1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Jari, back on Fable, again, but reread his posts d1. There's no agenda there. His posts are really organic.

(and even if they weren't, he busses like a SOB).

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I mean, I was and still am townreading him.

3. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    You asked for convincing. I'm giving you my reasons for townreading him.

I just don't think this behavior comes from scum!fable.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

Does Fable always bus? Or is this purely RWBY meta?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also lol thunderdome lol 113 lol everything.

5. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    He always busses. Like every single game I've played with him as wolf. And he does it rather ruthlessly.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I also have not and will not read RWBY.

6. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I wasn't aware that mild exaggeration is wolfy?
    ...this, uh

This is just you blatantly going into the ISO subjectively with the assumption/mindset/perspective that I'm a wolf? Cool, cool.
    ???????????????????!?!

It was one of the reasons? I gave, like, three? Several other people were primarily pushing him for that? It's still not a thing either way, and this post is still blatant misrepresentation of what's in the quote.
    Dude. .113 was in my ???s/low v-read for something i don't even remember. Stanari literally asked for someone to talk about .113. "Lacking initiative" is... both incredibly player-dependent, and... why would/should i even have had initiative in that specific case? This just feels like you're making points up. I hope that's the case.
    ...you have no idea how badly I want to respond to these with just an ellipses, but.

a)you ignore several posts I made, asking for Vira isos, talking about those, nobody else really responding, so you criticizing my progression after ignoring the majority of it is awful
    b)comparing readslists from early d2 and mid d3 and saying that the fact that they don't line up is weird is mildly disingenuous
    c)here, have some quotes

You ignore these. You literally compare my current reads and my reads from over 96 hours ago, say that they don't quite mesh, and call me wolfy for it. And ignore my posts in between. I have no words.

geewhaddyathink

That's not what the post says.

To address that point, though, SR was upset because I wasn't reevaulating him. I didn't have the time to do so at the time, and realized that my read had been fairly static and I was still largely basing it off a couple of posts and reading him through that light, so I moved him up to a null and was planning to go through in more detail. Then he died.

Also I've done this before, arguably to a much greater extreme,, also as villager, can link to that game.

...see above

What the hell.

1) a null-read is 100% what i was saying the day before
    2) how the hell is Newcomb being that low not real???
    3) regardless of the sheer arrogance of this post
    4) you can't just iso, assume someone's a wolf, ignore half their posts, and think you'll find anything but a wolf
    5) please feel free to point out at greater length why any of it is "not real", i'd love to hear it
    Maybe because I, unlike you, don't enter every damn interaction with the assumption that I know peoples' alignments? Also, "vote out of nowhere" is uh

to refer to my trusty lists

a)blatantly false
    b)ignores my posts
    c)i talked about it and tried to engage others about it at length, this wasn't just some random vote for lols, I talked through the entire damn thing
    I did it because Stanari asked me to. That particular post wasn't the source for my wolfread on him or the impetus for my vote, and I was not "trying to show people he's scum", just have a discussion about my read.

Which seems to be nothing nobody in this game is interested in whatsoever, regardless of the situation or context.

Also, it's a good thing that I didn't approach that post with the mindset you're displaying in this post. Not bad. Good.

I NEVER VOTED VIRA
    I NEVER VOTED VIRA
    I NEVER VOTED VIRA
    I NEVER VOTED VIRA
    I NEVER VOTED VIRA
    I NEVER VOTED VIRA

I never even wolfread her. This post is just flat out untrue.
    Because I might be wrong? If I am, I'd like someone to show me?

????

vote: Jarizok

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

Also lol th
    He said that he was "rewriting his wolf meta" in RWBY so excuse me for being a little confused.

Is the bussing itself indicative of his scumgame? Like, would town!Fable not ruthlessly go for scumreads that way? Or is it just that he's super accurate as a wolf since he's bussing?

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Correction I said I was screwing up my meta in general in RWBY and I was referring to me fighting with Zen because I was trying to replicate things that happened in WH8 because I thought that's what people expected of me.

9. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    The latter.

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    @Miner
    I want a broader reads post from you please!

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'll be back at around 8 est. Class.

12. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Sometimes I wonder if I'm going crazy, because I feel like very noteworthy things happen, or points are raised that are extremely objectionable, or stuff, and just

nope

nothing

nobody talks about it.

Is it because of the way I'm addressing it, the content, the whatever? Do people not care?

13. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Do you think this is a gameflow thing with alignment indicative significance?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Pop quiz: how many scum are there in this list?

Vaimes
    Newcomb
    Fable
    Owner
    Yeti
    Wei
    Regfan
    Tsaiah
    Miner

14. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I don't get it from any other perspective?

Probably 1-2? Three is possible.

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'm going to say two scum voting for me, and one of them's definitely yeti.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if both dya and yeti were scum depite their fights, because they're not really going anywhere and the two of them are sort of conspicuously ignoring their scum reads on each other to go after me.

Jari attempting a hit job on Cuth when I was thinking of calling Cuth scum makes me want to defend Cuth. But. I think tge points are shitty enough tgat Cuth's indignation shouldn't be read as towny.

.113 asking about him and miner being run up is ... kind of something I think might be town. I'd like @Newcomb 's thoughts on it.

Also, Newcomb shoukd have realizes I'm town by now, and I'd like him to come in with the defense, because I really really be bothered to deal with.

I .. really think the Fable townreads are bad. And I understand I could easily be tge bad one gere. I guess I'm saying watch his reaction to tge flip tomorrow. And if Vira is town, kill his tmiing ass.

Reg, you're being dumb and it's really frustrating me. I thought a thing early on was clearing for Vira, then she had this sort of carefree attitude towards me when I questioned her about her townread of me (because it felt weird and too strong. That's also not what scum!Vira does to a partner, btw.) So, I slotted her in as town and tried to figure out the 20+ other spamming players. Then I got detailed by GH and Proph being killed over Kalas for some ungodly reasons, and while I tried to branch out d2, it was difficult to get over how little sense anything kalas was saying. Then he flipped town, you replaced into a slot I didn't not like at all, with some reads I did not agree with (though I now concede the Newcomb one). You dropped the vira wall and I thought it was pretty accurate towards her as a person but not completely convincing, so I decided to back off and see if Vira's response would convince. Then she didn't respond, and I thought she might have been frozen scum, so I tried to provoke a response. It worked, and the response was remarkably similar to that game she was caught out in final three, except more defeatist. But, I really wanted to be sure on this, so I backed off and tried ti placate to give her a chance to give that really towny response. She still hasn't. During this, I got to start talking to you and I don't think you cam grasp how amazing it was to actually be able to bounce ideas in this shitty, shitty game. I think Newcomb described it as being like a breath of fresh air? It was just a relief, and that made me townread you, though I was slightly worried that was playstyle bias and you were using it ti defend your partners. Vira becoming increasingly scum to me helped assuage that, but I still had some doubts, and I figured voiceing them would keep town you alive later and potentially save us from.scum you. I'm still slipping towards hard town reading you, but I'm also just annoyed that you don't understand the stuff with Vira never goes down this way if I'm scum, because while I do out there things with my partners to get townread, this approach would only have a chance of convincing you and Newvomb a bit while sacrificing a partner, and that's not how I play.

I think you're tone reading yeti when you shouldn't while also correctly picking up the way she's distracting from Vira, providing reasons Vira is town, setting up mislynches for when she flips on me and miner (while claiming no one has given reasons miner is town, when I did earlier today, and that's something she should habe noticed), and potentially setting up a defense if bussing!partner .113, all while never stepping over the line of defending vira. I think Yeti is naturally aggressive and correctly thinks it gets her townread, so any townread on that demeanor should be secondary to reads on what she's actually trying so, and that's scum motivated as fuck.

16. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I mostly agree with this.
    --- Post automerged ---
    If you really believe this, you have bigger problems.

I'm ignoring that she's on you because sometimes, wolves BUS. Also, sometimes, my reads are wrong.

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Okay, but what does it mean? For you, and for the other people who have felt this?

18. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I have no damn idea.

19. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Lol. Does this play into your Vira and Dya reads at all?

20. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

With dya maybe a bit? Less so with vira, i don't remember her having quite the same type of issues with the thread/being as vocal about it?

Do you think Jarizok is a villager?