1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Fleur Community

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Methene, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Boo

Boo Auror

The Master Bedroom of Delacour Manor
    HARRY POTTER, SILK SHEETS, AND A HALF NAKED VEELA . . . . . only suitable for people over 18 years of age . . . . .
    Fiction Rated: M - English - Romance/General - Chapters: 2 - Words: 4,978 - Reviews: 53 - Updated: 7-26-06 - Published: 7-23-06

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3060795/1/The_Master_Bedroom_of_Delacour_Manor

Read this fic awhile ago. Its the only HP/FD that has Harry affected by Veela allure. And were she takes charge.

Only sad part is Fleur and Scrimgeour . eww

2. Freelancer

Freelancer Fourth Year

More Than A Pretty Face

Fleur uses her new powers of persuasion to get into the Ministry of Magic and break Harry out. FD-HP AU starts at the end of HBP. Harry Potter - Fiction Rated: T - English - Angst/Romance - Chapters: 3 - Words: 8,134 - Reviews: 35 - Updated: 3-27-08 - Published: 7-22-07

Another one I found, don't know if it's posted here yet. It's not bad, but I will preserve any judgement until I read more.

3. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

Chapters 3 and 4 up too....they're pretty good.

4. Revan616

Revan616 Muggle

This hit me some time last night and while i would love to write it, i now i would cock it up and wreck that could be a possibly good story, so instead of me destroying this i thought I'd share it with the rest of you to see what you all think

Harry/Fleur Plot Bunny

as we all believe the only reason that Harry/Ginny could possibly end up together is through a love potion, who's to say that Ginny was the only Weasley to attempt to get their perfect partner (in there own minds) using a love potion

picture this

Set a few short weeks before Bill and Fleur's wedding, Fleur deciding to escape from the madness surrounding her upcoming wedding to Bill hides, coming across Harry who's brewing a potion, a generic test/cure for love potions. Harry and Fleur joke quite happily about her up coming marriage to Bill as well as Harry's idea that he's been feed love potions, as a joke she takes the test/potion at the same time as harry. Imagen their surprise where Harry AND Fleur react.

Thus there pair decide to leave and this time instead of Harry, Hermione and Ron hunting down the last Horcrux's you get a pair of people who feel they only one's they can trust is the other person with them.

Due to this of course neither Harry nor Fleur are willing to even think of having a relationship as both are rather scared by their now former partners actions, thus you have a possible plot for a story in which not only o Harry and Fleur get together but you could also kill of Ginny.

5. Zlaker1001

Zlaker1001 Second Year

Yes, well, I have no doubt that this one won't happen, but it is sort of plausible...

6. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

From now on, please use the spell check, or better yet, use Word or the Mac equivalent to check for your errors until you are capable of writing sentences without the need for training wheels.

As for the story, meh. I just can't see it as a good fic.

Why would they take it jokingly? A love potion is fairly serious business.

And when did Harry become a master potion brewer in this love potion induced haze?

There are too many plot holes in this story for me to think it would be a good idea.

7. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

That would take it jokingly because they would think they are over-reacting or think the idea is so stupid that it's funny. Hard to think of that, wasn't it.

Potions isn't a hard subject if you think about it, a book tells you everything and you copy what the book says. It does not state anywhere that love potions make you have problems thinking. The love potion could be weaker, only coming into effect when you see the person. That was extremly hard to do, wasn't it.

8. Boo

Boo Auror

Looks like a good story idea.
    Dont think i've read a story were Fleur was under the effects of a love potion. Plenty with Harry being drugged by Ginny.

9. White Rabbit

Why would Harry even be making the counter potion if he didn't have some sort of idea that he was under the control of a love potion? If I had even the smallest inkling that someone was controlling me, I'd be pissed and out to find the truth. I wouldn't be all shits and giggles with someone who is supposed to be marrying into the family thats been possibly controlling me.

Go make me a perfect souffle or Sauerbaten, without checking the internet for the recipe. Do all the research yourself no outside help. Find a place to hide and practice your baking/cooking skills without having people question where you go and what you're up to. Do this all in 1-2 weeks.

10. Zlaker1001

Zlaker1001 Second Year

Paranoia? That's really up to the Author to decide... Maybe he was reading up on Love Potions, and it said it smells like something, and thats what Ginny smells like? Cliche I know but meh...

11. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

It would be a bit different from the common H/F's anyways. I kind of like the idea and would like to see someone use it.

12. White Rabbit

Fleur getting love potioned is original. Everything else blows worse than a thai hooker.

13. Zlaker1001

Zlaker1001 Second Year

I'm tired and can't come up with a reason for Harry to end up with her if she loses trust in men after that... Maybe a PWP with Harry, Tonks, and Fleur?

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, except for several real-life issues that I've had... Sickness and sudden business included... and dastardly computer mess-ups...
    I'm finally returning my beta edit of "Dagger and Rose" to Perspicacity tomorrow... BLAAH!

As a shameless plug, I will say that the story was quite entertaining to me, and while it does have a few cliché elements... and what story that comes out now doesn't really?... the story also contains several story elements that I believe were unused until now, or at least to the depth that they are used here. That, and as a beta, I got to read the entire story(or at least the first major story arc, hmm?) before most all of you, bwuhahahahach*cough hack* "Hairball!"

Really though, read this story, "Dagger and Rose", and be pleased, or so I like to think at least.:cool:

15. JoJo23

JoJo23 Unspeakable

AS for the love potion idea, you could say that he was brewing the detector just in case Romilinda tried anything again and Fleur was being used as a control.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  16. Freelancer

Freelancer Fourth Year

Romilda Vane? I think it is strange because he have been successfully avoid any foods or drinks that she give him throughout 6th year so why bother brew the antidote if you already done that.

I don't understand what you mean by saying Fleur was being used as a control. (A test subject maybe? and in that case I don't think they're close enough for Fleur to let him do that)

Dagger and Rose by perspicacity is highly recommended even if I've only read till chapter 5 or if you're really bored then just check Knowledge is Power. (Harry/Fleur finally show up in the last chapter)

17. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Hm.. Harry brewing a counter love potion. Well, can't say I've seen that a great deal.

As for a reason, all you really need to do is change the time frame. Make it so it's during year 6 winter break. Ron got dosed by a love potion that was supposed to get Harry. Harry had to drag him to Slughorn in order to get an antidote. Harry could brew it because he still has the HBP's book, and reason that Ron could get hit again.

Harry's not brewing it because he thinks he's been dosed. He's doing it in case Ron gets hit by accident. Fleur just happens to be there, and they both test it for a laugh.

18. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

Hey Vesvius, are you still planning on writing a Harry/Fleur story?

19. Zlaker1001

Zlaker1001 Second Year

I'd read it...

20. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

I'd read it too.

He could be brewing just because he knows he has to deal with N.E.W.T
    level potions and it's on the curriculum. Fleur wanders in just as he's testing it and takes it when he comes up positive to see whether he did something wrong in the potion or not and then they try it on Hermione or Ron who both come up negative, so they both know that the Weasleys are drugging their asses and hilarity ensues as they fuck the family of red-heads nine ways from Sunday. And then it becomes a trust game because they both know they can trust the other.