1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The World Ends With You

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Evan Tide, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Has anyone else tried this game yet? It's for the DS and it has a pretty fun and unique battle system. The storyline is kind of cliche though.

2. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Is it any good? I've heard some great things, and some really, really terrible things about this game...

Whats the system like?

3. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

The game introduces a new combat system for the DS. SE is calling it the Cross Stride System. The system makes you fight on both screens. The top works like DDR, where you hit the D-pad or buttons to perform attacks. The bottom screen is used differently. The attacks you perform are based on what badges (pins) you have equipped and how you use the stylus. Certain badges require you to tap the enemy, some need to be held at certain spots, others need you to slash the enemy, or blow into the mike. There is also the synch attack. It allows you and your partner to unleash high-powered, tag-team assaults if you have enough synch points. The top and bottom screen enemies share HP and you and your partner also share. Combat takes awhile to get used to, but it is very enjoyable.

If you meant plot instead of game play, then be prepared to hit many twists and turns throughout the game.

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I have.

This game is fucking godly. I can't describe how much I 'gasmed over it. :p

And I still haven't got to Another Day yet.

-points to sig.-