PDA

View Full Version : Those old time games.

Cruentus
05-22-2008, 01:22 AM
So about an hour ago I was bored out of my mind and looking for something to do and while digging around in my room I found Lunar Eternal Blue for ps1 and I have been replaying it since.

How about you? Any old time games from back in the day that hold a special place in your heart?

Solomon
05-22-2008, 01:23 AM
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. As far as I see it, I became a nerd precisely because of that game.

No Earthly Clue
05-22-2008, 01:46 AM
Damn you stole mine. But besides Ocarina of Time, I would have to say Tetris. I still play that game constantly, in the early hours of the morning.

Lindow
05-22-2008, 02:00 AM
Crash Bandicoot on the PS1, I love to play those every once and a while.

Mechanicalchrist
05-22-2008, 03:45 AM
Star Ocean 2, Front Mission 3 and FF6 still blow modern RPGs outta the water.

And I played Earthbound not too long ago. Wasn't as fun as I remembered, but holy balls was it creepy.

Solomon
05-22-2008, 04:05 AM
Star Ocean 2 and FF6 were alright, and I haven't played Front Mission 3. On that note, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 blew FF6 and SO2 out of the fucking water. Most SMT games are amazing, actually, despite being "modern."

Legend of Legaia has a pretty interesting Fighting System, and isn't exactly new. I suggest people check it out (if they can find it).

Lokesin
05-22-2008, 08:53 AM
I'd say it's Fallout 1 and 2 for me.

Still play them, and still love them.

Methene
05-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Heroes of Might and Magic III. Definitely the best game in its genre. Also Diablo II and Starcraft make me wish to play them again.

Blaise
05-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Smash Bros. 64 (not really old, I know) and Tetris.

Narf
05-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Chrono Trigger, first and foremost.

Street Fighter

Mario Bros.

Mario Kart

There was this one Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game... something about them going back in time. I forget what it's called. But yeah, these are the games that will never get old.

JohnThePyro
05-22-2008, 10:56 AM
FFVIII, the first RPG I ever played and still my favorite. I still bring it out every once and a while and go at it.

Blaise
05-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Mario Kart This and Smash Bros. made up my senior independent study for highschool.

Oz
05-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII and Super Mario Bros 3.

thisperson
05-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Super Mario Bros. (Mainly number three)

I still play them on GBA whenever it strikes my fancy.

Final Fantasy VII.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. (Yes, the first one)

Mario Kart (For the N64)

Conker's Bad Fur Day (Multiplayer - N64)

Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2) Some might not consider it old, but I thought it was better than MGS1 and MGS3 ('Epic story line' doesn't even begin to describe the series)

The Duck Gun shooting game for the NES. <.<

The Crash Bash collection. (My cousin and I played those for such a long time. Good memories :) )

Pokemon. :|

Mortal Kombat (Sega) I played it a lot with my uncles when I was a child.

QuaziJoe
05-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Super Mario brothers(SNES bundle) draws me back to the old console.

You just can't beat it as a classic. That and Zone of enders for PS2.

I'm still getting used to call of duty 4 right now, but those games were just easy to get sucked in.

"It's a me, MARIO!"

Classic

Aekiel
05-22-2008, 11:48 AM
I still play MGS1 occasionally, cause someone nicked MGS2 and I haven't got round to buying a new one >_>. I play the third one more though.

I replay all the Final Fantasy's I own every few months.

Future Cop: LAPD is funky for playing with friends and Legend of Legaia is also awesome. Ahh, the age of gaming where polygons the size of your fist were not considered ugly :p.

Calis Clayr
05-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Lessee...

Crash Bandicoot 3 and Crash Team Racing. CTR's multiplayer was most amusing, especially when there were 4 of us. Good times...

FFVII, MGS1, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. No explanation needed, I think.

MediEvil. So much fun, that game was...

Zone Of the Enders, even if it's not that old. I really hope Kojima will make a third one. Versus mode was great, though less satisfying in the 2nd Runner.

Seratin
05-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Super Mario 64

Smash bros.

Mario kart.

Goldeneye (Best FPS ever.)

Pokemon.

Crash Bandicoot 3:Warped.

Krogan
05-22-2008, 04:17 PM
I can't believe no ones mentioned Duke Nukem yet, I started playing those games when I was 8 years old and I still play them now.

Muttering Condolences
05-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Super Mario World with the first appearance of Yoshi, the smaked addicted green dinosaur.

Other than that, I play Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past constantly. I'm still trying to get that fucking heart container at the little island at the top of the mountain.

Dr. Strange Lulz
05-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Smash Bros 64 is pretty much the only game my friends and I play together. That shit can get pretty heated.

Final Fantasy IX

Galaga - I'm the first person to mention this? You lot should be ashamed.

Sonic the Hedgehog - I've been playing games all my life and going back to one of my first favorite games... it's gotten no easier.

Wolfenstein 3D - Tops Doom, Quake, and even the almighty Duke Nukem.

Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers - Please tell me somebody else played this thing, game was the bomb.

Aekiel
05-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Oh! Tekken 3 as well. Best fighting game I've ever played... I may be slightly biased cause of the Gon video though :p.

Voice of the Nephilim
05-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Still play the first Quake, and dabble in level design for said game. It still has a surprisingly large mapping community. Personally, I haven't released anything since late 2006, but have about forty partially completed maps wasting away on my hard-drive that I'll probably never touch again.

Replay MGS 1-3 on occasion.

Every once in a while I play the Ecco the Dolphin games for Sega.

Super Mario 3, Super Mario World. Played this fucking terrible SMW hack, Super Carlos World. Probably one of the lamest things ever.

Sonic 1-3, Sonic and Knuckles.

With the Xbox 360 controller's USB port, playing ROMs on the computer is exponentially more fun.

No Earthly Clue
05-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers, Oh god, I haven't played that in forever and I still have it.

The old Mario and Sonic games still rock.

I can't believe I left Galaga off the list, I haven't played that game in forever.

Give me the first Grand theft auto, anytime.

Myst
05-23-2008, 12:31 AM
Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age for the GBA

Pokemon

The three Fire Emblems for GBA

Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood War

Diablo and Diablo II/LOD

Red Alert 1 and 2

Dr. Strange Lulz
05-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Oh man, at this point we're getting into everything EXCEPT next gen practically.

So I'm gonna throw Jet Grind Radio and Jet Set Radio Future in there, screw the fruitbooting but the graffiti and soundtrack will rule your life.

Gotta toss in DII and DII:LOD for the good times and account stealing fun.

OOH Fuckin Time Crisis 2! How could I forget that. I'm in the top 5 on every machine I've ever played on.

Narf
05-23-2008, 12:48 AM
I dunno, I guess you could call N64 games old time games, but I really don't. Anything before it, I do.

hchan1
05-23-2008, 01:06 AM
Final Fantasy VI

Pretty much every Zelda game after the NES ones.

Goldeneye

Parappa the Rapper

System Shock 1+2

Coyote
05-23-2008, 01:28 AM
Gothic 2. Fallout 1 and 2. X-Com. King of Dragon Pass. Morrowind. Motherfuckin' Alpha Centauri. MOO2. La-Mulana.

Solomon
05-23-2008, 01:34 AM
La-Mulana.

Including Hell Temple?

Jamven
05-23-2008, 02:09 AM
NES
Dragon Warrior
Final Fantasy
Ninja Gaiden
Megaman
Contra
The Legend of Zelda
Mario 3

SNES
Super Mario World
Megaman
Most everything else Mario
Chrono Trigger
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Secret of Mana
Harvest Moon
Donkey Kong Country
Final Fantasy
Star Ocean (fan translation ftw)
Contra III
Peace Keepers
...and many, many more.

Sega Genesis
Sonic
Gunstar Heroes
Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures
Shining Force
Disney's Aladdin (What?)
Castlevania: Bloodlines
...there are others...

Gameboy/Color
Pokémon
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Zelda
Megaman
Tetris
Bugs Bunny
Paperboy
DBZ: LSW
Ninja Turtles
Harry Potter (GBC games rocked, better than their GBA counter parts)
Dragon Warrior

GBA
Golden Sun
Pokémon
Mario
Star Wars Trilogy: Apprentice of the Force
Mega Man (BN and Zero)
Zelda
Lunar Legend
Final Fantasy
Metroid
Castlevania
Sword of Mana
Advance Wars

PSX
Chrono Cross
Street Fighter
Mega Man
Monster Rancher
NFL Blitz
Final Fantasy
Silent Hill
Mortal Kombat
Spyro
Crash
Tomb Raider
Rogue Trip: Vacation 2012
Twisted Metal

PC
Baldur's Gate Collection
Planescape: Torment
Diablo 1&2
Centauri Alliance
...any many more

Korisovra
05-23-2008, 03:20 AM
Thanks to you fuckers I just blew the dust off a few of my older consoles.

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
FFVIII
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Final Fantasy Tactics
Diablo 2 (been re-playing online for about 6 months now)
Lords of the Realm II
Dark Cloud 1 & 2
Megaman (The GBA ones rock)
Tank (Atari)

Which realm is everyone on in D2?

Don E. Delivery
05-23-2008, 04:01 AM
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game was TMNT: Turtles in Time.

I remember playing a soccer game/volley ball game for NES, as well as the Bases Loaded series.

Super Mario 1-3 is always a pleasure, and Super Mario World was amazing and still is. In fact, these videos are pretty amazing. Hacked!Mario http://youtube.com/watch?v=r86NLwCYXfk

Also the Donkey Kong Country series for SNES. Epic. Oh, and Mortal Kombat.

I've beaten Link to the Past far more times than I care to think about. Same for Final Fantasy VII-IX. And no one can discount the Twisted Metal series or

I played Winning Eleven 6 and Dynasty Warriors 2 for the longest time. The first Guitar Hero was by far the best.

Sadly, my NES, SNES, Playstation and Playstation 2 are all either broken or gone.

Cruentus
05-30-2008, 07:25 PM
System Shock 1+2

Sweet! Another SS fan!

Banjo Kazooie is like crack even after all these years I still like kicking ass with a bear and a bird in his back pack.

Anybody ever play a game called Fade to Black for PS2? It was extremely fun, but it seemed like there was a thousand ways to be killed in one hit:mad:

The first Onimusha was a fun game as well.

Richard
05-30-2008, 07:41 PM
I remember playing Duke Nukem and the old Doom series as well as Wolfenstien 3D. Fuck Doom 3, doesn't count as "Doom".

I used to have a regular Nintendo once, had Mario Bros and shit. Never got into consoles though. Prefer computers.

I played SC and BW for a while too. As well as Diablo 1 when it came out of course. Diablo 1 kicks Diablo 2's ass.

And speaking of games, I have a friend on msn that says Blizzard is making StarCraft 2 off of WC3's game engine. Fucking fail in my book. WC3's graphics sucked donkey balls. Since the original game creators left Blizzard a few years ago, the company's been in the toilet ever since.

I also remember playing Mario Kart with an old childhood friend of mine waaaay back for the Super Nintendo. Was very fun.

yak
05-30-2008, 08:45 PM
PC
====
Civilization - the original. I must've bought this game at least three separate times. Fucking owned. Sid Meier is a minor god.
Duke Nukem 1 shareware.
Commander Keen shareware.
Raiden - top down scrolling space-ship-shooter. I just found an online flash remake (http://qbris.com/raiden_x.html). It's not quite as good as the original, but still playable.

SNES
====
Star Wing (Star Fox to most of you)
Donkey Kong Country

N64
===
Golden Eye

enembee
05-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Duke Nukem 3D. Awesome game.

Darius
05-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Chrono Trigger, first and foremost.

Street Fighter

Mario Bros.

Mario Kart

There was this one Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game... something about them going back in time. I forget what it's called. But yeah, these are the games that will never get old.

Turtles in Time! I used to love that game, I've beat it probably more then any other game I've played.

Probably Pokemon Red for me which remains the best pokemon game.

Mechanicalchrist
05-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Probably Pokemon Red for me which remains the best pokemon game.

I think Gold/Silver were the best, but in terms of sheer nostalgia value Red/Blue win easily.

Krogan
05-31-2008, 01:01 AM
Duke Nukem 3D. Awesome game.

QFT "I've got balls of steel!" was one of the greatest lines in a videogame ever

Jamven
05-31-2008, 01:16 AM
The Oregon Trail and DinoPark Tycoon, I remember is being cool in elementary school because you were actually allowed to play it during class hours

Kenshkrix
05-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Best oldest game: 1986: wiki:Starflight (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starflight); where your audio was your computer beeping at you.
A year after Starflight: Nethack
The later good games, that might be considered old: Doom I&II, Warcraft I&II.
Most of the games you guys are posting are really new, compared to my old favorites.

Seratin
05-31-2008, 08:34 AM
Gold and Silver were the best simply because you got to play through Johto and Kanto.

The original gta games, you know the ones with the birds eye view.

Grubdubdub
05-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Minesweepers. With the most incredible luck ever, I scored 1 second in the small size.

yak
05-31-2008, 10:16 AM
A year after Starflight: Nethack
The later good games, that might be considered old: Doom I&II, Warcraft I&II.
Most of the games you guys are posting are really new, compared to my old favorites.

I never got into Nethack. I tried it with the GUI mod, but meh.

Doom I and Warcraft I&II were brilliant.

I can't believe I forgot Monkey Island! I've finished MI I&II several times.

"You fight like a dairy farmer."
"How appropriate. You fight like a cow."

Xiph0
05-31-2008, 12:54 PM
War Craft 2.

Started it all for me.

DemonDream
05-31-2008, 01:30 PM
Star control 3 was the first computer game I got really involved in. My first game ever, though, was Joust on an old Atari game system. I was about 3 or 4 years old. I somehow managed to bypass the entire NES era, and skipped straight to Sega games, where my next major game was Street Fighter 2, Alpha edition.

Eventually I got an N64, and was introduced to Ocarina of Time, Banjo Kazooie, and several other wonderful games.

On the note of Banjo Kazooie, who else is looking forward to the Xbox 360 Banjo Kazooie game? Its called Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

Xiph0
05-31-2008, 02:03 PM
Which realm is everyone on in D2?

US West when I do play.

Kai Shek
05-31-2008, 02:08 PM
I play Singleplayer and Modded Diablo. I tired out regular Diablo a long time ago, and the servers are full of uneducated 10 year olds.

One game I continuously play is Ultima Online, though on free servers and none of that $10 a month.

Thrawn Wannabe
05-31-2008, 02:25 PM
Oh, Nethack...even though I just got into it this past year, and thus it isnt really an 'old time game' for me, it really is amazing. So many stupid ways to die...

White Rabbit
05-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Wolfenstein 3-D. That was my childhood gaming experience. Along with the old Gameboy.

Antivash
05-31-2008, 03:09 PM
hnn... Old games... I play Tactics Ogre all the time. Bahamut Lagoon. Star Ocean 2. Final Fantasy Tactics. Tecmo's Deception. Utterly awesome game. same thing with Techmo's superbowl.

Skykes
05-31-2008, 03:10 PM
Heroes of Might and Magic III. Definitely the best game in its genre. Also Diablo II and Starcraft make me wish to play them again.

Wrong.While III is better than IV and V. Heroes of Might and Magic II outclasses them both. Besides , HoM&M III came out in 1999...

And yea Diablo II + Starcraft are old classics, I still play Diablo often enough :D

Edit: Anyone know where I can buy a legit copy of Warcraft III TFT?(I cant find it anywhere locally) Im sick of playing on the Eurobattle.net servers :/

The Dark Monarch
05-31-2008, 03:31 PM
With the Xbox 360 controller's USB port, playing ROMs on the computer is exponentially more fun.

I have the same thing. I use Project64 and ZSNES to emulate all my old games on the computer.

Super Mario World.

StarFox

Smash Bros. Melee 64

A Link To The Past.

Donkey Kong Country.

Star Wars Empire At War.

Mario64

Korisovra
05-31-2008, 03:35 PM
hnn... Old games... I play Tactics Ogre all the time. Bahamut Lagoon. Star Ocean 2. Final Fantasy Tactics. Tecmo's Deception. Utterly awesome game. same thing with Techmo's superbowl.

Tactics Ogre was awesome. Is it on an emulator or the console?

Xiph0
05-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Edit: Anyone know where I can buy a legit copy of Warcraft III TFT?(I cant find it anywhere locally) Im sick of playing on the Eurobattle.net servers :/

In Ireland? No idea, here in the States they have "Battlechest" packs at Target, Gamestop, Wal-Mart, etc.

Bukay
05-31-2008, 07:28 PM
And yea Diablo II + Starcraft are old classics, I still play Diablo often enough :D

Diablo Zwei is not so old... the first part was better IMO, the music, the atmosphere and my lev 50 full geared mage with Apocalypse spell, what else do you need :)

My other old favourite classics? well, mentioned above Starcraft. I still gather with my friends to play free for all ...

What else.... well, Civilisation, Colonisation and TTD. All those hours I've spent creating my empires :)

There's also Fallout I & II - no need to comment those two.

From those REALLY old ones I remember Scorched Earth from my primary school, played on PC with DOS or Norton Commander only...

Antivash
05-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Tactics Ogre was awesome. Is it on an emulator or the console?

Ive got the actual game for PSX. Its win.

Don E. Delivery
05-31-2008, 07:36 PM

Yeah, I had that. I traded my cousin FFT for it, but then went out and bought FFT again. I think FFT is marginally better, but both were definitely worth the time I put in them.

Korisovra
05-31-2008, 10:12 PM

I just finished getting it for my pc. It actually looks pretty good.

Dr. Strange Lulz
06-01-2008, 12:00 AM
I can't believe I left off PaRappa the Rapper.

Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind...

Think I found my next sig theme right there.
And Jamven, you're a god for mentioning Oregon Trail.

FFT to this day makes me quite happy, still one of the worst translated games around but what can you do...

Anybody remember playing a game called Wonder Boy? You could throw tomahawks and ride dinosaurs n' shit.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2d/Wonder_boy_platform.gif

yak
06-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Sam & Max Hit the Road - Lucasarts churned out some hilarious adventure games during the 90's.

Not entirely unrelated: Sam & Max Season 1 Episode 4: Abe Lincoln Must Die - War Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CewyoAH_Kk)

Aekiel
06-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Abe's Odyssey was pretty funky back when I got my first PSX. Up until that point I'd been playing Jungle Strike and Sonic on the Sega Megadrive (Genesis in the US)... Or was it the Amiga 500... Can't remember >_>. Jungle Strike still kicked ass though.

Aekiel

Hari Seldon
06-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Psx: Legend of Legaia
Jet moto... Not the greatest games but fun none the less.
Twisted metal as someone previously stated

Sega saturn: Sonic 3d

Korisovra
06-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Just found Legend of Dragoon for PSX. Jungle Strike was Genesis, along with Desert Strike and something Strike. Had 'em all at one point.

Skykes
06-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Sam & Max Hit the Road - Lucasarts churned out some hilarious adventure games during the 90's.

Not entirely unrelated: Sam & Max Season 1 Episode 4: Abe Lincoln Must Die - War Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CewyoAH_Kk)

Truth. The monkey island serious was awesome -the last 1. Grim fandango was funny in its own was as well. Monkey island was definitively the best for me though especially the first.

The Deadman
06-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Pokemon Red-Still a pretty good game, I have fond memories of making small children cry when I smacked their uber powerful Mewtwo with something weak. 'Twas funny as hell.

Medal of Honor (ps1)-You can't go wrong with Medal of Honor.

Super Mario Bros.-Draws me back to the Super Nintendo occasionally.

Donkey Kong for SNES-First game I ever got for a video game system.

Star Wars the Phantom Menace for PS1-Fist game I ever recieved for PS1.

Those games are the ones that I remember most from my old game systems.

Onlyhestands
06-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Some old favorites of mine:
Snes: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III
GBC: Pokemon Yellow, I played this until the buttons on my Game Boy stopped working.

Imperator Pesmerga
06-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Suikoden II will always be my favorite game.

Poytin
06-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Mortal Kombat for the SNES will always hold a memorable place in my mind.

Along with the original Sonic the Hedgehog.

Surprisingly enough Earthworm Jim for the SNES. Loved that game.

Argosh
06-22-2008, 02:51 AM
Occasionally I run and start blasting away at the demons in DOOM (I & II).
Then there's the light workout in playing UFO/X-Com and when I'm really masochistic, TFTD.

yak
06-22-2008, 03:26 AM
Surprisingly enough Earthworm Jim for the SNES. Loved that game.
Cow launcher! Earthworm Jim roxored my soxorz.

That is so 1990's. < <

Aekiel
06-22-2008, 03:44 AM
ToeJam & Earl was brilliant back when I first got my PS1. God, I still remember playing the demo version and begging my dad to buy it for me :p.

No Earthly Clue
06-22-2008, 03:49 AM
Toejam & Earl freaking ruled. First game I got for my ps1, brought me out of my fixation with the original Ninja Gaiden for NES. That game ruled, as well.

slasheh
06-23-2008, 08:22 PM
PC:

Basically ANY lucas arts adventure (with special mention for indiana jones 4, probably the best adventure ever made)

civilization (first 1 and then 2)

Warcraft 2 + addon (beyond the dark portal) Probably the first rts i ever played (can't remember when i bought C&C) but regardless which was earlier it was definitly better :p

Starcraft + addon

Diablo (1+2+addons)

Jagged Alliance 2 (not that old, less than 10 years but a milestone in my gaming experience)

Consoles:

NES:
Not many games come to mind which stood out, probably castlevania 1+2 those kept me entertained for a long time

SNES: Street fighter (though with modern perspective the Tekken series is MUCH better)
Starwing
Turtles in Time
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario Cart

PS:
Tekken (i think the first was a PS game, not 100% sure anymore)
FF 6

PS2:
Tekken 3 (this one i am sure of :p)
Guitar Hero (not old enough to be honest compared to the other games on my list, but the only game made in the last 5 years which i will surely still play in a few years)

Those are the games which had the most influence on me, or which i played again and again. There are some more where i don't remember the names (there was a futuristic race game on the SNES but i'll be damned if i can remember what it was called)

JoJo23
06-24-2008, 03:39 PM
The first 3 tekkens were for ps1. Tekken 3 was awesome.

Havoc
06-25-2008, 12:22 AM
I have to say that Street Fighter III: Third Strike holds a special place just because my friends and I pull it out every now and then.

Dareycow
10-07-2008, 03:20 AM
Original Nintendo - Double Dragon and Mario (with Duck Shooting)

Super Nintendo - Mario Party (I think that was super)

Nintendo 64 - Mario Kart 64, Mortal Kombat, Super Smash Bros. and best game of all time on Nintendo 64.... CONKERS BAD FUR DAY!!!

Although they wrecked Conkers Bad Fur Day when they brought it out revamped on Xbox. Single player still fun, but the multi-player sucks now. (Conkers Bad Fur Day: Reloaded)

Janus
10-07-2008, 03:54 AM
I still play Chrono Trigger and SO2 when I get bored, but that isn't the point at the moment.

How, pray-tell, the fuck, has Planescape: Torment only gotten a footnote in this thread? And by the creator no less! Epic story-telling, mind bending plot, fucked up on a scale that DLP would adore, not to mention you can convince people they don't exist.

And when they admit it, they don't any longer.

Hell, I'd like to see a P:T/HP cross-over. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named could very easily become The Nameless One. xP

The Sour Kraut
10-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Planescape: Torment was great, but it isn't that old. Nevertheless, it is one of my all time favourites.

The very first game I played was, if memory serves, Alex Kidd in Miracle World. I remember not being able to beat it once.
Oh yes, those times when you couldn't save and wanted to throw the console out of the window when your last life was spent.

@yak:
I played the first of the new Sam&Max ones. It was okay, but couldn't hold up to the humour and sheer awesomeness of the original.
And while we're at it: Simon The Sorcerer!

EDIT: Only saw the date of the last two responses, didn't realise the thread was three months old.

Lightning_Fury
10-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Age of Empires--- Don't know if anyone mentioned that yet but that was awesome.

Red Alert 2 yuris revenge was the most awesome Pc game ever:)

Transworld surf---Best Ps2 surfing game to ever come out.

Blaise
10-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Does anyone still play Liero (aka Worms) ?

Aekiel
10-09-2008, 12:29 PM
I play Worms Armaggedon & 4 occasionally, though generally only when friends are around.

MellowYellow
10-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Sonic for Sega Genesis is my favorite game of all time, followed by starcraft.

Oz
10-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Wait, guys... No House of the Dead? D:

Bukay
10-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Does anyone still play Liero (aka Worms) ?

Liero :D damn, I've spent hours playing it at school... Gauss gun, super shotgun and spikeballs rule... I had also this cool version with submarines instead of worms.

Not to forget the original Worms... Good times...

yak
10-09-2008, 09:30 PM
One of my shames is having never played Planescape: Torment. It's old enough that you can't buy it on back catalogue.

The original Sam & Max was awesome. I still think Monkey Island I & II are much better though.

Kate
10-10-2008, 09:03 PM
My favorite old time game would definitely be Super Mario 64.

Me and my friend would go to her house every day after school and play until her father threw us away from the TV.

Another favorite would be Rayman (the first one).

Jamven
10-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Breakout
Pitfall

/me dusts off his Atari 2600

eXcalite
10-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
MGS1
Diablo2
Tomb Raider 2
Goldeneye

Best games ever.

Janus
10-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Hell yes Golden Eye, forget Halo.

Argosh
10-11-2008, 02:55 AM
Found and played ... 'Sokoban', online. o_O

yak
10-11-2008, 03:35 AM
Yet Another Sokoban Clone
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sokobanyasc/

Gizmore
10-12-2008, 04:26 PM
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
C&C
Red Alert
Age of Empires
Doom2
Duke Nukem3D
Starcraft (best game ever)
Diablo
Diablo2
Half-life

if you don't love all of these games, you suck.

Zombie
10-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Legend of Dragoon > All. I think I only saw one mention of it.

Tekken 3 along with the other two, were some of the first fighting games I played that wasn't Street Fighter.

Abe's Odyssey was pretty funky, indeed, but I played the hell out of it. It always pissed me off when I first started on it trying to get all the slaves through the portals-- make it to where they need to jump, and one of the monsters would kill one or two of them before I could get them all in-- leaving me to have to restart.

Sorrows
10-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Tomb Raider 3, I used to fight to get a turn on that game.

kluty314
10-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Red Alert 2, that game rocks awesomely.

Innomine
10-12-2008, 06:32 PM
A game I doubt anyone here knows.

Escape Velocity.

That game was so total fucking win. It is what got me into gaming.

Janus
10-13-2008, 04:21 PM
A game I doubt anyone here knows.

Escape Velocity.

That game was so total fucking win. It is what got me into gaming.

HELL YES!

>> I may have even went so far as to buy the full version.

(Also may have went to Ambrosia's site to DL Nova after reading this.)

chronic dragon
10-13-2008, 10:28 PM
I beat Legend of Zelda: A Link the the Past every couple months.

Play pokemon every once in a while, never get too far though.

Super Mario Bros. 1, lost levels and 3, Super Mario World.

Evran
10-21-2008, 01:41 AM
1. Super Mario 64
2. Both Zeldas for the 64
3. Star Fox 64. Me, my brother, my uncle, and little cousin would play this game on 4 player for hours.
4.Goldeneye ^^^^^ same
5. Basically I miss my 64, thank god my friend Introduced me to the world of Emulators and Roms