1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, May 17, 2007.

1. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

Ooh Death! I Like.

2. Torak

Torak Death Eater

Crowley was the man in this episode. Now I can't wait for Death.

3. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

I can't get past Brady's meat suit. He was possessed, and used against his friends, for something like 7 years. God I hope the soul had retreated into utter madness long before he murdered Jess. Sam looked pretty damn dangerous, and competent, with that knife when he stood there at the final scene.

4. Fimbulvintr

Fimbulvintr Seventh Year

This.

I'm wondering though, if Crowley doesn't get killed and the devil gets shoved back in his cage. What's he going to do? Crowley's situation would not have improved much, it's not like the other demons are just going to magically forget what he did.

Oh, and in before Crowley/Dean slash. (we all know it's going to happen, if it hasn't already)

5. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Crowley, thanks to Trickster's death, is now my favourite non-Winchester character that's appeared more than once and hasn't died yet. He was the motherfuckin' man in this episode, played to perfection by Sheppard.

Crowley fanboying aside, I loved this episode. It's got a very "Part 1 of 3" feel to it - I'm predicting the last two rings will be gathered by the next episode, and everything's ready for one last romp against the devil. I just hope Castiel comes back to save the day... who am I kidding - of course he fucking will.

Also, Sam's psychotic rage all throughout the episode was great fun.

6. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

I found myself very distracted by Sam's massive forehead and pointy sideburns. Once they were seen they couldn't be unseen. Padalecki needs to work on the rage. There's more to being angry then flaring nostrils and deep breathing. My friend's a theater major and he watched with me and he couldn't stop laughing during the knife fight. He was all like why is he slowly creeping forward and his eyes look like a cat (so squinty...). It was seriously some Mortal Kombat shit. It was was very distracting, so I wasn't into Sam's story that much this ep.

Crowley was good. His hellhound was awesome and I didn't see that coming. So A+ writers. And also nice continuity with making Brady the Horsemen handler. I definitely remembered Bradley from the pilot and I don't even know why. During he and Sam's reunion I was all like, oooooh that's what happened to him.

Can't wait for Castiel to come back and lay that Angel of Thursday smackdown. Since Kripke always envisioned the series ending with this finale I know he's going to bring it and it's going to be awesome.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  7. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I love that Sam knifed an unarmed guy in an alley like a bitch and Dean was just chill with it.

8. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Does any demon, let alone the demon who enables the Horseman, ever count as unarmed?
    If any of us really thought that Brady could be salvaged, we could actually call it a rescue attempt. At least the soul (if it's still there, and God I hope it left long ago,) now is on its way to rest.

edited to add:
    Exorcising the demon possessing someone actually rates on a par with administering an antibiotic, or any sort of aggressive treatment for a highly lethal, contagious disease. The only chance the patient has is this dangerous treatment. That Brady actually had his throat cut is more like a sanitation measure; the rabid animal (or the one incubating anthrax) has to be destroyed before any more damage is done, and to protect the rest of the group.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Yes, considering said demon had no arms on him whereas Sam had the only knife in existence that can kill said demons.

10. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Just watched the first Croatoan virus episode again on TNT. The infected mother is sitting in a corner crying and begging for her life, ya Dean just puts 3 holes in her without blinking.

Pretty sure Dean doesn't give a shit as long as it's got some demon in it (Sam aside)

11. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

The demon guy did kill Sam's squeeze, and given the rage-y looks on Sammie's face, it wasn't unexpected that he went for the execution-style little kill. Dick move on his part, maybe, but I thought it was all fine. And what the fuck was Dean going to do? If Sam wanted Brady to get defencelessly shanked, he'd do it, even if Dean was in the way.

12. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

Crowley was baddass and a welcome return. Kudos to the writers! Cant wait for the next episode!

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Oh hey, you guys misunderstand, I liked that he did. The guy didn't deserve an honorable death or a one-way to Valhalla.

14. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Crowley was awesome. He will always be awesome. When he inevitably betrays them, he'll still be awesome.

15. Khortez

Khortez Third Year

This brings to mind my most favorite of quotes, "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal." Crowley played the part of Magnificent Bastard all the way. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually let himself be traced and have the hell hound follow him for pure authenticity for his plan.

So, I watched the whole show since the beginning of this month and finally caught up. Thank god for the internets.

A few thoughts, Bobby has got to be god. Think about it. He is in a job where pretty much everyone gets murdered rather messily and is a ripe old age. Most of the main characters and secondary characters get killed off at some point. Bobby cut himself to kill a bitch, while possessed by said bitch.

Castiel is mantastic.

You got to wonder why the demons love Lucifer so much. In pretty much every scene where he has a demon with him he inevitably kills it while berating its existence.

16. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Khortez; Lucifer created demons as his minions. He's their god.

17. SerDel

SerDel Third Year

Crowley patting the hell hound cracked me up real good.

18. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Actually, it would be more... Kripke ... if Crowley actually deals in good faith.

19. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

Oh hai thar.

20. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

[​IMG]