1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Imperator Challenge #3- The Ghost-Who-Lived

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Subcomandante_Taco, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Subcomandante_Taco

Subcomandante_Taco Seventh Year

Challenge #3- The Ghost-Who-Lived
    Background- Voldemort has yet to come back so the Wizarding world is still relatively stable. It takes place 2nd-6th year, your choice but Voldemort cannot be reborn yet.

Challenge- What happens if Harry Potter was betrayed and 'killed' by many if not all of his loved ones? Please find a good reason as to why people would betray. Anyways, the Boy-Who-Lived has been killed but instead of this being the end of an adventure, it's merely the beginning.

Instead of finding himself in the realm of the dead, Harry discovers that he is still in this earth. But he soon realizes that he is dead- but not 100%. Maybe it was the great anger which evoked the magics inside of him, or maybe it was just the power that he has as the Chosen One, but nonetheless, he finds himself in a incorporeal state of life. Harry cannot hold or touch any solid objects, and in fact, he's truly nothing more than a ghost, except for one thing- he can temporarily posses others.

The weaker the person's mind is, the easier he is to posses. Whenever Harry enters the mind of a person in an attempt to control the person, he must defeat a defense mechanism brought up by the mind in an attempt to keep outsiders out. Nonetheless, he can only control others for a temporary amount of time, before being forced out.

Harry swiftly decided to take this chance to take revenge upon the traitors. He planned on having a relatively simple revenge- massacring them all, but things have gone all wrong after he got his first victim.

The Order swiftly discovered this, and they soon start a man-hunt, or more precisely, ghost-hunt. Instead of being the one who is massacring, Harry finds himself being chased by several people in an attempt to kill him- sometime along the way, while he is running away, the Boy-Who-Lived comes across the Dark Lord, still in a ghostly state and looking to be reborn, is also being chased down.

The Dark Lord is also in a similar state to him, and both of them, though they loathe each other, realize that in order to survive, they'd have to team up together.

Figure out...
    -You have to explain why Harry became a ghost
    -Explain how the Order found out about Harry
    -Explain who and why is Voldemort being chased
    -Explain why Harry has been betrayed

Rules-
    -The weaker the mind, the easier to possess
    -Harry can only use magic if he is possessing a wizard
    -He can only do it temporarily
    -He can be defeated by the normal ghost banishing charms
    -Harry has been betrayed by a lot of people except for a few, only a few can be redeemed, and if you redeem them, it must be f or story purposes

Romance-
    -I'd prefer Harry/Luna to be honest, but any is fine, though slash is restricted

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  2. Le

Le Fourth Year

That actually sounds like a really cool idea. I envision it as a Bourne style fic, where Harry is extremely and skilled and fucked up in the head, going around looking for answers. His skills have to come in bursts, hence the possession. I'd love to take it up, but I honestly think I wouldn't be able to do it justice.

You need a skilled author for this one. If you find one, I'd love to read it.

3. Wergan

Wergan Third Year

I think you mean incorporeal form since 99.9% of HP Fanfiction have him in a corporeal form.

4. Hahukum Konn

Hahukum Konn Fourth Year

Hmm - you could have Harry absorbing knowledge from those he possesses. Have him possess Lucius Malfoy after he realizes his head's bursting worse than a Ravenclaw's after he possesses Hermione. :p