1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pet Peeves!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lutris, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Post things that you just generally get annoyed at.

For me? Seeing people write alot instead of a lot. Alot is not a word!

When people set plates and cutlery crookedly.

When people slurp their soup. Especially loudly.

When people don't give support to their arguments.

When people cut into conversations they have no business with.

Dumb people who act smart.

Hypocrites.

Stereotyping people who overdo it. I mean, some stereotypes are necessary, but only just to get a general idea of a group. The bare minimums. Not all of them are going to be following that, but it gives you a place to start from. But people who do it for every little thing.......

Add on!

*note: Admins and mods, this isn't just for writing, if you hadn't noticed, which I'm sure you did, so this, I believe, should be kept a different topic from other 'writing problems' forums.

2. DaytonDeusBlack

DaytonDeusBlack Seventh Year

I don't like when pople say, "me and him." It's " him and I" for God's sake!

I don't like when peole try to copy international accents. Though it is fun to watch them make a fool out of themselves.

I don't like when people try to give me unnecessary advice when I don't ask for it.

I don't like when people go on and on about themselves while speaking to someone, unless they're relating any funny ncidents. Then, it's ok....oops I'm doing that right now. I'll stop.

3. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

People who cry wolf.

People who complain.

The annoying kid you sit next to in class who has to comment on EVERY damn thing the teacher or someone else says. (I sit next too a really bad one right now, I swear I’m gunna need fillings by the end of the quarter because I will have ground the enamel off my teeth.)

People who never argue. We all have opinions, succumbing to other people’s opinions, or the opinion of the mass is just pathetic.

People who aren’t my friends or a pretty lady (can’t forget that exception), who ask me to help them. (I’m a very nice person cant you tell)

Poorly written and bad thought out stories that have more good reviews then a good story, all because of a bunch of 14 year olds that like to read inquenchable dribble.

Mpreg… gah don’t even get me started.

Severtius (sp?) challenge. James was Harrys father people…JAMES. Lilly was never torn between choosing James or Snape. She never loved that disgusting slime-ball piece of shit. (If you cant tell Lilly is one of my favorite characters in the whole story and degrading her down to that level is just…just…I cant even express my anger in words.)

When DE show up in some town with a huge explosion….What did they blow up? How did they blow it up? Why don’t they use that means of mass destruction again to kill more people?

When a stories basis for slash is that two males (Harry and Vella!Draco) are ‘matted’… how exactly would a race survive if males keep getting matted to other males, and I swear to god if any of you bring up Mpreg I’ll hit you.

People who start their canon based story by retelling everything that happens in cannon…common people! I think if we are reading FF we have reed the stories so there is no need to repeat them.

4. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

What's really pissing me off at the moment is the amount of stupid sales telephone calls I'm getting from India. It's like five times a day that I have to tell them to kiss my arse. Can't the fuckers tell I'm not gonna by there bastard phone!

I hate it when people interrupt me when I'm talking.

I hate it when I'm trying to read and there's some twat reading over my shoulder. This applies to writing as well.

It really gets on my nerves when someone cuts in front of me in a cue.

And lots, lots more that I won't get into.

5. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I hate ignorance.

Holier than thou religious people annoy the shit out of me and make me want to go kill a whole herd of baby deer.

Evangelical Christians who believe in The Rapture because they fit into pet peeves 1 and 2.

People who chew loudly.

Fat people, politically incorrect I know; but seriously those people who weigh 300+ pounds have no excuse except their own gluttony.

People who don't brush their teeth.

People who wear the same shirt everyday.

This one kid in my Euro class who thinks he is smarter than me... Every day I have to make him look/sound like an idiot.

Biased teachers.

Redundant policies

People who would marry a rule-book if it were legal.

There are more... I just dont feel like listing them at the moment.

6. UnholyWarlord

UnholyWarlord Fourth Year

The Great Icy wasteland that is known as Canada
    People who jump on band-wagons

people who worship the famous

People who think just because I have defined reilgious value system, I am igorant racist hick

People who assume I am an Emo/Goth ( If one more person says this, I will kill them!)

The NDP (canadian political party)

Evangelical Christains

7. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

I seriously have grown to hate people that think they are the ducks nuts and everybody should bow before them! The fact that only there idea's, values, morals, likles and dislikes etc. count, and all others can go fuck there idea's.

Secondly i hate the followers of my first hate, people that blindly follow someone is a mindless scrounge and stain on this planet, they diserve nothing but to be led to there deaths.

I think others have said but when in conversation and someone just jumps in and starts talking about something else that has absolutly nothing to do with what is being said.

I dislike fat/obese people! i take my health seriously and do everything to maintain my body and it's not that hard! for Nyx's sake it's not like you need a gym membership to lose those Kilograms fuck take a walk for 90mins? dont go eat McDonalds? pah! not that hard yet they continue to sit on they fat ass and eat with no exercise critising how things should be!...sorry i dont want to get going to much!

8. Aquylyne

Aquylyne First Year

people who complain about shit that is totally within their power to change, their just lazy.

People who party do drugs fuk on saturday then bitch at you monday for not going to church, because "its the right thing to do."

People esp. celebs who bitch about the death penalty when the person is like 2 days from being put to death can anyone say camera hog. God i have jesse jackson.

people who go over seas to adopt. WTF american orphans arent as cute or something?!?

tom cruise.... just ugh.....tom cruise

9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Agreed

(Expounds on "hating ignorance")
    > People who say " The news doesn't matter and effect my life"
    > People who focus only on National news because its all that "effects them"
    ~~~
    > People who love talking on the phone.

You know what? Fuck it. Ignorance & narrowminded sum it up.

10. Lord_Slytherin

Lord_Slytherin Third Year

People incessantly complaining about what annoys them. :p

Edit: And how could I forget..... Tom Cruise.

You know, not every fat person sits around all day binging on Macdonalds - there's also a powerful yet mysterious force known as genetics. I'm also an exercise freak, but I find your view rather narrow-minded.

11. Aquylyne

Aquylyne First Year

I, on the other hand, extremely dislike people blaming things like genetics for obesity. Granted that some "some" people can attribute it to genetics, it moslty has to do with
    1.food intake
    2.exercise
    3 metabolism

12. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Take me for instance. I'm hardly what you would call obese, but not what you would call fit either. On the chubby side, if I say so myself. Just don't like ballsports in general (as a whole), and since all the sports out there seem to involve balls... I'm stuck with kicking wooden posts and jogging.

And note: when I am at home, I usually lounge in front of the computer doing absolutely nothing unless chewing on a piece of jerky.

13. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

... Dun exactly belong round here then do ya? Ish all we do...

pet peeves of Vash? ... lets see...

Stupid people... number one on the list.. cant STAND stupid people...and i dont mean the ones that jst dont know answers the smart kid always knows... i mean the ones that at 19 still stick pennies in electrical outlets in the wall ....

Aquylyne's avatar... thats just disturbing....really...

Driving.. I HATE driving because inevitably when i get out on the road all the previously mentioned stupid people all rush out and drive like retared monkeys wth MS...

14. DaytonDeusBlack

Indeed... I was wondering when someone would get to that.

15. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

My 2 pence
    People who walk too slowly
    People who don't know how to cross roads
    Chavs
    Credit Cards
    Network Firewalls
    My frustrating inability to teleport

16. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

You don't like ignorance, yet you crap on people simply because they don't look like you do. Practice what you preach, buddy. That's more than just not PC. That's ignorant and fucking stupid. True, I don't have a damned excuse for being overweight. Nor have I ever tried to make one. I am who I am and anybody who doesn't like it can suck my big fat cock. Or they can say it to my face and lose a few teeth.

See, it's comments like this that just make me want to kill somebody. I'm your typical fat person. I have a large gut and don't do a God damned fucking thing to remedy it. I don't care, and I have better things to do with my time than run around some track or do aerobics or whatever in order to look like what some ignorant fuck thinks that I should. I eat what I enjoy eating, not what some health expert says that I need to. I'm also not what you could describe as obese. I weigh over 350 pounds, but I'm also near seven feet tall and carry it pretty damned well. You bitch about me eating McDonald's. I don't, actually hate the place. Their food tastes like shit. But if you or anybody else were ever to utter a comment as ignorant as that where I could hear it, the only eating you'd be doing would be from a motherfucking straw. Unless of course you used all that stamina you gained from your vaunted exercise to run away from me like a little cunt with your tail tucked between your legs. I know this is supposed to be an open forum, but I'd suggest you still watch what you say next time. Never know who you might be pissing off. Were I not in a more congenial mood this morning I would smite you for making such a retardedly offensive comment.

17. DaytonDeusBlack

Actually, LS is right. If you have the height, there is nothing wrong with being heavy. I mean, look at all the wrestlers. They're healthy enough.

18. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Sera, while the statements were a bit too open ended, they weren't targetted at you. You're taking them too personal, back off a bit. It's a thread for own personal likes/dislikes, which means not everyone is going to agree.

I can apply their comments to myself as well, 240 lbs, 6 foot, but I'm built solidly, but I've got a decent sized gut. When I was weightlifting in High school I was easily closer to 280, with no fat at all, but I blame some of the things I was taking, and alot of it was probably water weight/retention.

On a side note, this is why I specifically made sure any rant threads of this nature would be related to only HP, someone's feelings always get hurt when shit like this is posted.

I could easily say how much I hate kids that think they know more then they do, and aren't worldly enough to know that their shortsighted views on politics or life wouldn't let them last a year in the real world once they're outside of pointless debates or sheltered environments, but hell I can think of at least 3 folks that'd imm. offend. But I think they'd respect that opinion, and not blow up about it.

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I think it's an entirely different matter to ridicule personality traits and physical appearances. Saying 'I don't like you because you act like an asshole' is a lot different than 'I don't like you because you don't look like me.' I'm not going to push the subject any further, but those other comments were still extremely rude and closed-minded and I stand by the way I responded to them.

20. Silent

Silent Kinky Wench

Pet peeves?

- Having to break up brawls
    - being the figurative rope in tug-of-war
    - spraining both ankles at the same time
    - people who hate me because I'm skin and bones (It's not my fault I have a family history of Crohn's!)
    - one crumb in the middle of a clean counter
    - stereotyping