1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

VoD Challenge #1

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Verse of Darkness, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Albus Dumbeldore's dead, slain by the trecherous Potions Master Severus Snape. The Wizarding World is in panic, the second strike of the return of Lord Voldemort has several crippled the hope of the recovering country. No one knows who to trust, and everyone is frightened. However, there is one, one person who the Wizarding World prepares to lean their woes on;

The Boy-Who-Lived.

The Order of the Phoenix has temporarily transfered under the leadership of Minerva McGonagall. Arguments and strife is all what fills the meetings, the Order is starting to get desperate, their methods are starting to get darker. Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has been shut down, unofficially made the base of the Order of the Phoenix.

The Death Eaters are starting to be more bold, attacking out in the open while displaying the mark of darkness every where. The Order is striking them down fiercly, some even rumored to use a method of torture. The Order of the Phoenix is in a state of panic, Harry Potter has suddenly up and gone missing!

Minerva also realises, as she attemps to recruit Filius Flitwick, is also missing with no trace. An expert Charms-men, who could prove vital has gone up and missing...

• As you can see, this is a post-HBP and possibly a post-DH fic as well.
    • Everything is dark and chaotic, no one knows whose to trust so whoever attempts to pick up this story, I wish for it to be dark.
    • For those whose familiar with the game World of Warcraft, picture the Order of the Phoenix as a less fanatical Scarlet Crusade.
    • Harry, as heavily mentioned is mentored by Filius Flitwick. Now one could have Flitwick go missing and or dead.
    • Harry could become a vigilante or return himself to the Order, it all depends on the author's choice.
    • Corruption, I love and desire it, on BOTH sides.
    • Pairings are entirely up to the Order, but if one was to invoke it, then I would hope that it would be a female Death Eater if any.
    • Whoever takes up this story could add/switch/replace plots as if they see fit. I just want the Wizarding WOrld to be dark and filled with corruption, and make Filius seem like a 'Yoda' figure of the Wizarding World.

2. ihateuall

ihateuall Looked into the void

LOL! Yoda!Harry

PARODY!!!!

VVVVV

Ahem, I think the order meetings and corruption part is good idea. Perhaps you should use mcgonangls POV and Voldemorts POV and how they see it.

PErhaps mcgonnagal is really samrt maybe...? More ruthless than dumbledore?

Harry can show up as duex as machina later on and get his butt kicked. meh i dunno, but it sounds good.

If i ever make a challenge, one of my rules would be every sentance has to start with a vowel. that would be pretty funny, lol.

3. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

Okay dude, I hate to say it but....wtf?

This challenge sounds exactly like a description of the 7th book by any other fanfic author. In fact, the only really original idea that I see is the fact that you are going to have Flitwick disappear to train Harry.

Well, that and the fact that Harry is going to be off training with the imp instead of looking for Horcrux.

You have stated that you want the story to be dark, but if we look at it logically, at the end of HBP could a fanfic or any other story be anything but? Dumbledore is dead, the light is without their greatest champion, of course it is going to be dark.

Of course the wizarding world is now going to turn to Harry to save them like the sheep they are. This is going to happen in the book as well I am sure, so there is nothing original 'bout that either.

Harry is going to be tutored by Flitwick. Not very original, but livable with. But what is the author suppose to do, is Flitwick a world renown duelist with perfect moves that no one knew about? From what we have seen in the books, Flitwick is nothing more then a Charms master, and probably isn't good at anything else. Maybe dueling.

Is that even possible? Isn't corruption from the bad to the good side called 'redemption'?

I take it you meant it is up to the 'author' to decide? Or is Moody going to get frisky and start up a harem with all of Harry's potential gals. Which leads to the problem that if Harry is going into hiding to train, how does the gal and him get together? Or more pressingly, why would Harry be after a girl instead of training to defeat Voldemort?

....dear God. Just not even cool

4. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

\

There are always traitors on both sides aren't they? Just look at Severus Snape. What I meant by corruption, I've read too many fanfics in which Light/Dark Wizards were perfectly loyal. No treachery, anything. Everyone followed plans perfectly without fail. I just found that to be a little too unrealistic.

I understand your concern here. However, I think you misunderstood my plea. What I'm looking for is a dark fic. Tortuing, rape, death. I want Death Eaters to actually live up to their fearful reputation, not to be stunted by teenagers who haven't even graduated school or easily thwarted by Aurors/Order members without giving a fight. Basically I want to actually feel the emphasis of War within the Wizarding World. A recent addiction I've craved for some reason.

Flitwick part, it's something that just popped up. Too many fics have Harry training with an OC thats get discarded, mysterious school, letter, Severus, Dumbledore, etc. Flitwick has good potential in my opinion. With a 'dash' of Goblin blood as JK comments, he could provide useful help theoritically, depending on how important the author makes that 'dash' of Goblin blood.

I guess I emphasised on the Yoda part too much due to me watching Yoda fight while I was writing the post.