1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Call of Duty: World at War

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Dark Lord Rostam, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Call of Duty returns to World War II and the full length trailer for the new game is out.

Link

I think the new game looks all right, but I would prefer if they stuck to Modern Warfare and looked deeper into that than revisit WWII.

2. Lightning_Fury

Lightning_Fury Sent Back to India

That Looks Freekin Hot. ?Ridiculously HOT!
    I still don't have the 4th one =(

3. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

Yeah, this game looks pretty good so far, little to early to tell. There's already way to many WWII era shooters, do we really need another even if it's well done? They had something good going with Modern Warfare. I really wish they had stuck with that.

4. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    I believe that Modern Warfare was done by a different company. That was done by Infinity Ward and I think Treyarch is doing this. They switch off every year. So CoD 6 would revisit Infinity Ward and the Modern aspects of war, while CoD 7 would resume being a WWII shooter. It gives each company a lot of time to make the game better.

5. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

Really. I actually wasn't aware of that. Well, that won't be so bad then. I'll bitch about it being WWII, but I'm still pick it up and most likely like it. CoD 6 should be pretty badass if they have that long to work at it.

6. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Oh man maybe i should just blow my money on 360 just for this game....

7. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Going back to World War II seems like a downgrade. How ab out a World War One game? American Revolution (it CAN be done)? Civil War (ANY Civil War)?

There are enough WWII games. I'm sick of them. I probably will NOT be buying this, even if it is great. I liked Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. If I wanted to play a WWII shooter I'd go boot my old computer and play that online.

8. Immolo

Immolo High Inquisitor

Actually it just gives Infinity Ward time to make the game good. Treyarch were the ones who made CoD 3. CoD 3 was basically a shittier version of Cod 2. The higher ups determined after CoD 2 took so long that they just have the morons at Treyarch makes fill in version of the game.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  9. Boofers

Boofers Groundskeeper

I was hoping for a Modern Warfare expansion.. the solo campaign was kind of short.. Oh well I will still try this out.. Hopefully they did a better job than they did on CoD3