1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General Mafia Discussion

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I'll be reachable but won't be around for a couple weeks. My wedding is in a week or so. PM me or poke me on discord if people need me for things or you want to report a post, or whatever.

2. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    When you have a simple, basic setup, ping me!

3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I'm open to running the new WH ruleset next, but could wait until game after if people want another closed game.

4. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Kinda curious what people here think of semi-bastard modding in closed setups? Not like, the mod purposefully screws you to try and make something funny but like roles with hidden attributes/interactions, backups that aren't explicitly told but could maybe guess from roleflavor, that sort of thing.

5. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Not okay unless explicitly forecasted.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Not my cup of tea normally.

Being a vt with a hidden miller attribute has so much potential to fuck over the whole game.
    It doesn't make the game better or more fun for me.

7. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Played in one before, it depends on the site meta really. It worked to a certain extent there, because the site was focused on flavour, so roles with hidden bits to it worked from a flavour point of view.

Otherwise, it leads to apathy and mass confusion really.

8. Eidolonic

Can work, but needs to be up front that there are potential hidden components/flavor matters/it is more complex than usual.

As long as people know what they are signing up for, almost anything goes, and it's their choice in the end if they want to sign up for it or not.

9. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Yeah that's pretty much how I do it when I do it.

Generally speaking this sort of thing is positive aspects to roles and a way to let vanillas be more useful or at least have more excitement and it adds enough haze to let scum craft more subtle fakeclaims and avoid setup gaming pinning them down.

Also an unnannounced miller is bleh and what I'd consider just straight bastard modding (along with alignment changing mechanics). I'm kind of on the fence about doctor/cop sanities but I'd still play in a game that had them.

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Miller is stupid either way.

If the miller doesn't know they are one, then the whole situation becomes a farce (esp if it is not part of the flip) and ruins logic and games for no good reason.

If the miller does know then he just claims it on d1. Might still get lynched, but should never get checked by any cop.

11. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I've had a lot of fun playing semi-bastard setups. Natirasha (from mtgs/ms) makes some great ones.

"Semi" is important. I want to feel like there's a way for me to win.

12. Eidolonic

Next setup can be either:

1) Delphine's setup

2) The modified WH rules Kai and Co. have been hashing out to be more scumsided/forum friendly

3) TinyHunt + maybe a concurrent basic/micro game?

Unless nothing fires for a solid two weeks I won't be around for this, so. Hash things out. Maybe throw up a strawpoll and see what the demand is.

I will be reachable by PM if I'm needed, but I'd rather not deal with internet things on my honeymoon, so I beseech you all to behave. If I come back to reported posts because people can't be civil (or use their shift key) I'll be a cranky Eido.

13. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    What's Delphine's setup? I'm not familiar with it.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

First person who volunteers to run something gets my support.

15. Eidolonic

Delphine - Dunno if this is still something you're interested in potentially doing.

Revised ruleset WH is an option too, or a TinyHunt + possibly a 7-9 player micro or something starting on d2ish of TH to accomodate more players if need be.

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Think I'd vote for either Delphine's thing depending on the theme selected, or if not then the new WH ruleset.

I...COULD also volunteer to run a game (might be a bit of a breather, that last game was kind of exhausting), but I have only run one game and it was kind of a fiasco because it was Forum Apocalypse Mafia and FS got closed down earlier than expected. I'd probably want a co-mod who knows the ropes.

---------- Post automerged at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

(actually I'm wondering if I might not be better suited to running games than playing in them...I do kind of like sorting through the mechanics and actually knowing what's going on)

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'd vote for Delphine's game as well,

but that's mostly because I'd want to submit "Elsa".

18. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I'm at a point schedule-wise of either wanting to put up the (already drafted) signup thread within the next 24 hours or wanting to delay modding this/something else for a few months. Either way is fine with me; there seems to be no shortage of willing mods.

Vira and I decided on Nintendo Characters as a theme. Would like to have a neutral 3rd party to accept role name submissions on our behalf to limit potential bias in setup design (preferably Eido if he's not going full AFK). Would also appreciate Quiddity (who has already said he's out for next game) as a setup reviewer/another set of eyes too if he's up for it.

Hard/soft lynch rules as usual. 72 hour Days (maybe down to 48 at, like, 6 or less alive?)

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Yeah, locking it in, I'll either mod or co-mod for whatever's happening next. If no-one has anything they're super keen to run I'll come up with something. If anyone wants to offer help/advice that'd be great

---------- Post automerged at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

oh rofl never mind :V. That's what I get for not refreshing...
    I'll take obs on that though, if it's available

20. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I can host WH.