war however; the new power that their troops seem to possess is chilling. And after only a short amount of recovery time they made move to launch their invasion.

Rules:
    · Britain is taking over, slowly yet surely.
    · Their troops are using unknown magics and powers, and as such are able to out force the other Nations. None-the-less, while they are powerful, they are not immune to other magic, and thus will still take casualties. Hence why the take over is slow, they do have a limited amount of troops to use. But as they take over other Nations and train their men, they become stronger. (Could figure that out could ya?)
    · The other Nations are not going to rally against Britain straight away.
    · Harry while powerful is not God. He got beat, this shows that.
    · Harry has lost all the money that he possessed at Gringotts, he is not wealthy.
    · Harry and the rest of the Order are outlaws from Britain. The other Nations are not going to take them in straight away.
    · Harry is determined to fix the problem that he feels responsible for. As such, he will use any means necessary to defeat them, light or dark magic.
    · Voldemort/Dumbledore is dead.

I think that is all, I will post more if I think of anything.

2. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

First I think this is an excellent idea, with great potential. Definitely interests me enough to want to read it - Now.

I have several issues though:
    1. Voldemort's defeat. In my mind he is the sort of wizard that is so powerful that numbers would not be enough to take him down. I can see something along the lines of using newly developed magic that traps him or weakens him but defeat by sheer numbers does not seem plausible, for if that was the case why had it not been done before. I expect that it was tried and failed.
    2. Aurors vs Death Eaters. Though I believe that skill of aurors in canon and fanon is usually unimpressive, I think it would be more interesting that they were able to 'match' the deatheaters in skill. The inner circle at least should not be outclassed like you lay out. That would mean a great number of very powerful wizards and witches in the Auror ranks that have not that much precedence, except Mad-Eye Moody. Again you could bring in the idea of new magic being involved that gives them aurors the edge. But if you stay with your idea then I would really want to know exactly who these aurors are, just a blank category is not enough. I want to see who is powerful like Bellatrix Lestrange or Malfoy in the Aurors.

Other than that I think there should be some internal conflict if and when other Nations try to recruit the exiled Order to fight their own country. Will they make a distinction between their country and government or will they essentially be traitors.

3. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

On the topic of Aurors, in fanon they are grossly underpowered. In canon we hear they are the elite force of the wizarding world, they recruit the best of the best and train for 3 years. Yet they are supposed to be easily beaten by some lazy pureblood who doesn't have any special training? (People like Lestrange aside, who have been instructed by Voldemort himself, but only very very few could say that.)

If the Aurors had been as bad as they often have been portrayed in fanon, Voldemort would have taken over in stride.

4. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

As World says, the aurors have got to have some level of skill, other wise Voldemort would have had just a walk in the park. Now this is not the only point I have given, in the challenge I also state that the Aurors/Ministry has found something to pump its troops up. And while I have not said what this is, (as it wouldn't be much of a challenge if I just gave you everything) let us assume that it is something powerful.

We should have all read fics where Harry is able to be taken down by large amounts of Death Eaters. (And if you haven't get your selves away from "Super!Harry" and read something 'fanfic realistic') If Harry is able to be taken down, and he is supposedly Voldemort's Equal, why is it not possible that Voldemort is not also able to be defeated.

Let us take for example the Battle at the Ministry between Voldemort and Dumbledore; the minute the Aurors arrive Voldemort runs. Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe he would not have run away if the Aurors were as pathetic as most fanfics make them out to be. He could easily have continued to fight Dumbledore; all the while sending AK's and Destruction curses into the midst’s of the Aurors if this was the case.

Voldemort is not stupid, and even he can tell when he is going to get beaten, come he is a Dark Lord, he has to have some brain power. And lets face it, 50 bangers on 1, your gonna get raped.

-Void

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007