1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Make a good case for someone?

Like, the lynch mechanic being slightly different is not the immense hurdle you’re making it out to be.

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    How is it different from any majority-to-lynch system? Or am I totally misunderstanding you?

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Like. The vote count right now is one that someone who’s interested in VCA should be able to get something from. Aren’t we at like 4/4/3 or something?

4. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

Yeah I think you're misunderstanding me.

I don't view it as an immense hurdle but a lot of my personal gameplay can be boiled down to enacting pressure in End of Day situations where chinese fire drills and forcing vote manipulation like making scum bus in a weird time or forcing them to vote strangely with their perspective. Don't really view those as options as easily done with majority votes. Also means a lot of villagers have to be right and working together or wolves have to be bussing more often, at least in my eyes.

I wouldn't call myself a VCA player, more that I learn a lot about people in higher pressure situations. You'll see in a lot of games I play talking about the feelings of EoD wrt a player and stuff. I'm just thinking out loud how I should adjust to that.

Am interested in the vote count right now if you have it/know it.

5. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Give me a couple of minutes and I'll post a VC.

6. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

Thanks.

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I think it's 4/4/2 right now, unless I'm mistaken
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hey @Empoof

I've waited a bit to see what you did with your time in thread and it seems like I won't be interrupting any thought-streams or anything at this point. So where's your head at regarding the game right now? Do you have a read-list or read-wall of sorts? I know you've thrown up possible Nego/me as a w/w possibility. What other players are you slotting into possible scum-teams, or are ruling out of thusly? What's your read on Regfan + Vaimes respectively?
    --- Post automerged ---
    So started the iso on NH I promised myself. I'm thinking him and Kai are unaligned due to the above posts. Normally I wouldn't think this is enough to make an unalignment from in terms of just talking/pushing on someone. BUT. Interestingly, this is basically like the gist of NH's pushes/moderate-strength reads this game (the one on Kai). In the relative vacuum of other posts, I think this draws an anti-alignment because it would be pretty odd for a scum!player to focus pretty much single-handedly on another scum!player. It's just got too high a likelihood to be transparent (to other players/town) in my opinion. Beyond that it also doesn't feel great as scum to do this - you're basically posting nothing on any non-teammate players then. This all ignores the fact that you'd have to be pushing your scummate pretty strongly relative to your other efforts.

Would appreciate a check for reliability on the above @Newcomb or whomever else (really didn't realize how short NH's iso would be)

8. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

Actually I thought you and Nego were less likely w/w but could see a missing context piece that brought you two back together. Not really sold about it.

Yeah sure, here's a quick tierlist sort of thing:

Higher tier Villagers:
    Newcomb
    Jan
    <really small gap>
    Vaimes
    Eido

Kinda think they're town:
    Jarizok
    Stanari

Dunno really:
    Fonti
    Kai
    M Plus 7
    Nothing Happens
    Nego

Slight bad feels from:
    Beruru
    Regfan
    Citrus

Vaimes I have a small tick in my head that he's trying a little too hard but feel like he's town more often than not.
    Regfan I talked about that post I read that I didn't really like and overall his earlier day 1 that I read felt a little empty and had a lot of excuses.

Toying with the idea that Regfan dropped the Newcomb read and as his partner you sheeped him.

Dunno though I mostly work from the top down when I play.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

NH's read-wall near D1 end. Notably excluding: me, Jan, Miner, Nego, Stanari

Notably with all 3 of Newcomb/Eidolonic/Regfan as super strong town-reads. idk if he's placing as much weight on their reads as I'd expect based on the weight of HIS read on them? Wish I was around/noticed it then so I could read everything onwards in context of that.

Still has Kai listed on the bottom of the bottom, below even fenwicked. Also has tsaiah pretty far down, especially at that point in the game

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Nothing Happens (1): Stanari (#1888)
    Nego (2): Jarizok (#1902), Vaimes (#1969)
    Citrus (2): dLGN (#1914), Empoof (#2246)
    Beruru (4): Citrus (#1870), Newcomb (#1878), fontisian (#1900), KaiDASH (#1901)
    Empoof (4): Beruru (#1893), Nothing Happens (#2147), Eidolonic (#2153), Regfan (#2181)

Abstaining (2): Nego, M Plus 7

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

What are the strengths of your reads here? Like higher tier makes me think pretty strong (esp when the group only has a small gap amongst it), while your line on Vaimes saying feels like town more often than not makes me feel it's way weaker than I was otherwise led to believe

Regfan dropped the Newcomb read where? I sheeped him onto townreading Newcomb or I sheeped him onto not townreading Newcomb? ???

12. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

I must've missed something.

@Eidolonic didn't you have a townread on my slot, like a kind of strong one?

Lemme look at these votes.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Huh thought it was 4/4/3.

@Nego
    @M Plus 7
    You guys aren't using your votes, use them please.

I feel like there's something I should be seeing on that VC but I don't see it. That's a lot of pretty stacked wagons, very few people out in the middle of nowhere contrary to VC's in large games this early I feel like.

idk if there's something interesting about it but Nego having a (2) man wagon while not using his vote + his more recent defeatism probably has something worth commenting on. Maybe less strong after kai's D1 end than otherwise though

14. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

This was like everything we just talked about dude.

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm sorta blind so lemme know if I missed any votes.

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I mean in light of the votes timing plus the above, I think there's some credence to a w/w NH + Beruru. Like if I recall how the votes were, we had a wagon on Beruru, and NH basically helped start a counter-wagon on empoof. And looking at the VC (thanks @Stanari!!) yeap. Beruru wagon builds, she throws a vote on empoof, wagon on empoof builds momentum through a combination of empoof not doing anything and NH adding his vote in.

Counter-argument there is Beruru + NH stacked their votes side-by-side, I guess it'd be a bit of a desperation play with the votes piling on Beruru in a w/w world?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Clearly I'm confused hence why I'm asking, I'll try to reread the last few pages I guess
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Newcomb if you're still around or whomever would love sanity checks on some of the above

17. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

@Beruru sup.

@Eidolonic @Nothing Happens @Regfan Hi sort of looks like you guys hopped on me for an outdated activity tell. Well I've been decently active today so hmu if there's something else that's actually bugging you other than that.

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

@Empoof
    You also didn't answer any of the other questions I had fyi

Ok I still don't get it. You think regfan read him town, I sheeped onto the read, regfan dropped the read and I stayed?

Like I don't even know what you're saying.
    A) I sheeped regfan to drop the newcomb read. Except I build more of a townread on Newcomb after Regfan's post, and did not drop it off after when regfan ?dropped his read on newcomb?
    B) I followed regfan to townread newcomb and then followed him to not townread newcomb. Except my read on newcomb didn't get weaker and has in fact only gotten stronger this game? Like what?

I don't even know what to say except ???. Please explain, I even put the time into rereading trying to make sense of what you said

19. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

That was me continuously asking you about being okay with Newcomb after RegFan dropped a meta wall you skimmed and me not really liking your answers and thinking it was something you thought of after the fact rather than in the moment.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I lol'd. /10char