1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

My favorite team right now is Citrus / Jarizok for the last roll of the dice play.

Anyone who thinks I'm scum with beru is admitting to the world they have no idea how to assess my play. For some of you, that's forgivable. For others, not so much.

2. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'm fairly confident both are town here.

If you're town, try and play with me here for a second; Say the mod comes in and confirms all of Newcomb/Stanari/Jarizok/Eido/Nego/Citrus as town and told you that both remaining scum are therefore in DLGN/NH/M7/Vaimes, what's the order you lynch them and why? What teams inside there do you think are likely/unlikely?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think I've got M7/Vaimes as pretty unaligned; interaction between the two of them, the way M7 stated his Vaimes read, his comment re; Vaimes/Gemma/Him being town and fucking winning this thing etc.

M7/NH feels like a very real possibility here with the weak gut town read on him that was explained awkwardly when Stanari asked him about it with no real follow through from him on the re-looking at NH aspect.

His analysis on Tsaiah in 1098 when the wagon came up on Tsaiah isn't great in that I can see it being a way scum go about hedgy-ly commenting about a partner being wagoned. Can see the argument that the vote on Fenwicked timing wise and the sort of huge pre-emptive sort of explanation/excuse behind the vote in 1452 has a lot of scum motivation at a time when the wagon/lynch possibilities seemed to be Bears/Fenwicked with an offshoot of Kai. His stance on Empoof v Beruru upon coming back yesterday in 2741/URL] is a little odd in that it's the opposite of his prior stances on the two slots, hard to tell how much of this is actually readable given there's a big chunk between the two times he read the game and posted the stances?

I really really really don't understand the unvote and movement to Kai in
    2863 when he'd not had a single mention of Kai before that other than saying "he has no idae on Kai and he's a coinflip" and had a prior scum read on Bears and never really posted anything to suggest he actually didn't think they could be scum, and had a scum read and stated scum reasoning on Empoof while saying he doesn't think Empoofs last posts were town before moving? Like it's just ?????????????? I can't follow anything of his then, but then I go "What's he doing as scum", like he knows the lynch stays between the two of them 99% of the time and him unvoting and moving isn't going to stop the lynch from going through, so like, he's unvoting and moving is going to make him look bad post-flip regardless of which flips? I dunno, I'd like some other people to weigh in on him.

And most importantly, I'd like him to get back to the game when he can and post his reads/analysis, explain what he was thinking around the EOD and his reads post-flips.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Just really hard to follow many of his read progressions this game, outside of bringing up Eido or Citrus here or there it's all over the place, and it's hard to decide how much of that is attributed to RL stuff going on and him having big chunks of time away from the game and then inhaling a lot of new content and changing his thoughts due to it. Or if it's just a case of there's no actual thought progression because he's scum. Interaction wise he looks pretty atrocious, particularly EOD1 & EOD2 with his votes/unvotes & reasoning behind it all. Part of me thinks it's just a case of "Scum team were trying to save each other so much because none of them ever got town read and they got boxed in super early and he's just scum here" but then I'm looking for a partner for him and it's...well yeah, like exactly NH if he's scum almost? Like he sort of makes a /little/ sense with the Jan slot or the Kai slot too I guess but then there's the "Interaction between Jan/M7 about playing their own separate game in the thread with Tsaiah/Bears and maybe Kai" is a little on the nose if that's the team? And his unvote when it's w/w to move to Kai if it's M7/Kai is also ??? like maybe the thought process is "We have to win by being read as not W/W and if I vote you here, they won't link us" but it doesn't feel that thought through at all?
    --- Post automerged ---
    A little part of me thinks that this might actually just be Jan being cheeky and posting the entire scum team here, it's something that I think is very Jan!Like since he loves to be able to brag about "Scum claiming and getting away with it" and with two of the names having flipped scum and the other two being people in my PoE this is a super amusing theory.

3. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Think the move to Kai is ‘it’ll look good cos I’m voting scum’ once Kai flips, which is obviously going to happen and that way maybe M7 thought a cfd on not-scum /could/ have happened. Not a stellar move either way, but team hail mary at this point so...
    --- Post automerged ---
    Kai also had the spoiler with “there’s at least 2 more”. Maybe there was a competition in scum team about who could scum claim the most. Xept they can’t all three be scum.

4. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Loooooool wolves.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I still love you, empoof.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Alright mb for defending empoof but I maintain that the reasoning there was poor and gross and apparently doubly gross having a wolf use sick meta to push a partner, jfc.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Think that locks in a couple people as town, notably Reg, but I'll have to go back to get a full list beyond that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I wasn't in a chat with fonti; anybody claiming that they were?

5. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Citrus is.

6. KaiDASH

Hi regfan.

I'll have to do some reading and get back to you on that because they're people I haven't really considered much this game.

Anyway let's talk about Citrus.

1. His play around beru for day 1 and most of day 2 was the epitome of intentionally weak scum on scum play. His play around tsaiah/empoof reads like scum trying to get their inactive & unhelpful buddy to do things.

Highlights include (in chronological order)
    a. A null read on both
    b. Naked vote on beru
    c. Another null read on both
    d. Some improvements to beru read
    e. Almost naked vote on tsaiah
    --DAY TWO--
    a. Naked vote on beru
    b. His wall post, that you guys all liked but I thought was bad ** (I have more thoughts on this post)
    c. Implies that his naked vote on beru will actually make beru do anything. Also mentions empoof/tsaiah totally unprompted.
    d. Some empoof questions. This reads like 'hey, I'm going to give you some softballs so you can post more easily'. All of the replacements were similar in their activity level (low) but only empoof gets noticed by Citrus.
    e. More empoof assistance.\
    f. "what if, after beru is lynched we lynched Nothing Happens and not empoof"
    g. >sad empoof related noises
    h. The transition to solo carry
    >sad empoof related noises
    i. >sad empoof related noises
    j. He finally makes a case for lynching beru, about 6 hours before day 2 deadline
    ** - A few words on this post, he has some unexciting townreads, a very basic scum grouping (scum are here -> proceeds to list half the game) and only has any kind of detailed thoughts about me. And his detailed thoughts are junk: He says my game posts are towny, but due to low activity he's essentially forced to scumread me, which doesn't jive with how he listed me as his #1 scum read.

2. His play today assumes that we have more info than we do, which is an easy mistake to make as scum when the game is on your back.

Firstly, how would scum know anything about a Citrus / fonti chat? (They wouldn't)

Second, how would scum know about Citrus after killing fonti? (They wouldn't)

He's forgotten that ordinarily scum doesn't have access to any of that info, but his play is like "of course scum know all of these things, why wouldn't they?"

Third, how does having a dead QT friend make you town? (It doesn't)

7. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    This can't be a real thought btw.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay, thanks. I assume we got some parting thoughts from fonti, will look for them.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I did not troll.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Nor did I intend to tilt but I can't discount your reaction to it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I would accept that accusation if I had tried to actually save someone but if you think I kick and scream to push it off one partner onto another you're out of your mind.

I townread tsaiah and hated the push on that slot for both 1. who it was coming from and 2. the reasoning was disgusting. I think I made that clear and hey, no real harm done.

I need to foster some goodwill today because I am town and my intentions were good, if blunt. Will do my part to give a full rundown on the game fmpov when I have a chance.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

@dLGN
    Will this rundown be in the next 12 hours? If not, what's an abbreviated version of where you're at aka what are your reads?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Kai, apart from everything else I'm now hoping you are scum on the sheer hope that you're not literally this crap at mafia and delineating town vs scum
    --- Post automerged ---
    (as far as the everything else goes, it's more PoE than anything else. But I'm enjoying the emergent flailing so might as well keep voting you to see the next attempt at it)

9. KaiDASH

[​IMG]

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

It's really more of a tsngy
    --- Post automerged ---
    Tangy*

I mean it though, I'm having trouble comprehending that you could actually believe what you're saying. Like either you can't read me at all whatsoever or you're trying really really hard to continue pushing me, because you were counting on me as one of your mislynches-to-victory

11. KaiDASH

I hardly expect you to agree with me that you're scum, but that's okay.

12. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Another weak-ish log for the Jan!town fire, I think? Assuming Regfan is a villager, this feels like sticking one's neck out for little benefit. Like, there's a way to do that without shading them, and wolf!Jan shading both of them here when Jan knows that they're two players who have a tendency to focus on people disagreeing with them is pretty ???
    --- Post automerged ---
    Agree with this read.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ruleofthree.jpeg?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Gonna say this also feels not w/w, particularly Jan's pivot towards confirmed villager fonti at the end. I don't think you have a somewhat spikey, distancing exchange with a partner and then instead of either a) backing off or b) doubling down on the antagonism, Jan passes the ball to a villager for review.

Hm.

Unvote

Yeah going back over Jan's early posts I would be pretty surprised if he was with tsiash/beruru here. Gonna hard agree with Stanari that dLGN's EoD felt super super agenda-y. Like, pushing a narrative rather than sitting down and trying to figure shit out. The counter there is, well, why would dLGN bother going so hard for w/w wagons? I don't think it's just a role thing, like I said, rolecop is eh whatever. I could see him assessing empoof/beruru's respective plays and thinking if he can get empoof some reasonable doubt / cred with a beruru flip, empoof might stabilize.

In a villager!dLGN world, you have a guy who hasn't had time to properly read the thread, has examined basically ~some part of both wagons, hates one aspect of one, and doesn't have a super big problem with the other. The idea of a villager going that hard based on such shaky ground is pretty confusing to me, but then again dLGN plays on DM so it's not out of the realm of reasonableness.

I think, gun to my head, think the "villager!dlGN EoD just picked a lane and shoved in" narrative makes slightly more sense than Jan being with the two flipped wolves.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, this one is a gimmie, but Reg/JanLGN are hard unaligned, never w/w, lock clear the other if one flips wolf, etc.

13. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    At work for the next 8 hours so after that, yeah.

Abbreviated:
    v
    regfan
    stanari
    voxx
    newcomb
    citrus

need to sort beyond that

14. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I wish I could see the exact time these posts were made; they come right after each other in the thread but AFAICT there's no timestamp. If it's within, like, 1 minute, I actually think this is a real point for town!Vaimes here. I think this kind of off-the-dome snark to his partners is still pretty solidly out of his range, even with the upgrades to his game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'd probably drive myself insane trying to extract spew from this so I'm just gonna wave at it. Would be sort of interested to see if anyone has some kind of gut reaction to it though.

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    First thought was pulling teeth from your partner's mouth.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I do think Nego is spewed town probably.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Same minute.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Jari is really soul-pocketingly town today. I had some minor Newcomb concerns when I went to bed but I feel better now. I...have reacquired some Vaimes-flavored qualms.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Uhhh. I guess I can understand Reg's wariness of me, but I'd be surprised if anyone who's played with me a lot thinks I'm ever scum here.

1. I'd have gone after beruru harder because I guess saving the PR is only important to me :V Literally my vote on them was "competing wagons!"

2. I'd have had more fun with them itt beforehand. Has no one been paying attention to the fact that we've both been trying to have a private chat together in a mafia game for years?

3. Their responses and interactions (of which there's like...three) to me were kinda clipped/awkward. And then they scumread me for no reason and never really talked about it. Which, given my play kinda revolves around Morale, would be shooting us both in the foot.

Anyway that's your pre-emptive "Regfan we're not starting this, I'm town, thank you for your time" Thing.

I guess this is also for Newcomb too because I feel like I shouldn't really have to point any of this out but oh well.

Also yeah that EoD between Reg and dLGN was stupid and awkward and if we could have literally just one DLP game without That that would be the move.

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Stanari: I'm kinda having doubts on <player>
    <player>: posts
    Stanari: oh okay you're town again I guess

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Not my fault I just caught up. :v
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'd say it's the opposite, because that's what I'd do.

2 in the first, 1 in the second.

I'm aware this doesn't help soothe Varuru paranoia.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Unvote

Man, I actually like Kai's big post and the tone in his following ones.

19. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I pretty emphatically believe this is Tsaiah pocketing a townie, but I know there's other not-good stuff from MP7's side.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Although I think this did ping as vaguely w/w.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Counterpoint: all of those players are town. What then?
    --- Post automerged ---
    ngl but Reg is in a weird position for me where he /should/ be a townread, but I don't like his PoE.

Not really looking forward to the uphill battle if I decide that he's doing it on purpose. I already did this exact song and dance with Iso on MTGS not too long ago, and it sucked.

So I'll try reading him again in a bit, hopefully coming out town and game isn't That Hard; gotta work now.