1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, May 17, 2007.

1. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

He decided to not take part and just go on a really long vacation doing whatever he wants with his super powers.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Impressive lurk, almost a year.

3. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

I think he'll come back around for Revelations. Angels just got bored and created their own little mini version to pass time.

This finale was a little weird. I'm not sure I liked it or not. They've done better finales for sure. I think it was supposed to go down a different way and they rewrote it once they got renewed for S6. Chuck is God? Okay...

I did lol that they didn't give a shit about Adam. Try hard Winchester.

I'm glad Sam came back. A dead Winchester is so S4. But when that streetlight was flickering I half expected Dumbledore to be there idk. If S6 is basically a reversal of S1 then I'm all for it. Sera Gamble can bring it. Even though she's prone to writing shirtless scenes and sexing. I'm ready for some monster of the week again.

Never forget!
    [​IMG]

See you in Heaven, Cas. Go run that in daddy's absence.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Water_Mage you should totally come on IRC one of these days. :(

Also, am I the only one who was disappointed that Bobby wasn't coated from head to toe in gore?

5. Invader.Azula

Invader.Azula Seventh Year

Water Mage! Why did you do that? That scene nearly broke me. I actually gasped out loud when Cas died. And then Bobby? I was nearly done with the show.

But seriously, I didn't like this episode too much. Yes the flashbacks about the Impala, Dean, and Sam were awesome but this felt so underwhelming. I guess that's what happens when you have a apocalypse with a low budget.

6. SerDel

SerDel Third Year

I think that God ressurected Cas to be an Archangel in place of Michael. Chuck was obviously not a God.

7. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

He was an extremely high-level mage/cleric, but his timing and sense of where-should-I-be-right-now-for-maximum-awesome-impact is underdeveloped.

* sick revulsion *
    If God really was inhabiting (or simply using the form of) Chuck, then it all Really Was nothing more than a Sims game for Him. In THAT case, what Castiel had to endure wasn't simply a tragedy, it was obscene.

In IRC, we talked a little about how anything, ANYthing, God does to any part of His creation can't be considered betrayal.

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  8. AnvariX

AnvariX Second Year

I loved the episode. As far as the very last scene, I believe...

The light flickering implied ghost activity to me - EMF. I saw the scene just as Sam's spirit checking in on Dean - seeing if he was OK, if he did indeed go to Lisa, or not...

The rest of the episode was win. I didn't mind the narration and regarding the narrator...

I didn't see God!Chuck coming, but, really, who else would it be? It would've been too bizarre for it to be Missouri who we haven't seen in years, or any other character who has been out of the picture for so long. I'm not thrilled with God!Chuck, because it does make so many former scenes completely different now... but who else could it have been?

9. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

A question?

Why are all of you so convinced Chuck was god?

I mean was there something I missed? He finished his story and then vanished. How do you go from that to God. I mean is it not possible that he was just what he was said to be. A prophet. And since the story was over and he had fullfilled his duty, God/Castiel/Whatever took him from his dingy apartment and brought him to heaven as a reward.

Basically, I see no real reason to think that Chuck was God. The only reason I can think of is that people expect God to have made an appearance and Chuck is the only real possibility. But I don't really see any reason for God to necessarily have been there at all. Infact would that not diminish the message of the brothers/humanity maturing and choosing its own path against destiny/God's plan.

Heck, if God had to be somewhere, maybe the Impala was secretly God all this time. That played a much greater role here than Chuck did.

10. AnvariX

AnvariX Second Year

I think most of us are assuming that solely due to the presentation. Chuck's self-satisfied smile, his manner... it was just heavily implied. Could it be that the angels/God vanished him because his time of prophecy is over? Sure, but I feel like that's just reaching. His entire manner at the end just seemed to impart to the viewer that he is God. It's a far more likely interpretation, in my opinion, than the angels vanishing him.

11. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My reasons for thinking Chuck was supposed to be God
    1. Kripke has stated word for word that we would see God this season, he could have been lying but still.

2. He also said that the entire angels and demons thing was over and done with and would not extend into season six.

3. The narration style and the tone it was given in implied to me a level of smug satisfaction that things had gone not as he'd seen but just as planned.

4. The poof at the end, there are only three possible explanations that I can come up with

A. Chuck has powers that no one ever knew about.
    This would so be absolutely shitty writing just to fuck with viewers if it was true though.
    B. The Angels vanished him.
    What for? The War and the Apocalypse are done, what reason could any of them have to want to ice Chuck now?
    C. He was God
    This is the one I believe. All the facts simply seem to point to this being the case.

12. J22

J22 Seventh Year

The white shirt convinced me.

13. Fimbulvintr

Fimbulvintr Seventh Year

I agree, the white shirt was a significant factor in my decision as well.

Also, I wonder if Chuck and Becky ever did the nasty, that must have been quite something.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  14. Invader.Azula

Invader.Azula Seventh Year

No kidding. I never thought about that. God grief, he put him through hell. And Cas just went back! Why did I not realize that before?

15. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

So... If Chuck is God, would that make Becky a modern day Mary Magdalene?

Just asking.

16. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Becky-the-fanatic-Samgirl
    Not Magdalene, she would be Mary, Joseph's wife. Gruesome.
    I need to scrub my brain...

17. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Chuck was too smug about the whole thing at the end. He wasalmost cocky, and he was neat and scrubbed up. That's not the Chuck we know. The Chuck we know hangs around in a bathrobe and calls sex-lines.

Him being God was the first thing that popped into my head when he poofed away.

I'm a big fan of Dean settling down with Lisa, even though he completely abandoned the black chick from season 1. Pity it won't last too long. I'd be willing to bet on a big time skip for next season....

18. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I havent watched any episodes in awhile, tried not to get in here so I didn't ruin stuff, but I saw the ass end of an episode recently.

Question. What the fuck happened to Sam? He start shooting steroids like a summabitch or something? Dude looks totally different, way more buffer, voice changed o_O

19. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They realized his purpose on the show was to look like an ape and shout "DEAN" in a gruff voice, so they played that part up.

"DEAN. I'M FLARING MY NOSTRILS AND TAKING A STEP BACK. I'M ANGRY"

20. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

If you think that's strange now, go back and watch something from the first season.

Skinny kid vs. Rabid ape

Kinda trippy.