1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Post-HBP plot bunny

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by ip82, Jan 11, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I've just come up with this plot-bunny, but since I promised myself I'd never write a post-HBP story I thought I might as well post it and get it out of my mind.

The premise is simple - what if Harry said YES to Scrimgeour after Dumbledore's funeral?

I'd imagine he'll get bunch of cool stuff in return - Hit-Wizard's Training, permission for Dark arts & Unforgiveables, complete Ministry's backing etc. I see him as taking all this and learning all he can as fast as possible, while his friends preach about light arts with the fucking useless Order.

Even better, he tells the minister about the Prophecy. Scrimgeour authorises special training program - the Unspeakables use those brain things from OOTP to impart him with all sort of knowledge from retired Unspeakables (I'm using ENSING's theory that these store their memories after they retire).

After that, he gathers a group of Auror trainees / friends and trains them intio his own loyal elite unit that is above the law. They all have a licence to kill and use all Ministry resources to track down the death eaters and exterminate them ruthlessly.

Now you can have the rest of the Order and his friends join him and become a part of his team, or turn "you're turning dark' bullshit and start fighting against him.

Another aspect to think about - In return for all this, Harry will have to play the hero and parade around the wizarding world to lift the spirit. But instead of fucking irritating pansy little "I just wanna be a boy" bitches we usually see, this Harry grabs the opportunity and turns this parades to his advantage. He riles up the people who stand behind him and gains huge popularity and backing.

When Scrimgeour realizes what's going on, it's alreaady too late - Harry takes over the ministry thanks to his group of loyal soldiers and huge backing of the masses. He immedietely disbands the wizengamot and all the bullshit laws and starts training people to fight against the Death Eaters (and maybe self-righteous order).

Another idea. In lack of proper leadership (after their hero 'deserted' him) the Order somehow brings Albus back to lead them - portrait, ghost (he returns coz he has unfinished business), golem whatever. In that case, the order surely turns against Harry, whom Albus see as another Tom Ridley.

In the end, it's Harry's new ministry, led by muggleborns and half-bloods and helped by muggle methods against all purebloods amased around Voldemort. With Albus and the Order trying to bring them back to status quo.

So, whatcha think?

2. Inexistence

Inexistence Seventh Year

It sounds really great, but surely some of the order defect, knowing that it has to be good if he's rebuilding the ministry to be fair. Also, I think Dumbledore died to increase dramatic effect. I don't think he'd come back anymore than Sirius. Who is Ensign also?

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yes, some. That's up for delibaration. I guess the aurors should be first to jump the ship. Moony too, since Harry will open up the Ministry to the Werewolves and such.

I see MGonagall and Dumbledore's close friends firmly against him.
    Hermione is on the edge - she could go either way.
    Ron and the Weasleys definitely against him. Ron had problems dealing with people admiring Harry at school. With the whole country admiring him, I could easily see Ron becoming one of his greatest enemies.

Fight isn't interesting without another side between the main two. Dumbledore is ideal man to lead the fight against both Harry and Voldemort. I don't see him coming back, but every headmaster has a portrait, right? Why wouldn't he?

Also, Nick said ghosts return if they are still attached to the living world by some unfinished business or something. And Albus has TONS of unfinished things regarding Harry & Voldemort. So why not?

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ENSIGN

His story "The Innocence Of Guilt" has some very interesting ideas about the Unspeakables and DOM.

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Ron as a 'great enemy?' In this scheme, I can't see Ron mattering at all. He's a kid, from a poor family with no outstanding qualities. He's a complete nonentity when we're talking about the entire country. Honestly, with even marginal training Harry would destroy Ron by batting an eyelash. Same for the Mudblood and just about anybody else in his age group.

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

No, no, no, not Ron as a powerful leader, or anything like that. More Ron like the guy who hates Harry the most in the Order.

I imagine that most of the members would see Harry as a lesser evil of the two, but Ron's jelousy and ignorance would push him completely against Harry. Hell, I could even see him becoming the spy for Voldemort just so he could spite him more easily.

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Eh, I don't think Ron could pull off being a spy. He's too fucking stupid in all honesty. He would be discovered instantly by anybody with a shred of common sense. Ron Weasley managing to fool people like Moody doesn't work IMO.

7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I don't think there are any Legilimens left in Order without Dumbledore and Snape.

Besides, I don't see Ron working directly against the Order. I see Voldemort offering Ron alliance solely against Harry and then using Legilimency/Imperio/Whatever to manipulate Ron against the Order or extract information about them.

I actually don't see Voldemort bothering much against the weakened Order. I think he would rather manipulate them against Harry using Ron as his pawn. He would try to turn the Order against Harry and then pick on the victor.

8. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

And I see Harry just blasting the Weasel with a Killing Curse and calling it a day. :)

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

It is a good idea. The brain thing is kinda cliche in a way but in another way it isnt. Normally they are 'famous' wizards and witches brains. The idea of them being retired unspeakable's memories is good. They would want to keep all the information they can from past members.

10. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Got any links? It sounds interesting and i've never seen one.

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

No but I'll look. Most of the time its Ron getting the memories/powers/ect from the brain attack in book five. That really annoys me, lol.

12. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Anytime Ron is anything more then a squib sidekick barely fit to hold Harry's right nut, the story sucks. Period.

13. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

I literally laughed out loud at that.

Good show, old bean.

14. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

*Sigh* I can relate when it comes to fics I expect to be on level with Vash's fic when it comes to evil. On Independent fics though Ron beings normal/below average is fine for me. Any boost in power/ext degrades the overall quality of the read though.

The DA is my new favourite plot element. He has a multi-house squad of loyal students, yet many authors dont use it... :(

15. ihateuall

ihateuall Looked into the void

I'll take up the challenge.

First chapter coming soon. I'm aiming for approx. 2000 words.

16. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    More information would be rather welcome.

17. ihateuall

ihateuall Looked into the void

i sent my first chapter over to ip, waiting for his reply right now. I'll get started on the next one later today, or maybe work out the whole plot outline.