1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ong Bak 2 Promo Reel

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Novamute, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Novamute

Novamute Third Year

2. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Looks awesome. Fo-sho.

(I still think Jason Bourne would wreck his shit, though. With a rolled up magazine and a pen.)

3. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Tony Jaa is teh awesome.

I liked the first Ong Bak when I saw it.

This one seems to equal, or even surpass the previous one in greatness.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  4. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This looks like it'll be a lot more action packed than the first one, and far more violent.

I dug the scene in the reel where he "turns Muay Thai left fist into Kung Fu right claw"

5. Dark-Stallion

Dark-Stallion Professor

Is Ong Bak where that evil cripple gets crushed by that giant head at the end?

6. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

@Dark-Stallion: Yeah. Crushed him right after he beat down the guy that basically hulked out on steroids.

I liked the first one, because at one point, my friends TV has the capitons on because his step-father's deaf, and it said, [Techno Music Continues Playing.] I don't know whats funny about it, I guess the captioning, and how cheesey some of the expressions from the movie are translated for the deaf.

My favorite scene is where the group of thugs is chasing after him and he's jumping over people, and his buddy picks up a knife and starts swinging at them, and then a random woman with a cart of knives comes walking by.

I forget what his name was though, he had blonde hair, thats all I remember.

The second one does look like its going to be more action based. In the first one he was always trying to obey his instructor and not use his skills, no matter how kick-ass they were.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  7. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

The title "Ong Bak 2" is a scam. I doubt that's the movies title in Thailand, or wherever it was made. It's rather obvious that they don't take place in the same time period, let alone it being a sequel to Ong Bak.

It's attempting to cash in on the popularity of Ong Bak when it seems they have barely anything in common besides a lot of asskicking going down, and starring Tony Jaa.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely going to see it, but the title is misleading and obviously a marketing ploy.

8. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

It was the same with Revenge of the Warrior which was titled Ong Bak 2 too, at least here in germany. Btw. Revenge was better than Ong Bak imo

9. Dark-Stallion

Dark-Stallion Professor

I believe his name was 'George'; at least that is what the translation is.

The original was a good film, no doubt, and having tried Thai-Boxing a few times I can really appreciate the fight scenes, but I have to agree with Demons; it doesn't look like a follow on style sequal.