1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, May 17, 2007.

1. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

Maybe one day. I always think I'll come in and be booed out for missing inside jokes. But I'm right there with you on the gore. When Cas went boom I wanted Bobby to look like fucking Carrie.

Lol forever. Dead.

That's pretty much it I guess. I have all the seasons on DVD and it's so weird to see him getting bigger and bigger as his voice gets progressively growly like Bale's Batman. And Sam used to be the ~sensitive one.

2. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

I noticed that, myself (and I'm not particularly observant.) During that montage against the Impala, those pictures of first-season Sam. He looked so young. The scene of him holding Jessica in the pilot - he was happy. Contented.

3. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I didn't think that it killed Michael, but it looked like his vessel melted. If they could recreate Adam's body like that, they could have just made a body for Michael without having to wait. I understood them reviving Dean, he still had a body. The same applied to Adam, the first time. This time, he got molotov'd.

Also, I knew that anyone of Dean's bloodline could be Michael's host. What I was saying was that it would be a pretty one-sided fight if Lucifer was in his true vessel and Michael wasn't.(IIRC, he said that it was hard to keep Nick from spontaneously combusting) It would have been like Nick!Lucifer vs Dean!Michael

4. Torak

Torak Death Eater

hahahahahahaha

Sam was on a acid trip all season long.

5. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

[​IMG]

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Water Mage! Come on IRC now!

Edit: I think it's safe to say that Castiel had all the best line.

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  7. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

S4 Castiel and S5 Cas are like night and day and I'm okay with that. He's awesome.

Shame I missed the IRC invite. Would've been way more interesting than the Stargate Universe episode I was forcing myself to get into to.

8. Jon

MAGE GET ON NOW.

-shakes his fist.-

9. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I support this movement. irc is a pretty cool guy, he encourages healthy debate and doesn't afraid of anything.

10. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

It could be good series ending, but I always thought that in the end Sam and Dean would just drive into the sunset to their next hunt.

As for Chuck=God. Do you remember the first time he met Dean and Sam? He said to them he's a god - a cruel god who killed the their father and burned their mother alive. Well, seems he was telling truth.

11. Jon

Holy shit.

You're right. :eek:

12. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I'm still rolling over Castiel's line:

C: I found a liquor store.

S: And?

C: I drank it.

13. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

"Oh, thank God. The angels are here."

Classic.

14. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Anyone notice how the windshield was fixed in the scene right after the 'cult-town' episode when the demons broke Sam's window?

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  15. Joschneide

Joschneide Groundskeeper

Don't tell me I'm the ONLY one who caught "Mistress Magda" references from
    Chuck? Dean's phone call had him saying "Mistress Magda" then this little inside joke about Becky being too pure had me rolling on the floor. Then contemplating. Right when I heard that joke, since I had been waiting for the appearance of God, I realized it had to be Chuck. So when they showed the white shirt and his little grin, it was just sort of a confirmation for me. But maybe I'm reading too much into the link between Magda and Mary Magdalene.

I also took Cas's rebirth and apparent dominion over Heaven for the time being as him being given an archangel role. Even if Michael is still ok, there is another brother who was killed by Lucifer that is kinda important to Heaven. Seems like some archangel roles should be open.

The last little bit had me cringing. It felt more foreboding to me that Sam showed up so quickly at Dean's with the light flickering. I think there's still room for Sam being a villain for awhile. Or memory loss. Or something inconsistent with a reuniting of brothers. Feels like Sam, if he were completely ok, would begin hunting on his own. I think he'd let Dean relax and have a normal life. At least until something bad happens.

16. Jon

Fuck. I can't believe how YOUNG Sam looks and sounds in season 1.

BEHOLD SAM'S PROGRESSION;

Season 1
    [​IMG]
    Season 2
    [​IMG]
    Season 3
    [​IMG]
    Season 4
    [​IMG]
    Season 5
    [​IMG]

And in the Final;
    [​IMG]

17. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Yeah, he definitely buffed up.

18. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Well, if you think about it. He goes from studying, and trying to get into law school to fighting demonic beings on a weekly basis. If I was the character(or the actor) I'd buff up too for the role.

19. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

I posted this a while ago on my blog and I meant to post it here as well, but somehow I ended up completely forgetting. With the end of the season, it's as good of a time as any time to give you guys some good news especially considering that at some point all of us have yearned for some decent Supernatural fanfiction.

I happened to notice an interesting article relating to Supernatural on io9, which isn't that strange considering that io9 usually has reviews for episodes and cover any major news about the show if it leaks out. However, this was far different from those things since it concerned novel relating to Supernatural. Apparently, there is a whole branch of Supernatural novels out there written and authorized by the CW, instead of some shitty fanfiction writer looking for a bit of Sam/Dean Wincest. I was not aware of this at all, and I decided to do some research on the matter, since the only novels I was aware of were the ones written by Chuck.

Sure enough after doing some research on Amazon, I came across several novels which tie into the overall Supernatural universe. They start out with Supernatural: Nevermore , Supernatural: Bone Key, Supernatural: Witch's Canyon and Supernatural: Heart of the Dragon. All the novels, i have just listed have been published in the past. The one I read about io9 is called The Unholy Cause and it was released on May 4th.

Here is how it's described:
    Way back in April 1862, Confederate Captain Jubal Beauchamp leads a charge across a Georgia battleground… Fast forward to 2009 and a civil war re-enactment becomes all too real. When Sam and Dean head down south to investigate they find that history has got somewhat out of hand…​
    Now, io9 has an entire chapter from the book as an excerpt on their website. I'm not sure about the legalities of what would happen if I were to post the aforementioned excerpt here, which is why I will direct you to go here

When I do eventually get my hands on the book (Sorry blogging doesn't pay), I will throw a review up for it on here. In the meanwhile, if you any of you read it and want to do a guest review, I would be more than happy to let you do it on my blog.

Here is the cover of the latest novel.

[​IMG]

20. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

The show will move to Fridays next season, after Smallville.

Season 6 Press Release:

Friday, 9:00-10:00 P.M. “SUPERNATURAL”

Returning for its sixth season, this haunting series follows Sam and Dean Winchester, two brothers bound by tragedy and blood to their dangerous, other-worldly mission. This past season, Dean and Sam faced their toughest foe yet: the Devil himself. As the Apocalypse raged on around them, the brothers, aided only by a dwindling band of fellow hunters and rebel angel Castiel, sought a way to stop Lucifer and save the planet. Ultimately, they discovered a way to force Lucifer back into Hell and end the Apocalypse – but at tremendous cost: Sam’s life. Season six will be a season of mystery and shadow. Heaven and Hell have been left in complete disarray since the apocalyptic events of season five. And now, monsters, angels and demons roam across a lawless and chaotic landscape. And so Dean Winchester, who has retired from hunting and sworn never to return, finds himself being pulled back into his old life – pulled back by none other than Sam Winchester, who has escaped from Hell. The two reunite to beat back the rising tide of creatures and demon-spawn, but they quickly realize that neither are who they used to be, their relationship isn’t what it used to be, and that nothing is what it seems. The series stars Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester, Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester and Misha Collins as Castiel. SUPERNATURAL is from Warner Bros. Television in association with Wonderland Sound and Vision, with executive producers McG (“Nikita,” “Charlie’s Angels,” “The O.C.”), Eric Kripke (“Boogeyman”), Robert Singer (“Midnight Caller”), Sera Gamble, Ben Edlund and Phil Sgriccia.