1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

PsyckoSama's Challenge #1

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by PsyckoSama, Jan 11, 2006.

1. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Summery: I just got back from seeing the movie (again), and it has struck me how well the two settings would mesh...

It would work well as a two parter in my mind. Start with the characters in their early years at Hogwarts... maybe second or third year. Harry, Hermione, and Ron provide a good core, easily fitting in the approximate rolls of Peter, Susan, and Edmund respectively. Filling the general role of Lucy is slightly more difficult, but there are plenty of individuals who could be used… for example Ginny (for all those G/H shippers) or possibly Luna for a bend in the direction of the odd (maybe they followed the crazy Ravenclaw into the wardrobe?).

It may seem like just subbing in HP characters to some, it could lead up to some major differences as they react differently, use magic to help bolster their side, or even little but cool things like a magic duel between Harry and the Witch before they use their swords…

The real fun will be when they get back to Hogwarts with years more experience… and practice. This will become even more interesting once Voldie comes back and they start researching ways to return to Narina… because if they could get back and find some way to link the two worlds, they could provide the personal resources and authority to fight Voldemort (being the Kings/Queens and all) that Dumbledore ultimately lacks, and that the ministry was unwilling to provide during their fifth year…

Rules: (feel free to muck around with them as long as the spirit of the idea is kept)
    * The Golden Trio finds the Wardrobe and get transported to Narina along with another female student their own age or younger.
    * It takes place in their 2nd year
    * Ron plays the roll of the unwitting Judas
    * Harry duels the White Witch
    * Harry becomes High King of Narina
    * They spend approximately 10 years in Narina, coming back no older but with far more maturity and life experience.
    * They come back trained in the local breed of magic and/or more practiced in their own with greater mastery over what forms they already knew (10 years of practice).
    * When they return to Hogwarts, they start looking for a way back.
    * After Voldemort resurrection they go all out in their research to find a way to link the two worlds, and bring through the forces needed to crush Voldemort.

2. Forfie

Forfie Third Year

It sounds like a good idea. I was just wondering how cannon-ish you wanted to make it C.S. Lewis' work because in the Narnia series, when Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy are transported back to Narnia, it is like a hundred years after they left, Cair Paravel is in ruins and over grown by shrubery. I know it's a little dampener on the whole idea, but could add to a plot twist in the challenge. Excellent idea though :D .

Aslan rocks

Mrs. Beaver: You've been sneaking second helpings, haven't you?
    Mr. Beaver: Well, you never know if your next meal's going to be your last. Especially with your cooking.

Peter Pevensie: It's our sister, Lucy.
    Professor Kirke: The weeping girl?
    Peter Pevensie: Yes, our brother Edmund was making fun of her.
    Professor Kirke: Hence the weeping

Wolf: Now, don't try to run. We're very tired. We'd prefer to kill you quickly.

3. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

It depends on the take of the author, IMHO. It does not have to be pidgonholed into CS Lewes's exact canon, the same as its not going to match the Potter canon move for move. That and a castle that survived 100 years in ice intact going to ruins in 100 is kinda silly... as is the idea it would not have been looked after... :p

Yes, he does, in all his Liony Jesusiness ;p

Heh.

Double Heh.

In the cross, I see that line having something like "Stupefy!" as the witty response... ;)