1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Wild World by HowdyU - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Koalas, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Hasty

Hasty Fourth Year

I realise that and Sasuke certainly deserved it, but I don't believe Naruto did.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There are two people involved in this, talking to one and not the other is just going to make the other feel like they've won the battle. It's circumventing the problem before it arises.

3. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Well, yes. This is the impression that I meant to give.

Also, I tried to show that Naruto's "punishment" wasn't quite that, given that Kakashi was going to show him some new ninjutsu and the like. Sure Naruto was run ragged, but nothing serious happened to him, as I tried to show in his interaction with Team 10 right after Kakashi was done with him.

As far as Kakashi dealing with Sasuke's apparent insubordination... well it isn't so blatant that it could really be called that. These aren't school children, they're ninja. Kakashi is looking for a way to bring his team together without making them feel bitterness toward one another, and is obviously failing.

From Kakashi's and Sarutobi's point of view, there is no easy solution to the issues on Team 7, which is why Kakashi is moving to more drastic measures by throwing them to the wolves.

If you think that Kakashi and Sarutobi aren't handling the situation well, then that's good, because they probably aren't. The point here is that they can't come up with a solution that will work toward the goal of fostering teamwork between Sasuke and Naruto.

4. redshell

redshell Order Member

In my opinion, Howdy's presenting it very well in his fic. Sasuke has an inferiority complex, because he can see Naruto's growth as it happens, and knows that the gulf between them is rapidly shrinking. Also, he's becoming more and more insecure about Naruto because Naruto basically Sharingan'd his Great Fireball Jutsu, and once it's revealed that Naruto has the ultimate doujutsu, Sasuke will probably be even more insecure and his inferiority complex will sky-rocket, and he'll begin to resent Naruto for his ability to grow in leaps and bounds, rather than small steps like everyone else.

Also, Howdy's presenting the conflict about Naruto in a very human way for Kakashi and Sarutobi. It's been said before, but Sarutobi's hands are essentially tied in the problem, because any decision he makes regarding Naruto, if it's beneficial, will be fought tooth and nail by the group that hates Naruto.

As for Kakashi, it seems to me that he sides with Naruto in the problem, but can't show any outward favoritism, because Sasuke will bring it up with him and demand to be taught better. The question of Chidori in this situation should be interesting, because it seems like Sasuke is starting to grate on Kakashi's nerves as well.

My take on what the next chapter and following chapters will entail is that something drastic's going to have to happen, in order for Sasuke to stay, or he'll be leaving Konoha at an earlier date, especially with his inferiority complex acting on his decisions.

5. Anstid

Anstid Fourth Year DLP Supporter

If Orochimaru finds out that Naruto has the Rinnegan, then Sasuke might the last thing on the snake's mind.

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I dunno. As arrogant and stupid as Orochimaru sometimes proved himself to be in canon, I like to think that he's not dumb enough to try and possess a body inhabited by the Kyuubi. Odds are he would end up as lunch, and he would have to be aware of that. I do, however, think that the snake wouldn't just leave it alone, and would probably at the least take a shot at sticking a curse seal on Naruto and swaying him over to the dark side.

7. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

I am not sure he would be eaten, it depends on what effects his jutsu would have on things.

I would say that chances are good that Kyuubi would remain bound by the seal; however, Naruto would spend all the time stuck where Kyuubi is sealed with plenty of time to be influenced into releasing the beast. That is unless Orochimaru kills that aspect of the person he inhabits.

8. Anstid

I was under the impression that Orochimaru didn't know the jinchuuriki had survived until the encounter in the Forest of Death when Naruto used the kitsune's chakra. Orochimaru probably wouldn't risk his immortality jutsu on a jinchuuriki, but WW Naruto is looking like not ever having to rely on the Kyuubi's power or manifesting it in any way.

9. redshell

redshell Order Member

Considering that Orochimaru's jutsu rips out the soul of the next body and replaces it with his own, he would, essentially, be attempting to rip out both Naruto's and the Kyuubi's. Quite frankly, the Kyuubi wouldn't go without a fight, so it'd probably end up eating Orochimaru. I agree with LT2000, on that Orochimaru would, at the least, try to stick a curse seal on Naruto, if only to see how a Jinchuuriki would react to it and to see if Naruto could be swayed over to his side and come to him.

As for Kyuubi's power, Naruto has technically been using it since he had the fox sealed in him, but I do agree with you on that it looks like Naruto won't be using Kyuubi's chakra.

10. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Yes, WW Naruto won't rely on Kyuubi but he will definitely use it. Naruto is on his way to become a ninjutsu master and of all ninja arts ninjutsu is the most chakra intensive. It would be pure foolishness on his part to ignore the bijuu and the chakra the beast can provide. Besides, I'm certain that WW Naruto would love to be able to call on the bijuu's power...and then do it in public and watch the screams.

11. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I think of Orochimaru's jutsu more as suppressing the spiritual energy of his target with his own. After all, when Sasuke turns it back on him he still holds Orochimaru prisoner, and when his resolve weakens Orochimaru escapes. I think that it is like this for Orochimaru as well.

Sticking a Cursed Seal on Naruto? I'm not sure there'd be much of a point. If we're talking about things that influence a person's chakra, being a jinchuuriki pretty much trumps anything else, right? Sure Orochimaru might try, but there's no reason for him to expect the Cursed Seal to be effective in swaying Naruto over to his side. After all, Naruto is by nature an expert at suppressing malicious, foreign chakra.

12. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca First Year

Because of naruto eyes does anyone think at later date if he try his hand at sealing he would be as good as his father was? Jiraiya should be able to teach him sealing just like his father.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  13. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    He's back... :rrou:

EDIT: No I do not believe Naruto's Rin'negan would help him with sealing. As I see it, seals are a lot like pre-made jutsu. Pump in the chakra, out comes the effect. A lot less intent you see.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  14. Anstid

Tezcatlipoca, below is a link to Howdy's own theories on how the intricacies of the Rinnegan work. If you wish to know what 'super powers' Naruto might have, this link will help you sate your boundless imagination.

Link: http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=463467

15. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Ew, Narutofan, enjoy your faggotry.

16. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Thanks for your input.

17. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    How bizarre, his coming into a Naruto story thread to post that. I wonder if someone may have hacked his account.

18. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

I am wounded at this. I might as well scrap my Jigoku no Juin and my entire fic... :D

That's what indoctrination is for. :)

How so?

19. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Because he's not dead yet. Look what happened to Sakura when she got scratched by a tail of Kyuubi's chakra.

20. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

He's been doing it subconsciously since the day he was born.