1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Traitors Within Discussion Thread - Old Story Thread

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Midknight, May 4, 2005.

1. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

I could never really enjoy this story, I mean how do go from Harry letting his fucking muggle relatives lock him up, then beat him, then have him take a HUGE risk by challenging Fudge to a duel then killing him, then having him talk back to everyone he knows including one of the most powerful wizards in the world while being a submissive little bitch to Vernon. However, I like the direction the story is going in, and hopefully the pairings and azkaban parts will come into play soon.

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Locking him up is normal behavior for them, or did you not look into his first 11 years of life there? Beating him isn't a new occurence either, once again look into his life there.

He didn't take a risk by attacking Fudge, the general consensus is the man's a weakling. He's generally got a sarcastic attitude in canon, and there is well documents proof of him, even being puss!canon!Harry in OOTP, that he will bitch out stronger ppl with a bit of prodding. Considering Dumbles just portkeyed Wormtail away, and was being a general asshat, he had every right to be pissed.

He wasn't being a submissive bitch to Vernon, he attempted to fight back, but proceeded to get his ass stomped by someone multiple times his size, in a rage fueled frenzy.

I fail to see how You say you like the direction the story is going, when you disagree and seemingly hate everything else.

*shrug* I've had time to write lately, but I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of at least the Patil pairing, or possibly the Tonks pairing since that one's so overused.

3. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Locking him up is normal behaviour for the dursley's, however Harry taking control and challenging Fudge to a duel isn't, therefore with this new Independent Harry I fail to see how he would let some fat muggle lock him up.

Also I like the way the story is going because he's consistantly getting in more control of himself.

4. Lord North

Lord North Second Year

UPDATE!!!!!! :D

i like the yelling at molly weasley thing i never liked her she yells too much

5. Midknight

Aye, but he's not independant until the talk with Voldemort really, that discuss I'll reveal whenever I get around to working on the story more, will be the pivotal point in his metamorphisis from douchebag to fighter.

Oh if you like that, go read the story thread in the work by author category here, It's a spoiler of a later scene, lol.

6. Lord North

Lord North Second Year

omg haha i love that teaser mostly the wordplay its really good lol good job...

UPDATE! i cant wait for the next chapter

7. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

this story is shaping up to be awesome, i will read the next chap with a smile on my face and a Dr Pepper in my hand :lol:

8. Midknight

I've asked my wife to force me to sit down and speak more this weekend. I have time to add to the story lately, just been very busy @ work and when I come home I've been sitting on a heating pad zoning out to rampant violence.

Friday I get to go to the botto of a 900ft deep rock quarry, and begin a topographic survey of the rock, all it's various ledges, and various other fun things. IE. that writing may not happen, as I'll be in a rock climbing harness all day, possibly Sat, and probably too tired to move, lol.

Damn Martin Marietta, damn you to hell.

9. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Sweet! I love on-site stuff, although I've never been fond of topographic surveys or primary investigations. At the moment, all that matters is that work is keeping you from writing, so it should stop.

In any case, is there a specific reason for the survey, or is it just to map the area out? Last time I needed a harness was in a 50 floor high construction. But that’s always fun.

So have fun with that! I wish you luck and that you don’t return too tired, making you able to write some more.

10. Midknight

Yeah they need to get an exact volume of material removed this year versus last year for tax purposes. I think it's pretty assine for us to go in there, as it'll take all week, and they're blasting it to hell and back Thursday afternoon, there by screwing up our totals anyway O.O

11. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

I can understand that they want precise numbers and what not, but still, it does sound kind of stupid. lol. I hope it doest get too boring or get bad weather, the faster its done, the better, right?

In any case, good luck! And once again I thank myself for not going into engineering or anything of the sort; the numbers alone would have me mindless and blabbering already. I commend thee on thy work and wish thee safe journey!

12. Midknight

I actually really appreciate that. Normal engineers are usually utterly idiotic and lack real world knowledge, making tons of "impossible to build in real life and have function" desgin flaws, etc. So by that logic I often get treated as a brainless idiot in with the pack who likes to design gutters at an elevation of 300, that flow into a storm basin/box with a top elevation of 430. (a real example, the job was quoted, bid, and most of it built up to curb before they relized DUH! that the water wouldn't flow into the boxes. $3 million error)

I'm more akin to a surveyor/field engineer, since I do survey and layout sites with GPS, and make on the fly adjustments to pretty much everything. If anyone that likes this story wonders why I often lapse in updates, try to figure out how to raise a site multiple feet in elevation, while making sure a few thousand feet of storm/sewer/water pipes still flow correctly, won't overtax any one system, and for minimal cost with max. efficiency, and then you'll see why I'm often braindead by the time I get a chance to post, lol.

13. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

:shock: i have just realised i have reviewed ur story twice, once when i read it properly and the second time when i read the first chap again while drunk, and promised to read on lol sorry bout that

14. the sad panda

the sad panda Squib

i just read this fic again, the first time i did was on my friend's ffnet account. the story is still interesting although i'm beinging to understand your hatred towards ginny. speaking of which, are you planning on killing her in this fic?

15. Midknight

Yes, her, Ron, Hermione die. Check out either thread, or search I've spoiled the deaths here, except for Ginny.

I sort of screwed myself into a corner though, as I planned major harsh deaths for them... yet at the time table I want them to occur there's no way in hell Harry could have the power to do that. Struggling to find a way to rewrite sections.

16. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Has this been abandoned? :? :(

17. Midknight

Nah I bounce ideas off of ppl every now and then, I've just had massive problems with various things, read the last page or two. Never being home and posting from the office or a wireless laptop doesn't help either.

18. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Just read this and I really liked it, not over-done super-ish! or pussy! *nodding* This is definetly a fic I'll be checking for updates.

19. Lost_soul

Lost_soul Guest

Nice! finaly a indipendent story that dont have Harry spending the first chapter crying over his lost god father. I like the Molly and Ginny bashing in chapter 9. Buckbeak hiting Ginny to defend Harry wer bloody briliant. eny ides wen the next chapter is going to be?

20. Midknight

I've slowly started writing again. Gotten some ideas from the IRC room discussions.

I'll release anything I get there first, followed by here, followed by FF.net.

be a bit before I get my research stuff back on track and reorganized again, but shouldn't be a huge wait now that I want to write a bit again