1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

He already explained his thought process, twice. You dismissing it again isn't a reason to explain it again.

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

There's a sense of anger and self-righteousness to Jan that I'm liking.

3. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I post, expecting a response, GH ghosts which is whatever. I'm waiting on a response. This morning I go into work. While browsing thread I see GH is back. I try and figure out if he responded to my post. No response. I get home, not only has he not responded, he's acting like the ball is in my court. Which tells me he wasn't actually interested in talking about it.

4. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Pretty sure that is just Jan naturally.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

I dunno, the last time I played with scum!Jan... while he didn't roll over and die there was none of this attitude when he was getting heat.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Called being pissed off when you sub in and are trying to solve and people are either stupid or ignoring you or both.

Plus my head hurts like hell but with less than 4 hours left in the day I don't really feel like I have the option to go to be now.
    Or rather I don't want to take that option.

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

Can you specifically link me to the post that you thought was asking GH to respond in some manner?

8. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Do you like Jan's content/pushes/reads/thoughts/whatever?

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

If an attack on my is justified I can take it as either alignment, but I will lash out when I feel people are talking out of their ass trying to bury me.

Funny enough that is the main part of fables and my play that overlaps.

10. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

SR iso:

His early posts are shading Miner for the Newcomb/Awac read thing that a few of us picked up on. My first thought was his "oh well it was OBVIOUS TO ME that Newcomb was just imitating Awaclus's quotes" line seemed a bit off because it's a hard habit to break for wolves to demonstrate they know more about stuff than town, but a search for SR in the MU discord, specifically the champs spec channel, has SR aware of Awac and even jokingly suggestion a game where everybody had to speak in Awac-style quotes. So that passes the smell test.

A question to .113 asking why he finds Scott town and follows up on it, decent look.

Cuth votes for SR, SR responds with some reasonable questions, and their eventual exchange is definitely something that I think SR gets the better of. He seems like he's taking genuine offense to Cuth's attack in posts like this:

---

In general I think SR's town. It doesn't feel like he's driving the thread in a particular direction, moreso that he's just naturally taking note of the things that are of interest to him and working from there. Feels pretty at ease with the thread but in a villagery way more than a slick, thread driving way, and I like it.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

I kinda agreed with his Stanari read, I thought his Newcomb read was wrong, although not necessarily in a way that was scum!indicative, and I'm probably going to sheep the Vaimes read because the holy trinity has foretold that Vaimes is town.

12. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Fluff’s EXTREMELY ACCURATE VOTAL
    ~
    GH (6): Zack, Stanari, Cuth, dyachei, Vira, Koalas
    Cuth (5): Vaimes, tom, Swedish, Jarizok, weiyaoli
    Koalas (4): Proph, fonti, Miner, yeav
    Stanari (2): Scott, GH
    .Jan (2): Newcomb, Fable
    113 (1): Revenant

Abstain (3): Tsaiah, Jan, .113

12 to soft lynch, 18 to hard lynch

Dey end in 4.25 hours

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

@Jan

OK, since you're not voting anyone, can you give me your shortlist of who you're up for lynching today? Priority obviously on the 3 main wagons, but this is CFD-land so...

14. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't hold my thoughts back/yes I structured this weird isn't an explanation. It's a statement. I know it's weird. He knows it's weird. I want to know why it's weird.

15. GeneralHankerchief

Koalas, was this the post you wanted me to pick up on?

16. fontisian

No. He admitted to idea not being succesful, but that he couldn't have known that as town going into it, so attacking that doesn't make sense.

He had already explained why be saw Vira and Miner's reactions as slightly different. And he talked about why your precise his scum play didn't really make sense.

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I am in the process of consuming food, so my hands are a little full, but I'm back.

18. GeneralHankerchief

Actually I don't feel like waiting for the response, so I'll just say this now:

I don't think Vira's and Miner's reactions were identical. This is why I bothered to differentiate them. If your point of contention with me is that you think they are identical then it's just a case of us reading things differently and we're not going to get any further in this.

19. fontisian

And, even if you think he didn't really answer you, you shoukd think there's a possibility he missed it and ask again. That being the thing that got you ti the apparently very important decision of placing a vote is weird.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Not sure.

I have been trying to sort through the game by looking to read the people that I think I should have a somewhat easier grip on or have less content to read.

Just finished a tsaiah iso and think she is likely town. God damn it copying a name from the user field keeps it green. Whatever.

I have a solid towncircle that are mostly people that I would think to be misslynchbait down the line.

A part of me just wants to burn Newcomb/Fable alive, but that might just be the spiteful demon in the back of my head.

I am somehow dreading to read cuth, zack, visor or GH because they tend to be spamheavy from what I know, plus I have barely any experience reading them anyway.

I read Vira earlier and thought she was underwhelming in a more towny way. I think she would have done more as scum and look better overall, but that is far away from a ride or die read, but not someone for today.