1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

Lmao.

Get good before you talk shit.

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I kind of want to say Vira is town because it feels harder to get into that specific Hell Headspace as town?

I'm not sure how much of this is just...reflexive empathy, though.

3. .113

.113 Squib

Sorry for my language at times, I'm a bit pissed off ..
    remember this when I flip

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Where the hell are the scum in this game.

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Enough.

Vote: Vira

I don't buy Vira having a strong town read on Reg based on him writing out a scumead he likely had before replacing in and his general wordiness. I think the bit about him maybe cheating (he wasn't) is a reflection of some of the things she was talking in scumchat. And the other points against her are still valid. We need to lynch Vira today.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You didn't bring up anything new to me, I had already thought about Newcomb's lack of head getting inti amd talked about his lack of impact. I think his eod 2 post outweighs it for now.

6. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Ok, I don't think I can devote the time to actually going through Stanari in detail. I skimmed their posts, and didn't really catch anything I thought was too odd. In general, even if I disagree with their reads, their thought process is just so painted onto the thread it's so hard for a wolf to fake I think.

I even tried to limit it to just her votes, and that didn't really help my read either way.

What are your thoughts on that post by Yeti?

7. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    No spoiler. Sorry not sorry, but no one reads shit when I spoiler it.

113 posts (only selected, not all posts):
    Found this a little odd. And a real stretch. The stretch part feels kind of towny, but it's on a wolf read which might just be a fake read.

I don't get why he needs to color code things.

This stuck out to me. Look at the thing about miner. It's got minor wolfpoints, but he's not reading into it? It is the very definition of hedge.

Here's where the hedge on scott begins.

He goes into detail here on his yeavoxx read. But it's super hedgy.

I find this a little weird because he had a ton of derps last game as a wolf, but I don't really think it's a common tactic?

Here's part of his proph push. We know proph was town. Included for completeness.

Dismissal of a case on him.

I find it funny part of the wolf read on fable is that fable is more relaxed. Again, though, look at the hedging.

I don't remember why I grabbed this. Sorry.

I hate how much he hedges on me in games. I don't think i'm that hard to read.

Bolded pings me.

Ok, but koalas isn't a wolf and you keep making associations with him. Now that we have his flip, I don't see a change to any of your reads.

Other than the fact that we have a flip, it's all based on associatives, again.

This almost feels like a pocket attempt.

Well, would you look at that. An excuse that he picks up on to town read scott after a couple pushes? It doesn't feel like a real read.

This also feels more awkward than I'm used to for 113. Awkward explanation for foot in mouth is usually scum.

Dismissal of another case.

And more. I get being frustrated, but at least I still tried to answer questions?

Hedging on Cuh now. And I thought Koalas was scum for him previously?

Now scott is more village than he was before. Look at his read on fonti and tell me that he's not leaving himself an out. And also pay attention to his vira read.

But now vira is scum. Also, I hate this from him. I don't fake emotion ever.

And I don't like that he basically doesn't try to read me. He wants to sheep other people on their read of me.

Meh on this post.

He has me as kind of towny until he makes this list. His hedge on me is unbelievable. Not to mention, his read on fonti has changed drastically, and Wei.

He doesn't really explain this.

HATE this. Seriously. He's basically saying "If other people call her scum, I will, too!"

Yes, wolves do this on occasion to go deep. It's not super typical, but it happens, and it certainly wouldn't clear you. Also the use of the term "real wolfbuddies" bugs me.

These are the cases he's making. They are so superficial. They feel fake.

Why is he so stuck on talking about this? Is it because it's easier to talk mechanics than content? I think yes.

I also don't like this on a visceral level.

Another dismissal. A couple people were townreading yeti, but she's mostly UTR. Why *shouldn't* I bring her up if I have concerns?

Also don't like the self-awareness here.

8. fontisian

While Vira can and has done it as both alignments, this particular reaction is much closer to her past scumplay.

9. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

...okay do you want to talk about that? I made a long post about it and it was just

completely

ignored.

By everyone except Stan, who asked for it, and addressed it briefly.

tl;dr: I think his EoD2 post is quite wolfy, and there's a major point about it that multiple people have brought up and asked him about that he is literally just avoiding responding to. Three people on three occasions, including Zack, whom the read was about, and he just posts unengaged catchup stuff about random recent posts. Despite repeating that hearing why people think his cases are bad/he's wolfy is a big part of how he reads them, and describing how town!him tries to actually figure people out? Apparently not.

10. fontisian

Based on your previous statements, now that's Vira's back, you should be voting for her.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I mean, I talked about Newcomb for a bunch of posts just before your case, so I figured you knew where I stood.

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Oh yeah. Mostly didn't think it was a super reasonable criticism, don't remember what I was specifically going to argue with though.

12. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Can you explain this first:

Is this a meta read of Vira, or do you disagree with how she got the town-read itself?

13. .113

.113 Squib

dyachei I know you said youd ignore my thoughts on it but just to clarify, and i've said this again and again, the 2 minute thing wasn't a fucking case. It was a question. One I didn't get an answer to. I never once said or implied it was a case.

And the "mechanics" question, is just... It was brought up in the thread, the discussion was there about he 3rd shot, I joined in. I didn't just randomly pop a mechanics thought.

14. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    It produced shade whether you intended it to or not. I think you intended it to.

15. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'll look at your ISO.

Here are the relevant posts:

I think it’s a misunderstanding.

I don’t find Miner’s initial comment about 113’s posts to be bad. 113 said “the scum team is (three names)” so Miner’s comment comes out as sarcastic because 113’s wording implies the scum team is only three people.

113 then replies with disbelief because Miner has seemingly missed his point and is trying to disparage his scumreads by basically saying it doesn’t count because 113 doesn’t have two-three more people to add to it.

Miner then has a weird reply and concentrates on Dya’s inclusion or lack of inclusion.

Jari sees 113’s true meaning and doesn’t get what Miner’s doing, because if you thought about it, there was no way 113 believed the scumteam was only three people and it must be a grammar error. Jari really doesn’t get Miner’s remark to the point he’s thinking of dropping Miner’s townread.

113 agrees with Jari’s read. He also doesn’t get Miner’s response to 113’s confusion about Dya. And neither do I.

Like.

@Miner

Did you take 113’s scumteam read as sarcastic because it implied 113 only thought there were three scum? Because I can’t think of any other reason for your comment. It can’t be about Dya, because you said 113 needed two to three scum, and Dya seems to be disconnected from the conversation.

The last post is about 113 adding Miner to his scumteam list and shading Miner for disappearing. Definitely dislike the latter and adding Miner to the list seems shallow because 113 doesn’t seem to be considering how Miner interacts with a scumteam of me, SR, and Kalas. If 113 did, it was beyond these set of posts, but as far as I can tell, it’s more a list of separate scumreads than a team.

Also, I spent two minutes staring the spoiler title box wanting to title it "Miner/113/Jari Gangbang." It was a hard choice.

16. fontisian

Both. I think it much more likely a read she would give as mafia, because she knows it's true.

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    @tsaiah
    Where are you at on 113?

18. .113

.113 Squib

Well, I did find it a weird thing to say.

19. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    FTR this is the thing that might make 113 town over basically anything else.

20. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Thanks!

Can you link your Newcomb case?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Whoa, when did I say this?