1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Neopyro's Challenge #2

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by neopyro, Mar 8, 2007.

1. neopyro

neopyro Third Year

Subject: Harry becomes a vampire without SLASH or H/G!

Challenge: There are plenty of stories where Harry becomes a vampire. However, many of them are H/G. A good bit of the remainder are SLASH. A lot of these are poorly written or were typed before the invention of spell check. There are a few that are very well written. I just want more of them.

Summary: Harry becomes a vampire and his entire life changes. His friends might turn on him and force him to turn dark. It might happen before Hogwarts and Harry might never become a Gryffindor. Dumbledore might have to hunt Harry down and bring him to Hogwarts. You might decide that Vampires can't cast magic and Harry has to drop out of school. Whatever you do, try to spice things up.

Rules:
    *Harry becomes a vampire.
    *If Harry goes dark, he brings one of his friends with him (Luna or Tonks are good choices)
    *Even if Harry is dark, he will not want to ally himself with the man who has hunted him since birth. He might choose to join the ranks of the Dark Lord but only as a temporary process. Harry would be biding his time until he could safely "replace" him.
    *Harry will be confronted with blatant rascism that he never knew existed in people he once trusted.
    *There must not be any H/G or SLASH.

2. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

Okay, so Harry becomes a Vampire then goes dark. So now instead of Puss!Harry we have Dark!Vampire!Harry.

I do however have one question, just a little one that seemed to jump to the front of me mind while I was reading this. And it is!!!!!

*Drum roll*

What's the point?

Vague? Okay, what is the point? So we now have Harry going dark (or not if you so choose) and now a Vampire. Dumbledore and Co. are after him, (Again or not if you choose) and so he has to run away. (Wow doesn't this sound like a regular Vamp!Harry story, but I am getting off subject)

In his state of Madness, Harry finds himself at the Lovegood's or at Tonks' house of residence. In his delirious state, he finds himself compelled to drag one of them down into the infernal depths of hell with him! Subconsciously using his new powers I am sure to seduce them into doing great oral sex followed by a fantastic lay. He then convinces them that they (or just one) cannot survive without his excellent tongue, and that they must go with him on his journey to....well no where.

Feeling all sorts of lonely and betrayal. (And ignoring the pleas of his new sex toy(s)) he gladly accepts Voldemort's offer for SUPREME POWAH!!! Using some cock-and-bull bs 'bout having switched sides, he uses his powers to further his status within the Dark Lord's rankings, and ends up betraying him. Either defeating him, or ending up defeated yet able to get away, he returns to the only side he can, DUMBLEDORES! And thus we complete the ever so common Harry go Dark and go light again cycle.

We add the Vampires in too....? What spice things up a notch? Cause of course they wouldn't be overpowered. I mean, who would ever do something like that?

3. neopyro

neopyro Third Year

Can I ask what your problem is? I don't go into every one of your challenges and say "this challenge sucks and here's why." Did I do something wrong or did you just have a bad day and decide to take it out on me? Again, the purpose of tha challenge was for me to find fics that I want to read. If you are interested in writing a fic about the subject I outlined, thenn write one. If not, don't. Vote with your feet and leave. Don't linger around and mock me because we don't share the same ideas.

4. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

The point Void's trying to make is that what you're doing is going absolutely nowhere. You want to put up a challenge? Fine. Put up one with purpose, firm explanation, and pull the cliches.

In Conclusion: Don't be an ass when people point out the holes in your shit.

5. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Hey Void, are you the official 'vampire challenge/idea' sounding board person now? Isn't this like the second challenge you've burned this week? :)

Just playing, all I want to know is when your fic is coming out. We had a pretty long thread about the types of vampires for that.

neopyro~ Its nothing personal. Just relax, look at the forum a bit. A lot of people here have high expectations, thats why this is different from other forums. Vampire! Harry is cool...but then what? I think most of us agree that he could be interesting as a dark creature but we want to know a bit about the plot.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  6. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

I forgot who said it, but there's a difference between a plot and a plot point. Harry becoming a vampire is a plot point, not a plot. This challenge basically goes nowhere. I admire it because an author can do whatever he or she wants with it, but that's about it.

7. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

More then likely.

I do believe that the entire point of the 'challenge section' is to give out ideas you have, to someone else for them to write so you do have another great story to read. (OH God, could this have been what you said?)

Oh, why not make this personal? Tell ya what; I will come to therapy session with you on Thursday is that alright? And then you can help me out of my whinny little phase. I might even cry...

Yes, this is what the session on Thursday will all be 'bout!

Forgive me for saying this, as it might seem a little biased as I am the writer of my own challenges. But they do not suck. In fact, I have been told quite a few times that my challenges are awesome, hell I even got Darius to take one up. (He is doing a great job btw)

However, if you can find a flaw in one of my challenge ideas. (That is a challenge flaw, and not one the author might have to work around cause it seems pointless) Then I plead with you, point it out too me. I am not egotistical enough to just believe my ideas are sound proof, blessings from the lord God. And I will gladly go over and fix plot holes and errors that people point out too me.

Indeed, you did do something wrong, you made an idiotic challenge. And I, being the nice kind/loving/adoring soul that I am, decided to point it out too you. I don't believe I saw one unique idea in either of the two challenges you posted, and I am positive that if I took a gander over to FF.Net right now. (Click it, oh yes, gaze at them all!) I could find at least 3 dozen of the stories you are suggesting we have someone write. (Probably more)

No, I am not taking my anger out on you, to my knowledge I was in a good mood the day I responded to your challenges. And perhaps if you would have taken the time to gander at the threads before posting one of your own, you would see that I have shot more then a few challenges into the dust. Not because I am biased about some guy over the internet I have never met, but either because the idea is stupid, or the idea sucked.

I pointed out the flaws to the author, I always do. (Or at least attempt too) and I figured that is exactly what I was doing with you; however my points must not have gotten across. (Not too you anyways, the others seemed to get them) All I am trying to do is fill our 'challenge thread' with good valuable story ideas that someone would want to take up. And if shooting down the masses and leaving just the select few is what it takes to do so, well damn well that is what I am going to do!

You seemed to come to the assumption that we here at Dark Lord Potter are just like any other FanGirl website, and are going to shower you with love at such a brilliant idea even though it sucks. We have a reputation at DLP for being and accepting the best, and I intend to keep it that way for as long as I can. And again, if this means ripping an author/story or two, it's more then worth it.

Man you are so good at stating the point of this challenge thread! Did you read a description or something?

GAHHHHH! That's what I forgot on Monday, my toe writing lessons! We were even going to be workin on our "W's" I just can't seem to hold the pencil just right between my toes to get that curve. Damn it!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  8. neopyro

neopyro Third Year

Actually, I apologize. I was probably tired and needed a nap. I didn't realize how selective this site is and that in a sense you were doing us all a public service by weeding out some of the worse challenge ideas. Looking at both of my "challenges" in hindsight, I can see the holes in them. I lost my temper. I posted a pair of stupid ideas and you were in the right when you ripped them apart.

I suppose I'm the one who needs that therapy session. Is there a clinic I can go to that helps cure the desire to write cliche'd fanfics?

Apologies again,
    Neopyro