1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

Because the last time there was crazy nightkill stuff it was dakka?

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm just having trouble seeing that as a real thought, but okay I guess.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm sure this is going to garner me some weird looks, but I'd like to lynch Jari or Cuth today.

Kicking the can down the road? Probably. Do I care? A little, but not that much.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Yeti
    I think Tsaiah has made a decent amount of content posts at this point; have you looked at her recently/what are you current thoughts?

3. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

I've got an hour or so before I have to leave for work, and also a ridiculous amount of sleep for once, so catch up time now, extended iso/wall time tonight. Spam incoming!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Back to what I was looking up when battery died:

Dya/Vira not w/w...? (Or Dya/me, but I knew that already ;) )

4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Font / Reg / Stanari.
    Fable / Vaimes / Wei / Tsaiah.
    Cuth / Dya / Miner / Yeti.
    Newcomb / Owner.
    113 / Jari.

@Miner

Did you see my question in my 113/Miner/Jari analysis post?

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

@Vaimes

How many in Cuth/113/Vira/Jari do you think?

6. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

Towny things:

I liked the way he seemed to reluctantly segueway off of his scumread of Jan after the mason claim--it stuck me more as reluctance to drop a scumread, which feels like a towny thing, than what would otherwise have to be some well-faked open backpedaling? And I kinda like his poking at potential derptells from other people like Scott, when he just came off using them as a tactic as scum in WH--it'd make sense that his mind would go there in a "what would I do as scum" way.

7. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    This...is kind of a headtilty readlist.

Please elaborate on Newcomb?

8. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

@.113 who all do you think are "twisting words"?

9. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Is this a read you got independently? squints

10. Newcomb

Hey Stanari I feel like you’ve been very softly defending me all game; what’s up with that?

11. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

Might be a good thing to look back at WH for comparison while isoing.

Stan, do you have any sort of comparitve analysis already floating around in your head there?

12. Newcomb

Elaborating:

Organic reads fluctuate and change and spike. Like, I was ambivalent on Vsimes and then spiked up. My read on Fable went from liking the nuance of a few of his posts, D1 to not liking his drop off D2 to thinking he made a lot of sense as a wolf not rocking the boat with v V v v wagons to townrrsding his defeatism.

Whereas your read on me for basically the entire game IIRC has been “light and cautious town, but defending me softly when others poke me”.

13. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

Hue, nope--I think I initially picked up on it from you, iirc.

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Fable - You dont have to reply to this if you don't want to but feel like it needs to be said. One of the first things I did when I replaced in was to interact directly with you where I wanted to talk with you about Dya but that went approximately nowhere. Was followed by you effectively ignoring my posts afterwards which meh I'll live with but I wasn't trying to 'guilt trip' or 'bully you', I genuinely wanted you to present some hard reasoning behind the Vira!Town read, sure your read might not change my mind (Though wasn't impossible to, RWYW should have shown you I can reasses re; Kai/DC but it at minimum helps me understand your thoughts better.

I don't like Owners re-entrance, it being at a time when people were bringing her name up as potential scum and her using the reasoning of 'Very hard to play as confirmed town' seems highly contradictory and something awfully hard for her to actually believe to be the case.

Can understand Fables stance on Newcomb here in that it's slightly irritating reading Newcombs posts since I've replaced in but I'm hoping it's all just due to him being at a friend's and him following through on his promise to get to this game properly on Sunday since I'm somewhat counting on him to help ensure Vira gets lynched here since my activity between now and deadline will be super spotty.

Really like Weis recent posting (Wanting to make sure he's not missing something re; Stanari for instance), has strengthened my town read there quite a lot.

@Wei - The Fable RE; SR part was that I think lynching a player you think you're competent in reading for policyeseque reasoning is rather weird to do, there's certain players here I think I can read well and wouldn't risk lynching until I get that level of confidence on them. That said I think I'm coming more around to Fable!Town here since there were a few of his posts where I'm not sure he could or would fake the level of "I'm done with you all" that would be needed as scum.

Viras re-entrance and reasoning for town reading me is super sketchy, I find it hard that with my biggest accusation being that she's not...gone into reads or shared reads much that she'd not actually start by explaining her empty vote at the start of the day but rather just state that I'm town for having a big post prepared (Which I'm pretty capable of doing as scum?) as is her reasoning for voting Jarizok here.

I need to take a look at Dyas case on 113 but not sure when I get the chance, without having read it though will say I'm pretty ???? on 113 in that he's moving between "This feels earnest and he might just be ML bait" to "Not sure how he can actually believe this stance and his reaction to pressure is well and truly off" with his Miner interaction and read being a lot of the latter.

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I mean I'm pretty sure my townread on you today has been anything but soft. I don't remember soft defending you much before that but if I did, I assume it's going to be because of some combination of being gullible and not wanting to lynch you early on.

16. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    That's about all of my notes I have time to type up, I'll try and sneak a bit more time at lunch.

@Newcomb - Vira gets lynched and flips scum, who's the top 3 people most likely to be with her do you think?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh and one more thing;
    We're reading different games here, right? I...do not see myself voting either here? Cuth could be scum I guess but I've got a weakish town read on him and am pretty comfortable putting him to the side for today at minimum while I'm feeling pretty good about Jari.

17. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

Huh. Last time I saw, you were poking at my readwall, so I'm a little surprised that I'm so high there. @Vira what's your reasons for a townread on me?

I've also got unaddressed questions for you in alerts (ignore if you've answered in the next few pages already).

18. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    [snark]

Yes, of course, I don't go into a game where I just played with five of the players without doing a running comparison lol.

I think that's...kind of just how my read always looks on content-oriented players who haven't been present enough for me to read them for things that aren't content. (For example, Tsaiah.)

19. Newcomb

That’s a decent question but not something I want to go into while phone posting. Also feels a little cart before the horse-y in terms of like, time management.

Relatedly, I’m pretty sure a red flip on Vira would clear your slot, not for the fact thst you came out swinging against her but for an early Zack/Vira interaction.

20. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Can you go into the Cuth TR? I ctrl-f'ed in your iso but couldn't find much. Optionally, also the Jari read.

(Two to three sentences will be perfectly sufficient, I don't need a wall with citations.)