1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, May 17, 2007.

1. Rumbleroar

Rumbleroar Seventh Year

Death's Intro was definitely one of the hallmark awesome moments of this show for me. Very... death. I love that song, it was a great version of it (I believe it's sung by Jen Titus, but I'm not sure). It was a remarkable intro for a Horsemen that has now been turned into a remarkable force (not that he wasn't before, of course).

Castiel of course made himself awesome. Sure, he's lost his mojo of badass angel, but I think it's safe to replace it was badass human with shotgun. Crowley of course kicked everyone's ass once more with his spectacular performance.

I have to agree though... they underplayed Pestilence. He had such a remarkable lead up, and then practically killed off screen (practically). He should have been an episode unto himself, like the other Horsemen, but I suppose with Death handing his ring off to Dean, it was done simply to compile the episodes together as Death obviously wouldn't have been his own episode otherwise.

Not sure what to make for the future of this show, however. It looks like they are going to put the capstone on Lucifer, but I'm more curious how Season 6 will go. I hope they go back to their roots with Monsters of the Week, and I really did like that Sam remembered it with his comment about how simple life was with just Wendigo and shit.

Looking forward to the conclusion of this particular plot.

2. J22

J22 Seventh Year

Loved the new episode, Death is awesome.

Is anyone else disappointed by how the demons have turned out? I remember they used to be crazy bad ass.

I used to get a we're fucked Terminator feeling when they were encountered like when they saved Jon from Azazel's son and resorted to the Colt. The always had to be smart about trapping them with a Devil's trap.

And I could swear rock salt never used to work. Now they get taken out like any other human most of the time.

3. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

First of all it's hard to be excited about the Sam storyline when we know he's not going to die since he's contracted through season six. Ugh. And the Death entrance would've been epic if we wouldn't have got the whole scene in the promo. But that's the CW for ya. If they can keep Smallville running for 10 years they can do whatever the hell they want.

[​IMG]
    All I could think during this scene....

and of course the funniest moment --

[​IMG]

On one hand I was like oh, the fangirls will eat this shit up. On the other, I was like this is too freakin funny. So touche, Kripe. TOU-FUCKING-CHE.

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Didn't see the promo got the full effect. :3

And even is Sam does die, they'll just bring him back.

As Ash said.

They die so fucking often. x)

5. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Yeah, but if you look at it from a certain angle, that's part of the goddamn majesty of the show.

I mean, honestly, how awesome is Season Six going to be after Dean and Sam put Satan himself in the ground at the end of this season?

Think about it. They'll be two badass humans that put Beelzebub back in his cage after defying gods, angels, demons and all that's in between. There is serious potential there.

Especially if the writers play off the whole Death-eventually-reaping-God plot point. Which, again, was awesome.

This is great storytelling.

6. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Krikpe won't disappoint. S/N is just way too good.

7. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

Already whats been said, this episode did not disappoint!

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You guys do remember what series this is, right? When has a series finale ever ended well for the Winchesters?

Season 1: They rescue John, exorcise Meg and then get their asses kicked by an 18-Wheeler.

Season 2: They revive Sam, kill Azazel... But Dean has sold his soul and only has a year to live, and they release 400ish demons into the world, Lilith included.

Season 3: Dean dies. Ruby has started corrupting Sam.

Season 4: Ruby reveals her betrayal, Lilith dies and Lucifer is set free.

Can you see why I'm pessimistic as to whether this whole plan to stick Lucifer back in his cage is going to work?

9. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It'd be lulzy if "sticking Lucifer back in his cage", turned out to be less of a deal of locking him in hell, and more of a "lol, your power took a major nosedive."

10. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
  11. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

Only a couple of days to go.

12. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

To peek (and possibly lose the kick to a major surprise,) or not to peek, and wait for *days* to see what happens? The upsetting part is that I have a sinking feeling that I'll be mature, and wait. Damnit.

13. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Joe, as a huge fan of your epic Harry Potter stories, I gotta ask: Any ideas/plans for a Supernatural epic?

Pretty please?

14. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Or...A Supernatural/Harry Potter crossover.

:awesome

15. Fimbulvintr

Fimbulvintr Seventh Year

16. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

For a while there, I feel behind on the episodes, but now I'm all caught up (thanks to having write reviews for my blog) and ready to go for the finale.

• I like that the Supernatural writers expanded upon Sam's story. It makes a lot of sense that Azazzel "(Yellow Eyed Demon) would keep an eye on his prized possession, while he was at college. Plus, it ties into the whole Sam and Dean were destined to become the vessels for Lucifer and Michael. As much as Sam wanted to get away from his family business (unknowingly his destiny as well)the forces around him refused to let go.
    • Kudos to Mark Shepphard (actor who played Crowley) for stealing nearly every scene he was in. The guy just does a really job of playing a devilishly (no pun intended) clever demon, who looks out for numero uno, instead of buying the whole "Lucifer" is the savior thing. Consequently, it makes sense that he was desperate enough to rile up the "Demon's Nest" in order to insure a survivor's chance for Sam and Dean.
    • Speaking of Lucifer, I absolutely loved what the Supernatural writers have done with his character. In Hammer of the Gods we were presented with so many layers to character that it was hard not to root for him. You see the arrogance and vengeful anger in him, while he was dealing with the treacherous pagan gods. After that, you see the reluctance in his eyes when he realizes that he has to fight his own brother. Lucifer tries to talk some sense into Gabriel, but when the archangel tries to stab him, the Fallen Angel wastes no time in plunging the blade into his brother's heart.
    • When Lucifer has killed most of the Pagan Gods and enters into the meeting room, he announces his presence with "Hey Sam and Dean, long time no see". I laughed really hard at that.
    • It would have been really easy for the writers to make Lucifer the evil incarnate. After all, that's the perception most people have of Lucifer, but they made a an excellent decision by putting some humanity into the monster. There is no doubt that Lucifer is a monster, but by adding a bunch of layers to his character, you keep on toeing the agnostic line of the show, but also create a much more engaging villain than a Big Baddie.
    • Good Bye Trickster, you were one of my favorite characters in Supernatural. I will always look upon the episodes featuring him (Tall Tales, Mystery Spot, and Changing Channels) episode with great fondness .
    • I have had my problems with the pacing of Season 5, but I'm very excited for the last 3 episodes of the Season 5. I think the whole "Cage for Lucifer via 4 rings"* is a little too convenient, but Supernatural has always picked it's game up towards the end of the season, and this shouldn't be any different.

* So the Horsemen's rings jut happen to have the ability to lock Lucifer back up and Sam and Dean could just capture the aforementioned rings. This is the same problem I had Voldemort's horcruxes in the Harry Potter series. Voldmeort was obsessed with immortality, but he hid pieces of his soul in a cave and didn't have an alarm system... That doesn't sound terribly smart.

I know the Supernatural writers tried to cover it by saying that Lucifer doesn't know about the rings locking him back up, but that makes him look dumb and weakens the villain you have spent the entire season building up. Also, if you were the Horsemen, and you were able to roam the Earth because of Lucifer's resurrection.... Wouldn't you do everything within your power to stay from people like Sam and Dean, who have the luck and abilities to possibly snatch those rings away from, thus bringing you and Lucifer a step close to your imprisonments.

• # O' Death indeed ... The Supernatural team gave Death his own creepy theme music, and slow motion entrance and boy was he ever deserving of it. I'm glad they saved Death for last, because he was the most interesting out of the vaunted 4 Horsemen. Where as his brothers seemed to revel in the chaos and destruction they caused, Death is completely cold towards the havoc he wrecks on people, and that's exactly what makes him so frightening. If that wasn't enough enough, he ends up revealing that even God is one day going to die. Combine that with the fact that this entity doesn't even remember how old he is, and you can see why even Dean (who always hides behind sarcasm) is scared of him. If Supernatural is looking for a villain in Season 6, I don't think they need to look any further than Death.
    • # I'm curious about how Death came to be under Lucifer's control. It was obviously against his will because I just can't see someone as proud and dignified as Death working under someone he considers to be a " bratty child having a tantrum".
    • # The introduction of Death ended up overshadowing Pestilence, who was extremely fucked up in his own right. The scenes where he tried his new petri dishes/experiments on the elderly patients were well acted and just the right amount of disgusting for Pestilence.
    • # My only complaint is that Pestilence got shorthanded since he A) Was beaten with the first half of an episode.... B) Caught off guard by a very human Castiel, which made him look weak. I think Pestilence deserved his own episode especially after you have been building his appearance up for a few episodes.
    • # Speaking of Cas, it was nice to have our favorite rebel angel back. Immediately upon his return, he had a great line when he tells Dean (over the phone) "You are not the burnt and broken shell of a man that I thought you were"... Cas certainly has a way with words. Dean's face and "Thank You" were great too.
    • # I said it last week, but it needs to be said again. Mark Shephard as Crowley is fucking awesome. He takes a picture of the kiss, and taunts Bobby with "Why did you have to use tongue"?
    • # Having said that, I don't like the chances of Bobby's soul once all of this over. Crowley is being a little too nice by giving Bobby his legs back and all. I don't know if Crowley turns out to be another Ruby but I definitely think that he has something up his sleeve.
    • # As much as the season had it's ups and downs, I'm still really excited for the Season Finale. It's unfortunate that it will probably be the last appearance of Mark Pellegrino and Lucifer. He has done such a great job this season, I wish there was some way to keep him around, but that would be a betrayal to the story and the character. Just don't have him go down in a dumb way...Please?

17. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Personally, I see Crowley giving Bobby the ability to walk again as a kind of insurance that he's going to keep hold of Bobby's soul until death. After all, he can always argue that giving back the soul means taking back the gift, and I'm not sure Bobby would be willing to spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair. You've all seen the change in him since he got them back; he's a hundred times happier now than he was after being hurt.

18. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

I think this should have been the series finale. I felt that the retconning at the end was because the CW decided to renew the show for Season 6. If they had just let those events stand, this would have been an EPIC finale.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  19. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Damn... Not sure if I liked the finale or not.

I wasn't a fan of the narration, and the episode failed to get me involved. I think it was the pacing but I can't be sure, everything just seemed very bland. Castiel was great again. I was really pissed when he got killed off with a finger snap, but glad he's back.
    Chuck being God seemed like copout. It didn't seem to fit. I also wasn't too big a fan of the lack of care with regards to Adam. I know they never got to know him, but he was there brother, Dean didn't really seem to care about him all that much. The ending seemed a little too DUM DUM DUM for my taste

20. Goreshade

Goreshade Fourth Year

Well it wasn't bad, but it gives the feeling the next season will be shit. Cas will always be my favorite character, I'm glad he didn't die.

My guess is, next season will be a time skip and then Sam coming back into Dean's life (Who now is happy with Lisa. Except she probably is dead.) for some reason or another and they start hunting again. Basically how the first season started but a role reversal.