1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Snape = Judas?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quack, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Quack

Quack Second Year

Just thought of this. If you want to believe that Dumbledore knew EVERYTHING that was going on, and that he knew what Snape was going to do:

Severus Snape = Judas Iscariot

Read more about Judas here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_Iscariot

Quick summary, in Christian dogma, Jesus Christ knew that one of his 13 Apostles would betray him...and he knew that Judas was going to be the one. Judas did betray Christ to the Romans and then Christ was crucified, leading to Christ dieing for hummanity etc etc etc.

Here's the thing, and read this part carefully:

"# If Jesus foresees Judas' betrayal then Judas has no free will, and cannot avoid betraying Jesus. If Judas can not control his betrayal of Jesus, then his punishment and portrayal as a traitor in western culture is undeserved.
    # If Judas is sent to the Hell for his betrayal, and his betrayal was a necessary step in the humanity-saving death of Jesus Christ, then Judas is being punished for saving humanity."

Severus Snape kills Dumbledore, which spurns Harry to finally become serious asskicking!Harry, and fully embrace his destiny to fight Voldemort. He also is going to go off and kill Snape while he is at it...but is Snape so deserving of that wrath? What else would have prompted Harry into finally truely accepting his fate and FINALLY fighting back as hard as he could?

Also, through his betrayal of Dumbledore, Snape possibly saved the soul of Draco Malfoy and countless other 'on the fence' Death Eaters.

Maybe Severus Snape isn't as bad as many of us thought.

Taken from the author of Torn Away: Scenes From a Memory blog. =P
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/pjsaysbs/3957.html

I kinda support this, even if I hate Snape, Dumbledore had to have a good reason to trust Snape so much... you don't survive to be that old by trusting everyone blindly.

2. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I dont like people who betray...they should be put down

3. True Story

True Story Third Year

I FULLY agree with you!

4. Silent

Silent Kinky Wench

Fascinating idea... I honestly never thought of that.
    Err - there were 12, btw, not that it matters for your argument

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I still go for the deep cover Severus to get him close enough to Voldemort to take out Nagini, and position him to be able to take out Voldemort with Harry if it comes to it.

I'd have trouble seeing JKR be creative enough to do it, but the strange way Dumbledore went out (the AK does not THROW YOU wtf!) and the fact that no one saw him hit, plus the phoenix at his "funeral" and then there's Snape not murdering Harry when he easily could of (yeah there was interference, but he easily could of AK'ed at any time), says to me the guy is still on the light's side.

Then again she could just be forgetting her own canon stuff (that happens often enough) and made the AK toss you all about before ending your life.

6. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Sadly Snape being on the side of the light is as inevitable in the next book as Harry dirtying his soul with Ginny was inevitable in HBP.

We can come up with all the theories and ideas and hints to try and convince ourselves otherwise, but there's nothing in our brains that can actually truly believe otherwise. JKR has always made Dumbledore's word to be held in the highest of regards, and by martyring him that's not about to change. Whether it'll be some sudden change at the end, or he'll be revealed early on as the super-entrenched secret spy, it is inevitable that he will be working on Dumbledore's side.

Just like we can all hope Ginny used a love potion and put up all the reasoning and explanations for it we want, but our brains aren't that gullible.

Thank the sweet Lord we have fanfiction to actually write the stories we want to read, not the ones that idiot children will buy. Well okay we'll buy them too, but we'll bitch about them afterwards!

7. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

How bout it. When the deaths are described by police they just describe the person dead with a horrified look on their face. Also when Voldy AK'ed Lily they didn't find her body blasted through the wall and out in the yard. Ooh and when Moody performs Avada Kedavra on the spider(that I believe the movie made look fucked up) it just simply died no blasted off the table. Or mayber Dumbles needed to fake his death and his body couldn't be found by DEs, but I doubt J.K. is smart enough for that.
    How true, How true

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I reject the initial premise of the argument because I reject predestination... I have a hard time believing that any God would create truly evil epople just to send their souls to hell... I really don't want to quote Dumbledores butchered version of the choices line of existentialism; so I wont.

I reject the second premise of the argument because I believe that if Judas did betray Jesus then it was purely profit motivated, and that the accounts of Jesus doing whatever were later either

A) Made up to make him a more mythical figure, and lend strength to early Christianity.

or

B) Genuinely misreported by accident.

With that said I suppose that last bit was more of my argument with Christian Dogma. If either of the first 2 views are accepted then yes, your Dumblewhore = Jeebus comparison is apt.

9. Lord Supremo

Lord Supremo Second Year

I really hope JKR doesn't turn anyone into Jesus in canon, because that in itself is a horridly overused cliche of fantasy novels. So far, JKR has much respect from me because she has resisted the temptation to take the easy way out and write a christian parable. I'd hate to see her ruin her streak.

10. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

There are 13. You just forgot Rufus. =)