1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Traitors Within Discussion Thread - Old Story Thread

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Midknight, May 4, 2005.

1. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

take you time...i'll try and wait...gotta find someting fun to do *goes off to torture Severitus*

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The Harry/Ginny groundwork gets laid in this chapter.

Remember I hate Harry/Ginny, so its there for a GOOD reason =P

I don't mind stories where he is called a Lord if theres a good damned reason for it, but when it's just because he comes of age or something, it's retarded. You don't hear Lucius being referred to as Lord, or Fudge, and they're supposedly amount the strongest politically purebloods there is.

Not to mention, even if they did, not everyone in the world is going to do it, every.single.time. they talk to Harry, lol.

Whats the link to it?

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

4. Midknight

I kept meaning to reply to that and keep getting sidetracked.

The twins are there simply to see if I can do it. They'll be changed a bit due to circumstances, and not so annoying.

Tonks has more behind her then it first appears, and she's not exactly going to be center stage material, that role will belong to Bella. And remember I refuse to fucking use anything from HBP for my story, so Tonks is more of a Weird Sisters goth oriented chick then the love struck bullshit.

Harry isn't going to stay so dark, it's just at the time of those events hes just had his first civil conversation with Voldemort, he doesn't know what to believe, as alot of what Voldie says makes sense, and appears to be more truth then spin (alot of it's truth save for a few huge things)

I gave my Harry a good reason to be mad, he finds Fudge and Peter conspired to set Sirius up, he offs Fudge, and then Dumbes stops him from killing Peter, and instead portkeys the man away (ya know I expected SOMEONE to comment on the portkey method I used.. I thought it was fricking cool and I got no love for it =( )

It wasn't prolonged hate, you'll see it ebbing out of him towards others, and even Dumbles after enough time. I didn't turn Harry into a hate filled war mongering idiot, not with that much hot ass he's got around him, lol

Harry+Bella+Tonks I agree is getting cliche, with everyone doing it as threesomes. Trust me when I say it ain't going there with them two.

5. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

what cliche is hard to find someone who can pull it off and i can hardly find any fic with those three

6. Hubert

Hubert First Year

Well consider it commented on. It was.......good.

I can't remember if you've mentioned an animagus form for Harry or not( and to be honest i can't be bothered looking) but i want to see a fic where either he just straight out doesn't have the ability or has some sort of useless form, like a duck.

7. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

omg please make him a evil duck....yes please :eek:

8. Hubert

Hubert First Year

I can just see a duck wadling along with a wand in its bill and voldemort chasing after it. :lol:

9. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

me too i can voldemort and all his death eater chaseing it...they dont use magic aginst it fearing they would brake voldemort wand....i can see them chaseing the duck back and forth lol

10. Midknight

ty, I wanted to do it differently, but Dumbles doing the Mission Impossible "explosive gum" style bit with the slamming a portkey gallen on the center of Peter's head was too good for me not to do.

Harry will NOT have an animagus form in the story, I've argued on this forums against fanfic authors suddenly making every godamned person that is around Harry an animagus. For something that supposedly only a handful could do each century, fan authors make everyone they can one, and it irks the snot out of me.

Remember I've flat out said I'm going to bash the shit out of way overused cliches, animagi will not be sacred, lol.

It'll go something like Harry takes a potion to reveal if you have potential to turn into an animagi, after like 10 ppl have taken it.

None of them get it, so when Golden boy pops up, you KNOW he's gonna have a phoenix, unicorn, centaur, etc millions of damned forms...

Except he doesnt. He'll come back with something like, "What the hell is me turning into a dog or a bug going to do? I'm not going to kill Voldemort with a case of rabies you stupid tossers"

11. Hubert

Hubert First Year

Good to hear. I had faith you wouldn't give Harry an animagus form. Still the idea of a duck intrigues me. I may have to include it in the fic im working on, if i ever get around to seriously writing it.

12. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

cool.

Midknight, Is Harry going to have a familiar in your story. (I have this Idea for you if you want. Harry wants a powerful familiar but he doesn't want a new one. So he goes through a ritual to make her more powerful (do it on her 7th birthday as 7 is more magically powerful) Anyway, she turns into an Ice Owl, with the ability to create balls of ice (maximum size of volleyball) and blow cold the way dragons breathe fire. Anyway,

I've thought of all types of magical creatures I'm gonna use in my story (because 52 is not enough, (great work JK on Magical Beasts and where to Find Them)

13. Midknight

Excaliber is in a way, but Harry is going to have... er... animilistic qualities of his own in a way thanks to a care package from Lupin.

I may kill Hedwig just to be an ass about it and to make fun of 2929298 azkaban stories where she gets killed.

Harry: OMFG WTF, Hedwig is dead?
    Ron and Hermione: Don't look at us convict we're not sick enough to kill a defenseless bird, how fucking stupid do you have to be to think something like that?

I had an idea for using Excalibur as a type of familiar waaaaaaaaayyyy back in 2003 when I started first collecting notes. I think Omagic or halstead did some factfinding for me on the end scene of this story, and I wound up changing it either because I thought up something different, or I got bored.

(The ending is written and set in stone, I just have to work towards it. You see the aftermath of the battle years later in the prologue. The ending is as old as GOF's release week, lol)

Take a look @ Prince of Darkness, and see how he's using the Fallen God trapped in the sword. It won't be "quite" like that but it's similar in a far fetched way.

14. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

hope you update again soon.

15. Midknight

Ive got 3 quarters of the next one done, I'm just dealing with really bad writers block.

It's like... I got the start done, the middle (he is going to antarctica) the end (one of the most incredible final battles ever, the ending has been done for years)

its just the small shit in between everything that pisses me off.

16. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

True.

I can't wait for the final battle when it finally gets there.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope you update again soon.

18. Midknight

havent been home much, many of my posting are from other pcs, at work, on the road, etc.

I'll have another 2 chapts up soon though

19. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Woohoo

20. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D