1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

I... never told you to go away? You can act victimized by a post calling out your hypocrisy and act like it attacked you all you like but that's not what happened.

I don't feel like you had a presence on D2, either. Disappearance today aside.

If you're town I'm glad you're here but don't act like I told you to gtfo by pointing out you have SR two lowposters for things you're equally guilty of.

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    That's convenient, though I'm pretty sure your read is not for precisely the same reasons.

Like. 90%?

I feel vaguely baited here.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

If this is directed at me, I apologize. I'm not trying to make your experience worse, here.

But like... I'm asking you to hash this thing out that doesn't seem to make sense to me. I can ask it in a different way, I can explain why I think it's important, and I can even talk to you like you're 100% town and just try to come at it from that perspective, but the question stands.

4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm not talking to you.

5. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    This seems incredibly ungenerous.

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Vira - You're missing what I'm saying here, you earlier threw Vaimes into the null section "Because you'd not seen a Vaimes scum game" but are willing to use me coming into the game strong as the reason to town read my slot while not having seen a scum game and that very much being in my scum range. It feels like of the hardest reasons to believe from you here. Like I think you'd be more inclined to think Scum!Reg knows he's expected to have reads/thoughts and thus would attempt to mimmick a push as scum but that's not where you've gone to.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Has Vira not seen a scumgame from me? I know I definitely linked a scumgame in the WH, but I also think she pretended to read it so who knows.

8. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

It's called projection: you know you're doing something shady so you think everyone else doing it is also shady, or everyone else is also shady.

Cheaters call their SOs cheaters because they think everyone else is a cheater like them.

Vira does these things as scum and knows they're scummy so when she sees it in others, it's the easiest thing for her to call out.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Then what would you say Vira did on D2? Like I know she has posts, she has more than Owner on D2 by probably 20+, but I can't tell you what any of them said. Nothing stands out to me "oh yeah Vira did/pushed this."
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh she had her reads list with almost no scum reads then called Tsaiah out for the same that's what she did on D2.

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    @Newcomb
    If you think wolves have generally been hanging back than I don't see what's wrong with vira calling out owner. Like that's the direction we should be looking (maybe not specifically owner for reasons I'm willing to let play out but you get the idea) and I don't think scott had enough post to be able to solve his slot from just that.

Like you're basically saying wolves probably don't have a lot of thread presence and then asking vira why she's asking questions about people that don't have a lot of thread presence. But Vira has mostly been pushing Jari and Owner and 113 a bit which seems very logical with where we seem to be at.

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I think there were definitely attempts to do things on D2, so "Vira did nothing" seems overly harsh.

11. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

I'll go back and look. I know she made posts I just don't remember anything of value about those posts.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like I can't name who Vira's D2 top SR was or who she was pushing. Do you disagree with that, Stan? The absence of an actual scum push is what makes me say 'did nothing.'

12. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I do not disagree, but the lack of making anything happen does not always necessitate the lack of trying.

13. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Today, in Newcomb Continues Not To Do What He Said He Would Do and/or Is Doing: Episode 3, Newcomb continues not to do what he said he would do and/or is doing.

Evening.

14. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm not seeing why this is a problem?

Just because you lurk doesn't mean you can't point out others lurk. And being a lurker in no way excludes you from being able to make that observation?

Not sure what the problem is here.

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Newcomb - How'd you work out that was my plan!?

Quick dirty run down of where I'm at while I'm at work since I may not get a chance to do so again until maybe EOD if at all?

I'm very confident that Vaimes is town here, the same goes for Stanari.

I'm pretty confident you're town here; would have liked you to have had a different reaction and contribution since I replaced in but there's enough I don't think you can fake that I'm happy to just cross that off as you being busy and slightly cautious around me which is frustrating but understandable.

I'm pretty happy to agree with ruling out Wei now too.

I'm moving more and more towards "Fables probably town" here which is super irritating since I'd consider this a downgrade of his town play in WH8 because I loved playing with him there.

I really like the reasoning a few people (Particularly Fonti) have put forward behind Miner being town here, I've not had huge issues with his posting though I can kind of see a world where he's scum with Vira being a possibility which isn't great and something I'll probably look more into postflip if I'm right on Vira.

I'm in a similar boat with Yeti in that I've got a town read on her but it's not a read I feel as good about as I did earlier and don't think it's impossible she's with Vira here.

I've like Jarizoks reads and stances and kind of think he doesn't really fit with Vira if she's scum here.

I also kind of like some of Culths play and raisons say he might be town here but he actually fits in so many worlds that it's stupid to rule him out, just moving him to the side for now.

Kind of in a similar spot with Tsaih though I'd probably say I feel better about Tsaih than Cuth overall minus raisons?

I'm not anywhere near as confident as you or Fonti are about the Scott slot being town, I understand your reasoning there..just don't find it super compelling when combined with disliking Owners play so far, overall rate the slot slightly more likely town than not but it's one I'll be keeping an eye on and would like whatever you had that ruled out Fonti/Scott being a thing restated for me so I can rule out that tin foil world.

I'm in a pretty ehh spot with 113 where he's moving from "This feels like town that's going to get ML'ed at some point" to "I don't believe he believes what he's saying and he's just scum here", PoE says he's probably scum I guess but that's not something I have any confidence in here.

I'm in a pretty similar spot wtih dya though I need to go through her posting again particularly her case.

I still think Vira/Fonti is a very plausible world despite her saying this never plays out this way if they're partners but I'm kind of torn as to whether Fonti goes as far as she did with some of her posting yesterday if she's mafia?

And yeah, pretty confident Viras just scum here.

So like burn Vira and find her partners somewhere in Fonti/Dya/113/Scott/Culth/Tsaih/Yeti/Miner? But I don't really see Fonti/Yeti, Dya/Yeti and maybe not Dya/113 being things? Like, helap?

16. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

The problem isn't Vira pointing out others lurking because that's... not what she did. It feels like you intentionally mistook my argument to make Vira look better.

She went after two lowposters/lhf for two things she's also guilty of.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Can we get a vote count? I want to see how many, if any, people are voting .113 today.

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Would you get anything out of an abridged towncase on Tsaiah? Not sure I have time to do it right now but I can make some time for it before EOD.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Never going to say no to someone explaining their town read if they've got time for it, if you're more familiar with her than I am (Which is most certainly the case) then it'll probably help if not me at least someone at some point.

19. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

You know for as many walls as Regfan has posted, he has few words for why he's actually town reading his strongest townreads lately.

You'll notice I'm also having this subtle slide down in his reads that isn't really explained unless explicitly asked about and now it's "not impossible" I'm w/w with Vira. Convenient?

Everyone in his PoE, even those he's like "well I have reasons to like so maybe town but could not be," has more written about them than the "I feel really good X is town." and that's all.

I don't think he's faking town reads, I think he might be faking scum reads or feeling the need to set up his PoE so that he has a reason to suddenly drop anyone in it to would-lynch if the wagons go that way.

If Vira is town I think .113/Regfan should absolutely not be ruled out. Look at that .113 read.. massive hedge.

20. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I ISO'd Vira again. There's nothing from today I feel comfortable making a read on due to its nature, and I still have no damn idea about before, because play doesn't line up with meta and... iunno her posting's... if not neutral per se neutral wrt ai-ness.