1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Roborant's Challenge #1

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Roborant, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Roborant

Roborant Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Okay people here it goes,

Think back a thousand years to when Hogwarts was first being built. Imagine that when Salazar Slytherin was starting construction on the Chamber, he uncovered darkness un-imagined.

This unknown species mutated with him changing his whole perspective of life. This Horror was known as Venom!

When Salazar fled or was slain, this thing fled to the only place it felt safe, to the place it was discovered. The Chamber Of Secrets.

This species helped Tom Riddle on his way to Greatness.

Enter Harry Potter still young and naive, at the end of his second magical school year. His views are so black and white, so easy to change.

Enter Venom.

Rules

No specific rules at all, just have fun with it.

2. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

Okay dude, that wasn't a challenge at all. There wasn't anything in their to even closely get to challenge ground. All you did was give us part of a plot idea, but the only problem is we need more for a challenge then just 'part' of a plot idea.

Okay so Salazar discovered the species 'Venom'? What the hell is this species last I heard Venom was poison, not some living creature?

For you sanity, we shall say it is a species, well that is great, but what is it? Snake? Rat? Fungus? You haven't given anyone anything to work with, but may haps half of an idea.

So when Salazar died or what ever, the thing ran away with it's tail tucked away. (Which leads to the question, is it the only one of it's kind? I am getting mixed signals from the way you wrote it.)

Then enters Harry in his 2nd year, so he goes bravely down into the chamber and yada yada. So he is going to meet this 'Venom' creature down there, and I assume be able to talk to it some how. He is going to learn all sorts of wicked evil powers from it, while it changes his views of the world.

Okay this I can live this, if we knew what the creature was, how it is going to communicate, how did it survive?

Sorry dude, but we need more, a lot more detail and better explanation. It is a good idea from what you've got, but we need more so we can get a greater grasp of what you want done.

-Void

3. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Hey Void, I think he's talking about Venom from Spiderman. A homicidal symbiotic creature that becomes Peter Parker's spidey suit and makes him faster, stronger, and darker. He'll feature in Spiderman 3.

That is the only Venom with a capital 'V' I know of in popular media.

4. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

Nuhuh! I love you so much! I had never even made that connection. And Venom is my favorite character in Spider Man. Now off the luvy duvy note.

If that is the idea....NO! Such blasphemy shall never walk to Earth I say.

5. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Unless it was really well written, I can't see this working out.

I've seen weirder crossovers, but these two genres (and I'm assuming you are talking about Venom from Spiderman) have very little in common and probably won't mesh very well.

6. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

The only crossover part that I saw was introducing Venom the the HP world. It probably won't include Spidy at all.

But that really just makes it exactly like every other "Harry finds help in the Chamber of Secrets" stories out there. Still, might not suck if the right person did it.