1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, May 17, 2007.

1. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

^ Original Ruby is far superior, talented, hotter, amazing. etc.

2. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

I can settle the argument.

Threesome.

/Thread

3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Entirely agreed. Blondes are a dime a dozen.

4. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

I agree on all counts.

EDIT: Wait.. where the hell is Cass and why aren't the brothers worried? The last we saw of him was when he blew himself, or whatever he did, up, right?

I'm jonesing for my Cass fix. It's over due!

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  5. Fimbulvintr

Fimbulvintr Seventh Year

6. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    "Why'd you have to take a picture?"

"Why'd you have to use tongue?"

Fucking epic.

7. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

Coming episode is going to be Epic! I cant fucking wait!

8. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

*cackles uncontrollably*

That was wonderful. Thanks for the link - and thanks for putting a high gloss on my Monday morning.

9. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fucking LOL, Crowley is awesome, even when he inevitably betrays them he's still my favorite demon.

10. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

I've been told Crowley's a character from Good Omens. I haven't read the book but are there any other cameos or references from that book? I know Kripke's a fan of Gaiman considering how American Gods some eps are.

11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I reckon Zachariah as a character was based on the lead Angel in Good Omens, the one who wanted the Apocalypse to go ahead (though his thought was that it was part of God's Ineffable Plan to have the End of the World happen then, rather than just getting it over with).

12. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Glad I'm not the only one that's been noticing this.

13. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

They keep saying a "beloved" character will die. Let's go ahead and make a prayer circle for Castiel. Even though I'm wishing they're talking about the Impala.

If it happens I hope the Impala makes a deal with a crossroad's demon so it can come back next year.

14. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

* hands folded, eyes closed, whispering hopelessly *
    Please don't kill Castiel.

*sigh*
    It's probably Bobby. Damnit.
    And if Crowley reneges, I want Team Free Will to go down there and get him back.

15. Fimbulvintr

Fimbulvintr Seventh Year

It'll be hilarious if they meant literally "facing death". Instead of actually dying, the character just sits down and has a face to face chat with death.

16. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

It's probably Castiel, which sucks.

17. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So wow damn that was interesting, I loved most all of it but what Death said really has me curious about a bunch of shit, when he started talking about other planets and other galaxies he implied it like he had to reap from there too, is this Kripkes strange way of hinting of there being aliens in Supernatural? Also the thing that has me the most curious Death is going to reap God? That was completely out of left field for me and I'm very interested to see what happens and I want that point to be elaborated on more.

18. Invader.Azula

Invader.Azula Seventh Year

I loved this episode! Especially
    the conversation with Death. And Pestilence was a total badass too. But I think that Crowley and Castiel took the cake on this episode. Especially Castiel's apology. I have to try that on someone soon.

19. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

I think the point of both the 'galaxies' and 'reaping God' part of the conversation was to show how vast Death is. This was Kripke expanding on the horseman Death myth, and making Death an omnipotent presence in shackles. Personally I thought it was great, and pretty interesting. I figure the reaping God thing won't be now but sort of at the end of time.

I loved the episode but I feel they under hyped Pestilence. We spent 3 episodes with Pestilence just walking around, only for him to die in a kinds of crappy way. This episode bulldozed through Pestilence to get to Death and I thought that was a bad way to go.

Castiel was awesome as always and I really hope he doesn't get killed off, though it's starting to look that way. Someone has to fall in with Lucifer and it's either Castiel or Bobby.

Crowley is by far my new favorite old character. That actor steals the screen when he's on, and I feel the brothers struggle to compete with him when he's on screen.

Death's conversation was great, and I'm glad he's a fan of the deepdish pizza. I'm in NYC and it's blasphemy to say it but deepdish is way better than Brooklyn style.

On a completely unrelated note I have never had to suspend my disbelief for the show, since they usually have good explanations for everything. But when Death parked his car the first thing I thought of was "how the fuck did he get a parking space right there in Chicago!"

20. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Episode was brilliant. Cas's hilarity, Bobby's snarkiness, Crowley's unadulterated awesomeness, and Sam's reminiscing on the Wendigo hunts from way back when (Episode 2, I recall somewhat fondly). The Pestilence grossness was... well, gross, but I loved his little speech about diseases and humans. Then when the finger got chopped off - ouch, that was a gory one!

Death's intro was fucking great. Nice callback with the reapers, and props to the show ramping up the Apocalypse of things with the storm in Chicago and the Croatoan warehouse. Bobby walking was a sweet moment - shame I get the feeling that he's either going to die horribly next episode or suddenly collapse and stop walking again. Ouchies all around!

And next week: Carry on My Wayward Son intro! Those are fucking loveable.