1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Characters you love to hate! (besides Ginny)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord North, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Lord North

Lord North Second Year

I personally hate Ron, Hermoine, and Neville

Ron because he is a backstabbing, poor, ugly, idiot! and he would backstab harry if you give him enough money

Hermoine because she is too smart and listens to authority figures over her owwn friends

Neville because he will neevr get powerful. I hate all those stories where Neville gets powerful and confident cause it wont happen he just is not goin to do it hes practically a squib

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I hate canon Harry. He's powerless, rash, stupid, unmotivated by anything but fucking quiditch, never has an oppinion on his own (just rewind any Ron/Hermione fight and try to figure out what is Harry's oppinion on the matter) and not to mention, fucking goody two shoes who always has to act like an saint. And whether you realise it or not, you hate him too.

How many fics are out there where Harry stays in character? I'll tell you - none. He's either a little more powerful, independant, smart, dark, good looking, outgoing, romantic, gay, depressed, emotional... whatever, people HAVE to color him some way. You can see every other character portrayed in-character but Harry. Harry is always OOC to the empty shell of a person he is in canon.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Oh come on, the only time Ron ever acts jealous is when Harry enters the TriWizard Tournament. And the rest of your reasons are all fanon, they have no basis (well, except for the poor part, but you can't blame him for that).

And true, Hermione looks way too much up to authority.

Uh, so you hate Neville because he's not powerful?

Hm, my most hated character amongst Harry's "enemies" are probably Snape and Malfoy. Among his friends, probably Hermione because of the way she acted in books five and six. Especially the way she acted in book six.

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I actually like Neville. I'll probably use him as Harry's soldier in my story (but he won't be super-powerful - just above average).

There is definitely something wrong with him being such a wuss in books 1 to 4. I mean, both his parrents were great aurors and he has power (shown in DA) and inteligence (shown in Herbology). It could be anything holding him back, from his overbearing and too demanding granma, over power block that only Frank & Alice knew about, to failed memory charm or emotional trauma.

5. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god (A
    Yeck, canon Harry is just plain sad and I, frankly like Hermione best of all the female characters in the book. This is actually the reason that people write so much slash, there are no good characters at all that are female, period.

Damn you non-feminist JK!

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

No, I hate Hermione coz she's goody-good rule-abiding bitch, not to mention pampered only-child and ugly to boot. With her as a lead character, you'd have her checking 17 crossreferences with rule and law books before she did anything remotely interesting.

Luna could be an interesting lead character. Some Slytherin chick too.

7. SoulesS

SoulesS First Year

Ron because mmmh.. is Ron (never liked him and the 4th book reforced it)

Dumbledore since 5th book so when he died I was cheering for Snape. xD

All the Weasley except the twins (you can't hate them) and Charlie and Bill (no much information)

8. SoulesS

SoulesS First Year

Until book 5 I really didn't mind Hermione but book 6 just destroyed her for me.

9. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I hate Ron. Ron is such a horrible character, and causes my next most hated character, canon Harry. Ron prevents Harry from becoming anything more than a under-achieving moron in canon.

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Too true. I'm using that theory in my story. If Harry had hooked up only with Hermione, or even better, some Slytherins, he would have had much greater chance against Voldemort.

The world would be much better off with someone teaching Weasleys about the wonders of contraception...

11. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

We might have had some hope in Tonks or the girls in the order, but Tonks was weak to let a crush get in the way of 'protecting innocents'

I never liked Ron, he was always the stupid one that carried the plot points.

12. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Blimey, you don't like Ron? Now, that's just wicked! :)

13. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

how...drole

14. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i don't like ron because he bases the start of the friendship off " do you gave the scar?"

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Malfoy is a huge one. Draco, that is. He's a sniveling, spoiled and weak little piece of garbage. His purpose for existing seems to be Harry's bitch in every way imaginable, so much so that I was quite hostile to Rowling trying to give him some legitimacy in Half-Baked Plot.

I hate Snape also. He's a sad and pathetic little man who gets his jollies by tormenting children. Him killing Dumbledore made me ill.

The last one I hate is probably one that I won't get much agreement on, Cedric Diggory. Anybody who knows my preferences can guess why. His presence and subsequent demise pretty much ruined any chance for the Harry/Cho pairing. I wanted to see him boiled alive all through the fourth book, especially during the Yule Ball. So yeah, petty, but I despise Cedric.

16. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

At least you hate the character with good reason. Some people have probably never read the books and make up shit about a character with no reason other than to advance their plot, no ryhm nor reason to it.

17. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Yet in some of the slash stories i've takin a look at it's Harry thats getting the fukin like the pathetic fag he is in those stories.

Down with canon Harry, he's strong but doesn't use it, relies to much on the Mudblood and the Muggle loving fool Dumbles to solve his problems!
    Hate Ron because well like SoulesS said...he's Ron! Down with the Mudblood! she's not pure, self concieted, holds authority above all else, and a whiny little know-it-all who cares not for what anyone she deems lower then her has to say!

18. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I can't stand Ron.

When you look at the big picture why IS Ron friends with Harry?

-His mom coincidentally forgets what's up at the most odd times.

-He starts off asking if he has the scar, if he's really Harry Potter

-It's not just an ass about Harry being in the Triwizard, he flips over Hermione being with Krum, he's blatantly obviously in love with Harry do to his Quidditch skills, the guy's obsessed with it.

-Just his general way he's written seems like some of the guys I've know growing up, they were only your friends as long as you had money and they got to do cool stuff with you. Clinger on's. Piss them off and you always hear them bitch about being in your shadow, yet that's where they're content to be, riding your coattails like a pathetic little twit.

There's plenty more small things that add up to me hating the lil shit, but tbh it's 2am here, I've been up 60 something hours, so I'll bow out and let the rest of you finish the list. The guy just screams Peter Pettigrew version 2.0.

The rest of canon I can't stomache for the most part, she built a good universe with the first 3 books, yet pretty much the whole time, character advancement is nonexistant. Sure Harry gets strong and shows initiative to learn something finally in book3, but as soon as he gets into a tourney he cannot get out of, with his life on the line, he'd rather screw of then train. Bright kid, or should I say lack of creativity there JKR. If I was making millions hand over fist, you better damn well believe I'd be churning out stuff left and right, even employing ghostwriters if I lost the talent.

19. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

To be perfectly honest? I hate just about every character in cannon.

Except, perhaps, Flitwick or some of the other professors, but JK never gave us much info on those characters...

In fandom? The only character my dislike has never wavered on was Draco Malfoy. I abhor that little bastard. I can't find hate with in me for anyone else, I've read stories where I liked just about every other character.

20. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Cononilogically? I dont HATE any character except Snape, Ron and Malfoy... twits the lot of them... the reason i dont? .. simple... we dont know enough about the fuckers to... JKR has, indeed, created a beautiful world... problem is that thats where she stopped... she just took blank characters and gave them names...

Now as far as fanon goes.. Ginny .. for obvious reasons... Snape Ron and Malfoy as they will always be twits...Dumbledore at times... Even Tonks at times... And im pretty sure everyone here knows im the resident Tonks-whore...