1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, May 17, 2007.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Great episode, Dean was a raging douchnozzle of man pain at first which was killing it for me but stabbing Zach in the face helped, a lot. Sam was a pimp tonight, he handled his shit even with Dean saying shit to him that any other normal person would have busted his skull open over.

Most importantly though, Castiel.

Castiel fucking rocked the damn house tonight, I mean he was seriously just the fucking man. His scenes and lines tonight were some of the best in the show ever. I loved watching him beat the stupid out of Dean in the alley it was beyond epic.

"You pray too loud."
    BOOM

"What happened to him?"
    "Me."

2. Torak

Torak Death Eater

Oh Castiel how far you came since your introduction. Krogan pretty much said everything that was worthwhile for tonight's episode. Although "I rebelled for this?". Castiel <3

3. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

This episode really worked for me. Damn near as good as Dark Side of the Moon, and a lot less heartbreaking.

I'd say something like, "God have mercy," but that doesn't apply anymore, does it? I wonder if Michael is furious because of the [ahem] coitus interruptus or if he expected it?

Yay, Dean! Reneging on the offer and making it stick - and thank Kripke for a strong, loyal Sam. We all knew that Cas was a warrior angel. He knows what he's doing in a fight.

I wonder what Adam's mother would advise him to do.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  4. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Tonight's episode was as brilliant as I'd expect the 100th episode of this great show to be. I'm anticipating big loads of fun for these last few episodes of the season.

5. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

Gotta say this episode was amazing, loved the way dean handled that shit at the end. Winking to Sam, then boom owning Zachariah like that. Don't get me wrong, Zachariah was actually a character I enjoyed seeing on the show, but it was definitely time to get rid of that fucker lol. Interesting premise with Adam being stuck, I presume Michael decided he likes Adam's meat suit just as much as Dean's.

Can't wait for more!!! oh and Castiel was awesome of course.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Suffice it to say;

Castiel is the fucking man.

He is the true protagonist of Supernatural.

"I gave up everything for you, and this is what you give me?"

Fucking YES.

7. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

So it's canon now. A human can kill an angel. I'm looking at you Lucifer, you're next.

Poor Adam can never catch a break. I loved his classic Winchester attitude though. It was typical season one/two Dean.

8. Sir Chris

Sir Chris First Year

Well Lucifer I believe has already proven to be past the scope of mere Angel, but shit is going to have to get real sooner rather than later.

And yeah, Castiel is the man. I REBELLED FOR THIS!? Good god, that was a great scene.

9. Invader.Azula

Invader.Azula Seventh Year

This episode was to awesome for words. Cas was so badass last night. And I loved the beginning with Zach in the bar. That had to be my favorite opening of the series ever.

And I actually liked the real Adam tonight. He felt more like a Winchester than his first appearance. I'm actually worried for him right now.

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The episode was absolutely awesome in every single way for me. At one point I actually uttered the words, "Damn, Castiel is awesome." Definitely my favourite character in the whole show. (Especially with last week's "I don't get it, why do you want me to say my name?")

On the topic of the Angel killing blades, I doubt Lucifer would be affected by those since he's already proven to be beyond even 'the gun that can kill anything'. It would just seem like a cop out to me if he was able to be killed by that.

11. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fuck that shit. Fuck it dead.

Just when it looked like Dean was about to accept, BAM, Sam drags him back into failure yet again. Now we're going to be left with some last minute intervention from God or Devil killing tool out of fucking nowhere.

Every time Supernatural looks like it's about to do something awesome it fucking fails.

I mad.

12. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Look at the preview!! :
    http://www.cwtv.com/shows/supernatural/episodes
    Hammer of the Gods

I've spent the last few days thinking about Dark Side of the Moon:
    Sam's heaven didn't include Jessica, nor anything near adulthood.

The Thanksgiving scene set him a possible future that became Sam's primary goal until Jess's murder. A normal, apple pie life, with a house and children, the relative affluence of a profession and a sense of security, of community. I bet that scene with the dog was about a slightly older Sam proving to himself that he could take care of himself, that he had competencies. Let's face it: growing up with John Winchester probably didn't include a lot of positive paternal feedback. John probably figured that sharply criticizing every minor error was how to teach a child to survive in an incredibly dangerous world. John never bothered to ensure Sam's commitment to the family crusade, and he certainly didn't permit any dissenting opinions. Sam ran away from his brother, not exactly because he was selfish or unthinking, but because John and Dean never loosened his leash at all. They didn't give Sam *options.* There was no room for minor rebellion. To get what he wanted, Sam had to break free entirely.

Even when Sam was at his happiest with Jessica, there would be a continual gnawing grief at the loss of his father and especially having to leave Dean. From the moment that Sam decided that he was going to walk away from the Hunt, he knew he was rejecting nearly every aspect of his childhood. He knew, deep inside where he didn't have to look at it, that John would see Sam's choices as betrayal.

It leaves one wondering - has Sam actually been truly happy since he was a child?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  13. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    0.o the hell? Baldur is stone dead as I recall from the mythology, sigh this could be awesome or could be incredible fail, I just hope Kripke doesnt mutilate the story too badly.

14. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

I wonder if the direction of the season is the death of Lucifer. I figure they showed the gun not killing him, and the fact that they can't find anything to kill him, as evidence that instead of killing him they're going to trap him somehow. Something along the lines of the railroad pentagram thing.

15. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

This last episode was great. BADASS TIME.

16. The Paper Blade

The Paper Blade First Year

Ah, but that would mess with the free will/rage against heaven theme they have going. Now they're stuck between compromising their principles or selling out via Deus Ex Machina.

Castiel has been even more awesome than usual lately. Nearly every one of his lines in "99 Problems" was hilarious. He took over as my favorite character near the beginning of the season.

17. Sooner90

Sooner90 Groundskeeper

I don't think they can kill Lucifer. Even God couldn't/didn't do that. About the best they could do is banish him to Hell. Still they would have to seal it up somehow. Best bet is that the frequently disillusioned Sam and Dean have to somehow convince God to give a shit. Maybe it will take a grand sacrifice. I can see Castiel coming into play there.

18. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Ten bucks Sam says yes, Dean stabs him in the face.

This is the game plan.

19. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Maybe
    It would be ... unexpected ...
    if *Bobby* said "Yes"
    to God.

We would have been Kripke'd.

Edited to add:
    Damn. No, the amulet would have been reacting.
    Oh, well.

20. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Technically Bobby would be just a vessel so the amulet wouldn't react to him.