PDA

View Full Version : Search for Ged

Lutris
01-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Heylo again folks. Lutris the Smart Otter here. In case you were wondering, yes, that is my sn in skewed up latin.

Anyhoo, looking for a fic, of the likes of which I have never set eyes on before.

A Harry Potter/A Wizard of Earthsea crossover.

I dearly love the HP series, (well, who couldn't figure that out?), and appreciate the series written by Ursula K. Le Guin a lot as well. I would like to see if anybody has combined the two yet.

So, if anyone finds one, or as a matter of fact, decides to write one, could they post it here?

Mordecai
01-17-2006, 11:32 AM
i believe I once snaffled one of the books in that series out of my English teachers personal library, and I quite enoyed it. But I haven' read any of the others.

The one I read followed a guy from childhood through to late life. The main point of it if I remember correctly was that he fucked up some necromancy at one point and spent the greater part of his life being chased around by some wierd blob of darkness.

I think that would make a moderately interesting cross-over with HP, thogh there are some others series I think would be much better. Things like the Earth's Children Saga, and the Meredith Gentry series. They would be brilliant.

ShadowedDarkness
01-20-2006, 07:28 PM
That was the first book, I think I did see an earthsea crossover though it was based off the tv movie instead of the books I believe. Also believe it was poorly written and soon abandoned. As it is I think the magic systems might be a bit too incompatible, earthsea wizards would probably be able to pound HP wizards into the ground.